Charles E. Smith Life Communities Employee Reviews

Under new leadership
Director (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 18, 2018
The organization is under new leadership. This is a great place if you want a job to collect a check, but you have to WORK for it. The new leadership ignores the talent, skills, and abilities of the current staff and doesn't know how to delegate responsibility. The organization is driven by title and not the mission or vision. the bottom line is money not service to the people.

It is sad to say that the residents are more pleasant than their providers and that was the only thing that kept me there.
Pros
its a job, not a career
Cons
under paid, no breaks, lack solid management
Love working here
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 12, 2018
So love this place! I enjoy working here and intend to be here for years to come. The place is clean, comfortable and resident focused. This is the Cadillac of all Nursing Homes!
nice employment for temporary job
Occupational Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 26, 2017
Very nice people, workload average, need orientation to continue. The work seemed too much for one person to do, thought by many employees. Manager aware and is planning on changing job description to even out work.
I worked as part time to supplement my salary
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 27, 2017
Charles E Smith life Communities is a good place to work but there are not enough opportunities for GNA unless you go for nursing. So it a good place to work as part time
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
Low pay and job is stressful
New management has longtime employees running for the hills.
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  RockvilleJune 21, 2017
I was attracted to the social mission and had some great co-workers and thoroughly enjoyed interacting with the residents. But changes in management triggered a culture change that took away the small-company feel and shifted the focus away from residents and more toward "business objectives" and non-profit profitability. Sad to see so many good people leave -- long-timers with institutional knowledge and compassion.
Pros
Social mission, work-life balance, decent pay, some great co-workers and residents
Cons
Morale problems; bad management; the environment can be depressing
Very fast paced environment, great colleagues!
Program Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDSeptember 13, 2016
Great colleagues, personal staff, save environment. Work is fast paced. Great place to cultivate your craft, meet great people.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Very fast paced
Made friends with so many seniors, gained tons of experience, specially of Jewish Customs and Traditions
Dining Staff (Former Employee) –  Ring Home, Rockville, MarylandOctober 12, 2015
This was my first paying job in USA, and I treasured it.
There was always a chance to make more money, if you needed it.
The Managers were wonderful.
Staff was very cooperative and time just flew.
Seniors were ready to accommodate any changes and were happy go lucky.
Pros
Tasty food
Cons
This was also part-time
trying to become a great place to work
Information Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 9, 2014
The work is challenging but I have hit the ceiling as far as upward mobility and raises.
Introduced me to inpatient OT
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 2, 2014
This is a very large complex of "housing' to include, assisted living, and sub acute healthcare. I would travel 2 1/2 hours with traffic to get to my employment which eventually was my reason for leaving.
I did have the advantage of working in all of the buildings exposing me to a variety of diagnoses that I treated.

If it were not for the travel aspect, I would have loved to stayed.
Pros
people to work with
Cons
traffic to travel
Great co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 28, 2012
It was a busy work day, but usually not stressful. Although I had multiple bosses, we were a team. The best part of the job was that I was not micro-managed.
Pros
job security, good benefits
Respect, Service,Intergity and diginty for others.
Resident Care Coordinator/CNA/GNA (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 30, 2012
It was worth being part of the organization. how the work and support the duties that was expect of me, with completing task before the end of the day. The responsibilities included the scheduling of nursing staff 24 hours a day. Prepare payroll for final approval and interacted very well with families and resident in scheduling medical appointments and answering their numerous questions. Was always professional, on time and hardly (if ever) called out sick, Also receive a promotion, and was diligence toward what was expect of. work well with co-workers, was finding reliable staff. Being able to work in a pleasant environment.