Charles Schwab Employee Reviews

Found 988 reviews matching the search See all 1,002 reviews
Charles Schwab excels at striving to make the Client experience the greatest possible.
Sr. Manager - Analytics and Business Insights (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2019
Data Analysis, SQL Development, Tableau Development - Executive Dashboards, standardized metric definitions - KPI development.

Most difficult part is not have the ability to influence data strategy and how information is delivered to our business partners.
Great Company
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 18, 2019
Schwab is a solid company to work for long term. They have great benefits and the culture is one of the best in the industry. The biggest down side is the starting salaries in departments. Other companies pay more, but you can work your way up to good compensation.

The overall leadership seems to care for their clients in the long run as well. I was fortunate to have amazing direct managers during my time here which can make or break any job.

This is a good company to invest with as well. I was proud to work for them.
Pros
Great facilities, good management
Cons
Lower starting pay
Best job ever
Move Money Associate Contractor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2019
Charles Schwab was such a great experience but most importantly it was such a good learning experience. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I would most definitely recommend someone to work there.
Great place to work at
SharePoint Developer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2019
SharePoint Metric Dashboard Automation with Designer workflows and InfoPath forms and rules.

Designing, creating and updating list with workflow automation to track from multiple SharePoint list, the main list inputs provide update to the months card, tracker and audit list.

Multiple InfoPath forms views with automated rules to update columns and a list.
Pros
Relaxed work place
Cons
Need more team leads
productive and great place to work
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  AZFebruary 12, 2019
productive and great place to work. Employee friendly environment with good support from team. Work from home flexibility and with excellent managemrnt
Good to work
SQL and Tableau Developer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2019
Schwab is completely different than most financial services companies. I highly recommend working at Schwab. The company values experience, age, diversity and rewards excellence.
The people are the best thing at Schwab, infrastructure, culture, politics not so much
Trader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2019
Overall, a great place to learn and get experience, but you have to navigate the extensive back stabbing and office politics that are prevalent throughout the corporation. They excel at tag lines, but it's a slog if you are in customer facing role.

Decent pay, extremely high turn over, and there is a reason for that.

At Schwab you WILL be thrown under the bus at a moment's notice, will NOT have support of even your direct manager and if in a customer facing role will have to endure the relentless abuse from clients AND upper management daily. Manager meetings around bonus time are spent not advocating for extending the bonus pool but finding ways to whittle down how much a "team member" can receive vs. another and how much needs to be adjusted to achieve a number so that management can receive their target bonus amount.
Pros
People, easy entry
Cons
Management, politics, infrastructure (computers, software, etc.)
best company
Project Manager for Change Management (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 9, 2019
The work day was never the same. Always high risk. Pace was fast and multi-tasking critical. This was the peak of my career years. I was the director of the department.
Charles Schwab is refreshingly different
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 9, 2019
Hello:

Schwab is completely different than most financial services companies. I've worked in the industry for 32 years and Schwab actually cares about their clients and their employees. I highly recommend working at Schwab. The company values experience, age, diversity and rewards excellence.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance
Cons
Workplace was great wouldnt mind coming back
OPERATION SERVICES ACCOUNT SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 8, 2019
typical day at working when coming in greeting all your teammates great environment management was always helpful loved being competitive with each other especially helping each other.
culture and benefits
Financial Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Call center environment; the culture of the company is well positioned, but there is a lot of turnover. benefits are great, but health insurance is expensive.
Pros
bonus after each quarter, gym reimbursement (HSA), 401k match up to 5% & more
Cons
high turnover, schedule options & vacations
Schwab
Sr. Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 6, 2019
It's been a good place to work at the last 20 years. I am very impressed with the culture of the firm. As the company footprint is decreasing in San Francisco, I am looking for a change.
Very Diverse Workforce
Manager, Workforce Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2019
The workplace is composed from all generations. Charles Schwab is a company that emphasizes a strong work/life balance. I am still new at the company, and I look forward to a long and happy career at Charles Schwab.
Pros
Strong Work/Life Balance
Cons
Poor training for new employees
Phone Job
Senior High Net Worth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2019
My job consisted of being on the phones. It's a mentally exhausting job. They also seem to hire from the outside to fill the high management jobs. There's a lot of company politics.
Pros
Volunteer time
Cons
Parking, phone stats
Fun
Donor Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXJanuary 31, 2019
great staff, great management. fun place to work at. alot of freedom. plenty of opportunity for advancement since it is such a huge company. i love that about them.
Charles Schwab
Client Service Representative/ Broker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2019
Excellent company overall! Great advancement opportunities. Fair pay (which has changed for the better over the past 10 years) great company culture overall. It’s a family there
Pros
Job stability
Cons
N/a
it was great
Active Equity Trader (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2019
this is a great company and really taught me the industry standard. if you are looking for a place to truly get your feet wet with finance. look no further... Schwab is the place.
Great Company
BROKERAGE SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2019
I recommend working there, they really do care about their employees. You can truly build a career if you work hard and are motivated to do so. They truly want to see you grow.
It was ok
Retirement Services Agent through Modis Staffing (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2019
They were strict about some things, can't smoke on the property, can't park in valet on the weekends, etc. But then in other ways they were relaxed about stuff like the training. You learn a lot but when training is done, it is very slow paced starting out. They do have great benefits and great pay for full time agents but I was a contractor.
Cassady Schiller Wealth Management - Administrator
Client Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 28, 2019
Our firm uses Charles Schwab as a custodian, therefore this review is regarding my role at CSWM and my interaction with Charles Schwab. I am the liaison for our advisers and clients with all Charles Schwab related transactions. I work through their Adviser Center platform, uploading new account forms, transnational forms and placing trades. When necessary I will call into our service team for any client issues that need a Schwab's representatives interaction. The most enjoyable part of my day is when a client expresses gratitude for an issue that I have resolved that has saved him/her time and frustration.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charles Schwab. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

68%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

94%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss