Charles Schwab

Charles Schwab insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Featured review

Charles Schwab selected this as a representative review
I have to say this is one of the best places I have ever worked. I had a good team and management is very supportive. Each day I had time to perform my duties. I learned many new technologies and methodologies. The culture is very open and friendly. I was given a lot of opportunities to be able to grow my skills.

Look elsewhere

Charles Schwab used to be a good company. Leadership changed when Charles Schwab moved down and managers come and go. There is a culture at Schwab. Either you buy into the Kool-aide or your basically blackballed.

charles schwab

great place to work good people great chance for advancement working with people who would help you every day with your problems or support if you were going thru a difficult personal problem. talking to the customers and helping them get their problems solved was very good

Not great

Worst training experience of my entire life. When I actually started working the job after 8 weeks of training, me and the other people I trained with had no idea what to do. We were thrown on the phones to figure it out. This led to a very stressful environment.

Not a Bad Place

Schwab is a good company to work for if you get in with the right manager and a team that does not back stab you. There can be office cliques. The benefits were good.

Pros

On site cafeteria, healthcare

Cons

Cube farm, fast paced heavy work load

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Great people silly rules for advancement

Getting promoted is solely reliant upon getting 100% on client surveys. Managers have no say in the process. You can be great at your job and still not advance if you are unlucky and don't get enough surveys. Its luck of the draw.

Pros

Get your licensing

Cons

scheduled breaks

Good culture. Terrible pay

The company does well at coaching employees and giving them the tools to do their job well. Management does embrace teamwork and inclusion. The job company does not move employees up in the ladder very often and the pay is definitely some of the lowest in the industry.

Pros

Good culture. Good work environment. Good benefits

Cons

Low pay. Not many chances to move up.

Great place to start.

Call center metrics. Client survey scores are used as a critical part of your career progression. Pay is lower for the amount of hats you will wear as a broker. Excellent training to succeed elsewhere.

Pretty good job

Can't really say a whole lot of bad stuff about this company. They did some pretty amazing things at this job and the management actually care about where your career leads you.

Smart people, great vision with low empowerment of personnel

Pays well for salary, bonus and long term incentive. Smart people to learn from and grow your own skills (soft and technical). Great legacy culture surrounding relationship and people focus.Very busy, constantly shifting priorities and extreme bureaucracy when it comes to capex/foex funding, opening hiring requisitions, funding of any sort of projects and signing authority for any services, professional services, product/service/maintenance contract renewals. Employees at the IC, management and executive levels are not empowered. This makes working there very, very challenging.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

remote work, EV charging, employee empowerment

Overall great company

Great place to work and very competitive in the industry. Offers everything clients needs. However, promotions are based more on tenure than performance.

Fun and energizing workplace balancing daily work with daily human interaction

This is a close knit team of people from all different experiences, helping each other on a daily basis. We talk a lot in person and online to resolve client issues and also to get to do know each other better individually.

Pros

Time for team lunches weekly, manager sponsors lunches, flexible time off

Cons

Short lunches, overtime encouraged

Large nationwide presence and still growing. Work culture is what keeps you not the pay

I worked at one campus for almost ten years in a department of about 300 people. You get to know your colleagues are able to rely on each other to get work done. You didn't feel chained to your desk or headset if you were able to find opportunities to get involved in projects. Career development is possible but licensing plays a big factor in what positions are available. They have created perks that will keep employees for 10-20 years even if its in a call center type role. Opportunities to network naturally come into play because of the many departments that each person will interact with regularly.

Pros

relaxed casual culture. overall generous benefits and paid Sabbatical after 5 years of service

Cons

minimal negotiation on pay or annual increases without title promotion

Toxic work enviroment

Initially ok. Started a new lead and environment became toxic. They gunned for me and rubber stamped me out. Still recovering from the hurt I felt and it turned me off from the financial industry despite getting my 7.

Pros

Ok pay

Cons

robot enviroment.

Great work environment; salary and bonuses could be higher

Schwab is a great place to work in their call center, although the salary is not what you would make at other brokerages for a licensed stockbroker. They offer excellent training. Advancement can take years.

Pros

Excellent training

Cons

Lower salary than industry standard

Good company just not for me

Schwab overall is a good place to work for. good pay and good culture. wasn't the best for me personally so i left. but i would recommend for the average person

Pros

pay and schedule

Cons

metrics

Great place to work if you love call center jobs

I started at Schwab when the pandemic was just starting, so my work experience has been entirely from home.Schwab was quick to transition most of its employees to a remote environment due to the pandemic, all while ensuring the employees had the proper equipment to work comfortably and efficiently. They provided us multiple monitors, company-issued laptops, and other necessary accessories.The colleagues on my team and my colleagues are great. They are always supportive, and constantly make themselves available if you have any questions which is crucial in this virtual environmentIn my role, the job is simply taking inbound calls from clients all day long, troubleshooting their technical issues with our website, mobile apps, or trading platforms. If you have great customer service skills, and are good at dealing with frustrated clients over the phone, then this job is for you. Additionally, since it's a technical support role, you are not required to obtain any licenses although you are welcome to pursue those if you wish. The pay is great. I honestly thought I was going to be getting paid less when I took the job. Benefits are also great, and the job has a wonderful work-life balance. If you are good in your role, then you can advance quickly here. The opportunities are definitely plentiful. The cons of the job are mostly with two things: the training and adherence metrics. Training: Even if you are in a tech support role, Schwab still puts you through a 2 week content training phase which has you taking phone calls about things you'll never need to know again, thus -

Pros

Great support system, pay, benefits, opportunities for advancement & work-life balance

Cons

The training and call metrics

Dead end job

Good luck trying advance anywhere outside of the call center environment. Raises are metrics based and can be denied for any reason. If you are a high achiever, this is not the company for you.

Pros

401k match

Cons

pay

Good place to learn, bad place to find time off.

I like working here. A lot. While the benefits aren't the best the pay is good for what's essientially pretty easy work! It does get harder as you climb up the ladder and the pay doesn't always reflect that.

Corporate America

Financial firm. Some areas have classic call center feel. There is some opportunity to advance. The bonus structure is subjective. Recognition program was nice.

I consider Schwab a good 'corporate citizen'

Great place to work - Schwab seems to have a certain recognition or even reputation, nationally, that makes an employee proud to be a part of - And proud to say so.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charles Schwab. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

76%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss