Charles Schwab Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Senior Marketing Manager, Acquisition Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 15, 2018
Overall Schwab is a great place to work. The only downside is that most new jobs are in places other then San Francisco, so there is little opportunity for advancement in San Francisco.

The management team is great
Pros
Work remotely, great leadership, sabbatical
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement in San Francisc
COE - Required
Advisor Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2018
Must pass series 7 federal and state 63 exam to retain employment. In class training does not completely prepare you for exam. If you fail to pass exam on 3rd time or miss cut-off minimum you will be released.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of direction or specific training
There's a balance between work and family.
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 1, 2018
Charles Schwab provides opportunities for advancement, enhance your skills, teamwork, with balance on work and family. I was laid off but would have stayed with company.
Pros
Work Remotely, flexible with time off, and trust in me to do work.
Cons
Manager and team members are located in other states (Colorado & Phoenix)
Overall a good place to work
Advisor Services (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2018
Schwab is a good place to work. Friendly people too wrk with. Sometimes too much politics. Flexible work schedules in some departments. Had to get ahead if you don't play the game.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Too much politics
Fantastic to work with everday
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 29, 2018
While I do not work with Charles Schwab directly, I do indirectly, We work with them everyday as client support specialists with The Retirement Group. They do a wonderful job helping us with our clients. It is always pleasure to speak with them and our clients have nothing but great things to say. Based on the upbeat and professional attitudes I have encountered, it must be a great place to work.
Pros
Fantastic attitudes, great culture, client first mentality
Cons
Nothing that I have seen or heard.
Compensation below average
Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2018
Worked at Schwab for nearly 3 years as a Registered Rep. The compensation was very low, and the job was grueling. Far too much emphasis placed on time-adherence and other numbers. Low overall morale in the building.
A Good Place to Work
Software Developer, Randstad Contractor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 24, 2018
The culture now centers around an Agile environment; stand-up starts every morning. My manager was a very good guy. For the group I was in, the work was primarily back-end.
Great culture...go elsewhere if you want to move up
Senior Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 23, 2018
C level leadership great, pay not so much. If you want to move up, you have to move out. Company prefers to hire externally than develop internal talent.
It's good
Developer - Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2018
If you're looking to retire its a good place to work. I enjoyed most of what I do, however some misunderstanding with management and how code should be done cause a conflict.
Loved it!
Associate Financial Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2018
I enjoyed working at Schwab. Had I been able to pass the Series 7, I would have stayed. Loved the environment, managers, teams, and culture! Definitely one of my favorite jobs.
It's pretty good
Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2018
It's a great place to work even better if you fit the culture. Most the people are accepting and good people to be work around. They are for the customer company.
Pros
Vacation and Sick time
Cons
A lot to learn
Lack of advancement
Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2018
The main issues I had with Charles Schwab was the lack of career advancement and that it was clear by the vision of upper management that the banking side of the business was not a priority when it came to further developing the services or capabilities of the department.
Used to be great
Senior Manager of Platform Services (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 20, 2018
The culture is changing significantly it used to be a great company to work for. In recent years the growth has not been managed properly so it has lead to some political infighting.
Pros
Has money
Cons
To much politics
Charles Schwab
Senior QA Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 19, 2018
Probably the best job I ever had, pay may not be as high as some others but the way you are treated here makes up for that. It was an amazing experience.
Fast paced
Retirement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2018
Depending on your department, you will learn a lot! I have learned a ton about finance and retirement accounts, which I knew nothing about to start. There are a lot of phone calls that come in and you need to be able to handle frantic and frustrated clients, especially during year end and tax season.
Positive, boring but fun at the same time
Modis Contractor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 17, 2018
a typical day was sitting at a cubical staring at a computer all day, using multiple software and had to be very attentive, organized and work closely with colleague to meet all deadlines for the day. it was a great place to work at the company shows they really care about there employees and clients. the promote health and wellbeing, always doing things for employees to make life easier and just to show they care. its a really cool place to work at if you like an office environment. there was always something new to learn and the benefits provided are wonderful. everything there in trained in house since they have there own system they work with, class are also available to become license, Over all it was a great place to work at. just depends on if that's your type of job.
Good Company
Senior Client Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Charles Schwab. I looked forward to additional opportunity. Work life balance was good. Holiday and most weekends off. Compensation was fair for job requirements
Away too long to have an accurate view
Senior Marketing Manager - Capital Markets (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 15, 2018
It has been too many years since I have been there to have an accurate view. At the time, I enjoyed it very much and felt supported. however, I have heard the culture has changed dramatically in the years since I was there.
Its okay
Financial Crimes Investigator (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMay 14, 2018
CS is okay. I worked as a contractor. The training was awful and I felt as though I came from a very similar institution doing the exact same task, they assume you are prepared to be fed to the "wolves". They set you up to either succeed or fail. Very little individual support. I believe overall, had I not been a contractor I would have stayed with the organization.
Pros
Lots of good networking opportunities here
Cons
widget driven
Ageism is alive and well at Schwab
Trader (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 14, 2018
Above 40? Run screaming!

The pay is abysmal and the pressure to perform only keeps increasing as they cannot keep good employees. Run away as fast as you can!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charles Schwab. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.2Fairygodboss Score

68%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

81%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss