Charles Schwab Employee Reviews

Excellent culture and value system
Sr. Specialist, High Net Worth (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMarch 14, 2018
Great place to work and advance, management really cares about people. If you’re driven, hard-working, and a good manager of time this will be a great place to springboard your career.
Operations
Sr. Client Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2018
Busy days which include responsibilities to promote client retention and identify opportunities to build existing relationships through timely and accurate operational processing and service quality.

Workplace culture allows for interaction and collaboration within company business units to avoid department silos.

Work/life balance becomes challenging due to work volumes and limited resources including personnel to support large plan and demanding clients.

Opportunity to learn something new everyday. Clients email regarding complex operational issues which require excellent analytical and research skills.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Salary does not commensurate with experience
good but not great
Client Verification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2018
Prefer not to say as i am still working a contract with the, with that said the environment they put off for contractors is very "less than" compared to the full time employees and id do not like this.
Wonderful Place to Work
Securities Broker/Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 7, 2018
Schwab is a great place to work. I was there for over 5 years and it was an amazing experience of growth, teamwork, and advancement. I would highly recommend this organization to anyone who wants a career in financial services.
Pros
Great people, great environment
Cons
Stressful job
Fast-paced deadline driven workplace
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2018
The finance industry can be a very intense place to work. The people there are great but the expectations can be high. The most enjoyable part were the people I worked with. I did not like the industry and type of work I was doing.
Great benefits
SR TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 5, 2018
Benefits were great, but upper leadership was lacking in knowledge of day to day operations and needs.Could not always get the necessary tools to do daily functions.
Working for Charles Schwab
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2018
I enjoy working with young people who have the same desire that I do and that is to champion our clients' needs to our best of our ability. There is a feeling of inclusion and support that I find to be an additional benefit to the work I perform.

Ten hour days are difficult, but having a team of friendly people surrounding makes it enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Difficult clients
Highly Respected Within the Industry
Senior Trading Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2018
Schwab is consistently rated as a top employer to work for. The company thrives on providing value to both it's clients and shareholders. While there is a strong culture established from the top down that can be felt as soon as you walk through the doors, their consistent distribution of profits back to the shareholders results in a conservative pool of retained earnings for infrastructure development and employee compensation potential. This is a company that will allow you to create what you want for yourself and support you along the way, but may fall short when it comes to compensation for that growth relative to other firms.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
Don't Fail the Series 7
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 2, 2018
Don't Fail the Series 7 or they will give you a 30 day notice faster than your head will spin. Some managers definitely care about helping you grow as a professional and a few just act like it. They claim to care about you as an employee, but with the "one Schwab" culture they are breeding clones. The don't care about you as an employee even though they claim to. They care more about the client which is understandable, but always remember you are a warm body filling a seat and can be replaced.
call center
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 28, 2018
call center answering client calls. Long days of 60 calls per day. Various shifts available. Fast paced training. Must adapt quickly to changes in systems and regulatory
Great work environment and culture
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2018
I'm definitely happy working at Schwab. I would like to continuemy employment with the firm but am relocating to Los Angeles. I can definitely say it has been a great experience.
I could have been happy there
Windows Systems Administrator/Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2018
It was a nice place to work and I think I could have been happy there. I had to leave due to a death in the family and had to take some time off so I never got to find out where this job could have gone.
Great compnany
Stockbroker (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COFebruary 27, 2018
Overall Schwab is a great company! they really care about their employees and clients. They do need to be more mindful of the management they choose because some of them do not uphold Schwab,s values and they are the ones that get to choose who and how quick they want to "promote" people. Unfair really.
Pros
Great people, always OT incentives, some good management, great training
Cons
Some managers, HIGH call volumes, some ATM's, rude clients, very lead based
Company in Flux
Business Systems Analyst /Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 25, 2018
Charles Schwab is a company in flux, making it difficult for many employees to adjust. It does offer excellent benefits, but there are many decisions about the business being made that leave many of the employees unsure about their future.
Amazing culture but have to be license to continue employment
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXFebruary 22, 2018
The position requires you to have your 7 and 63 to continue employment which they will pay you to study for. The work environment is stressful but your coworkers make it all the worth while.
great reputation
Financial Consultant Academy (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2018
I like the fact that the company has a great reputation in San Fran and the entire west coast, the salary is competitive and manager are superb. Salary is competitive, health care is good, not great, pay time off is fair compared to the market standards.
Pros
career progressive
Cons
not as popular on the East Coast
Good company
Senior Administrator in Document Control (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79912February 21, 2018
Good pay and work environment is nice. There is favoritism and they want to get as much work from one person as possible, but that's commonplace nowadays with any company.
Business Continuity-Corporate Level
Mgr and Director Business Continuity, Audit (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2018
This was a wonderful opportunity. I grew from Risk Coordinator to Director-BCP at corporate level.

I worked hard and opportunities kept coming.
Had high exposure to leaders and managers
Pros
This was my greatest career change opportinity
Cons
Unfortunately things changed- mostly due to market downturn
Consultant
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 20, 2018
As a consultant, it is great, I cannot speak for FTE roles or to compensation/benefits.

The managers I've worked with in the past were great as were most of the employees.
Pros
Wlb
Cons
na
Good Company
Senior Developer/Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COFebruary 20, 2018
It is good company to work. You will get a lot technical exposure here. Work life balance is good for full time employment but not for offshore contractors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charles Schwab. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.2Fairygodboss Score

68%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

81%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.