Charles River Medical Associates Employee Reviews

productive and fun place
Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 24, 2019
Charles River is a good place to work at, also to learn new skills. Its a very helpful environment for new medical assistants to learn openly and sharpen their freshly learned procedures from school to the real life hands on.
Good place to work but very fast paced. Must know your patients
Flow Coordinator/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAFebruary 15, 2018
Great benefits.Good pay. High volume.stressful at times.Big turnover.
You must get to know your patients to be able to keep up. You must be well rounded and able to multi task.
no complaints
typical day would include about 16 patients
doctors are friendly
Great work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 16, 2018
Great work environment. Great co-workers. Attractive rates! Great doctors to work with. Pharmacist works hand in hand with nurses. Small close knit office with friendly co-workers.
Pros
attractive rates $$
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  MetrowestJuly 17, 2017
The learning experience was amazing. The working environment is nice and while it can get busy but, the experience working there is well worth it in every way.
Crma
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 5, 2017
Overall, Great Doctors.
Life balance - Long hours - Family time is non existent. Commute can be up to an hour - depending on traffic
Benefits are horrible - very expensive for a family plan.
Advancement - there is no advancement in CRMA.
Management - depends on which office you work for - all are very different.
Culture - Lots of turnover. Every office practices differently and there is no consistency to CRMA.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
half hour lunches, long commuting times, lots of turnover
Fast paced, busy office
Medical Assistant/Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 5, 2016
Every job has it's ups and downs. My co-workers and I have a great relationship and we work amazingly as a team. I work in IM and addiction therapy and I've developed such great bonds with our patients. I've learned so much working here. I'm a "half and half person", which means I work in the front desk, lab, and cover flow coordinators in my office as needed. I also work at the CRMA Urgent Care clinic on weekends.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Great benefits
assistant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 17, 2015
This employer has wonderful benefits for it's employees. They also have competitive salaries. Human Resources is staffed with friendly and knowledge people.
fast paced job where everyday was a challenge, Never boring!
MEDICAL ASSISTANT, OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Framingham, Hudson MassachusettsJune 25, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company, I was able to learn something new all the time. It was a wonderful challenge to be able to work with multiple physicians.
Pros
You had to multi-tasking so you were constantly doing something.
Cons
I perfer to give 100% effort and time to the patients and sometimes was not able to.
a learning experience
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 11, 2015
Over all, I really enjoyed working at Charles River. Great group of physicians, co-workers were also great to work with. I was able to learn as well as share my own experiences.
• Performed patient intake vital signs verifying medications taking chief complaints • Would call refill prescriptions to patients pharmacy • Perfor
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Natick MAJanuary 20, 2015
• Would call refill prescriptions to patients pharmacy
• Perform venipuntures as well as INR and urine tests perform ECG's on patients and read the results
Pros
Great group of staff and the patients
Cons
No heath care benefits
Crma
Staff (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 12, 2015
Big company with a small company feel. Great place to work! Very dedicated to patients and employees alike. Anyone is able to talk directly with the Operations Manager and Senior Leadership for any issue large or small. CRMA will treat you like family you are not just number.
Pros
Employees, Benefits, Compensation
Busy PCP office
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MADecember 28, 2014
Managing the doctor's schedule, answering and triaging telephone calls. Large office staff for five busy Physicians all working very hard and dedicated. I enjoyed caring for the patients needs. The hardest part was my long commute.
Sense of normalacy
Medical Secretary / Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MADecember 9, 2014
Productive place to work and the most enjoyable part of the job is the direct patient care.
Pros
Catered lunches
Cons
Short breaks
all duties of a medical assistant
Medical Assistant/Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 16, 2014
a wide range of administrative and clinical duties within a busy office setting. Obtain and record vital signs, provide assistant to physician when needed, perform EKG''s perform injections, phlebotomy, triage all medical calls, and prescriptions. Learned a lot working there. most enjoyable was working to help the patients.
Pros
flexible
Triaged diverse health needs of children ages 12-14 years
Nurse Practitioner Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 23, 2014
Good management system and nice place to work and will continue to work with this company.
Professional atmosphere, patient oriented
Diabetes Education Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MaNovember 27, 2012
Busy, patient filled days; patient counseling also requires documentation which took more time than management expected/provided for. Office atmosphere was friendly, great working relationships with co-workers. Most difficult part of the job was keeping up with required patient documentation within the work hours; required several hours/wk outside of work to complete work load
Pros
relationships with co-workers
Cons
required paperwork within work hours, some of available office space