Chariot Plumbing Supply & Design

Chariot Plumbing Supply & Design Employee Reviews

A company that could be very successful but is run as a hobby shop. Mistakes are not teaching tools to learn from, they are lorded over you, you're entire time of employment here. Safety is preached as a top priority but is rarely followed through on.Outstanding place to learn professional development at. You will come across many issues you may never find in another job. Most employees last less then six months and working here will clearly outline why.
Pros
Unique environment you will rarely find anywhere else.
May 4, 2021
Dear Former Employee,Thank you for your review. We are always looking for ways to improve and will happily take your feedback and see what we can do to improve. You were a very talented staff member who sadly was with us for less than a few months. We wish you had would have gotten to know us better! One of our culture statements is “Accountability creates response-ability.” It is so important that we teach our new staff how to hold their managers and customers accountable within their first few days. We understand that for employees new to this style of leadership, it can feel overwhelming when discussing ways to improve. On the flip side of the coin, employees often struggle to understand how their actions may hurt their co-workers or our customers. We believe it is important to a healthy work culture to humbly and openly discuss how we can work together better. We are very proud of our safety record. We have passed three Osha audits in the last three years and only had two minor incidents in our 17 years in business. Nevertheless, in a busy operation accidents will happen. Thankfully, the most serious incident we ever had was a broken toe! Safety must be a priority for every company and we will always empower our staff to make any change to increase safety. Thank you for your kind words about professional development! It is part of our company mission statement to build our team through professional development and we are glad you enjoyed that aspect. Our current staff has an average of 3.5 years on the job and we will always look to hire dedicated and - more...
Chariot has become a home away from home these last few months. Even with the looming COVID-19 stresses, Chariot continues to push through and provide excellent customer service and run a strong & well-functioning staff. They are absolutely wonderful and continue to improve upon the challenges that arise. If you are hesitant about applying for a job in any way, feel free to stop in and ask anyone who is working their thoughts. The warehouse, design, and accounting teams are always willing to help and are consistently so friendly!
I have been an employee with Chariot for 2 years. I started out as the administrative assistant which quickly grew into marketing/design. This company values each and every employee and client as a premium asset. Chariot has provided me with the opportunity to establish a foundation to my professional career, as well as provided me with a support system and the resources to be successful in my position. The employees are great and nice to be around the CEO is the type of person that would literally give you the shirt off his back. They will have to burn the building down before I leave... and even then I may just work in the ashes.
I was with Chariot for almost 6 months and came in during a difficult transition to a new software for managing inventory and customers. Everyone stayed positive for the most part and kept smiling. When you walk in the door each morning for work, there are multiple people who say Hi and greet you. Management is very open to different opinions and ways of doing things. If there is a personal issue which needs to be talked about, they take the time to listen. There are challenging days and simple days. They offer schedule flexibility especially for doctor appointments and family emergencies. Overall I recommend working here to anyone who like to be challenged.
I have had the privilege of working at Chariot for almost 4 years now, and the growth it has gone through in such a short amount of time is astonishing. This company has seen its challenges, and in turn, has made some very difficult decisions in order to achieve a stronger team and culture. The people here help one another and are encouraged to keep everyone accountable without fear of consequence. You truly will never find another boss who listens more or is quicker to admit fault. The environment is so fast-paced and upbeat, plus it's complete with puppies to play with and constant family visits! If you are looking for something to be a part of, and not just punch your hours, this is a second home.
May 4, 2021
Thank you SO much for your kind words! We love having you on our team. Employees like you are what continues to bring our customers back again and again. We couldn't do it without incredible team members. Our team is what creates success and thank you for being a part of our growth.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
First off can I say that I love working at Chariot! We recently underwent a major staff change in certain departments, this has significantly improved both the culture and the attitude in these departments and the company in general! I have bad days just the same as everyone else but it's the culture of the company that keeps me happily coming back. I'll be frank the fast and often demanding work pace isn't for everyone. The benefits could stand improvement but it's a small to mid-sized company, I'm not expecting the gold plan. That being said I wouldn't trade this job for the world! I came from a job where my boss, and the management team in general, couldn't care less about what I did daily. They only cared that they looked good to their superiors. This just bred lots of corruption, lying, backstabbing, and general mistrust. So when Chariot offered me a job it was a welcome change. My current boss cares that I'm happy at work and that I am achieving personal and financial goals! Chariot may not be a good fit for everyone, but I am glad it's a perfect fit for me.
May 4, 2021
Thank you for all your years of dedication and hard work! We are so grateful to have co-workers and friends like you on our team. We will continue to work on our benefits plan and make continual improvements there. Honest and blunt feedback from our staff (especially while they work here!) really helps us dial in our employee programs. Thank you for all you do!
i would not till people to work there because of other employees in the warehouse not a safe place in warehouse bad communication with in the comany very stressful
September 28, 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate having the opportunity to learn about our mistakes and grow from them.We are sorry that our workplace was a stressful environment for you. At our company we have high standards for accuracy and engagement than most, and that can create more stress. Poor communication is a part of the puzzle that allows us to complete these jobs to the highest standard, as well as create an effective and pleasant work environment. Last year we made a refreshed commitment to improve the operations of this company to achieve these goals, and we are sorry we could not eliminate these stresses sooner.We wish you the best in your future endeavors.
The pay was good, there are no benefits but they do pay some towards getting your own healthcare. Management did not know how to run a warehouse, time management was just absolutely deplorable along with the communication.
September 28, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We value your feedback as it helps us change and grow into a better company.As a small business, we do our best to provide what benefits we can and we continuously strive to make the most with what we have. Since mid-2019 we have been in the process of entirely revamping our management style, company operations, hiring, and company culture. Part of this was reviewing employees that were not keeping up with our new standards. We also revemaped our hiring process to a very rigorous vetting process to hire the right people. We are sorry this was not in place prior to your hire to provide you the right environment for you to succeed in, and we take full responsibility for our faults and feel we have rectified the situation. We wish you the best of luck in the future.
I enjoyed this place of work because of understanding boss, competitive pay, and peaceful environment. I got to drive and deliver with my dogs. My job consisted of some heavy lifting and a lot of driving. Overall, it was worth it. I quit in order to finish college.
May 4, 2021
Thank you so much for your review. We loved having you on our team! We wish you nothing but the best and are glad working here was a positive experience. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to your co-workers and our customers.
Jobs at Chariot Plumbing Supply & Design