Charles Schwab Employee Reviews

Great culture and customer service
Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 16, 2018
I have worked with many companies but working with Schwab has been a great experience. They truly do put the customer first. Working with them at The Retirement Group has been a real eye opener as far as how a large company can still care. Always respectful and courteous to all of us.
Pros
Friendly and helpful service reps, always put the customer first, always make you feel like a priority
Cons
Long hours, can be stressful at times
summary
Talent Advisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2018
Great work environment, competitive compensation. My leaders were encouraging and vested in my development. It is a great place to establish a long term career.
Cons
far drive, bad traffic
Best place I ever worked
Senior Staff (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 9, 2018
When I was there they would say "we want this to be the place where you can do the best work of your life" and it was, so far. I believe in their mission statement and found they made a sincere effort to walk their talk. My SVP used to send a birthday card every year and the best manager I've ever had was here. They also did a good job with spot awards and recognition.
Pros
Good team environment
Cons
Quarterly reviews seemed to come so quickly/often
Great Workplace
Associate Financial Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COAugust 7, 2018
This company is so far the best one I have worked for. The management is great, everyone is being treated very well and no one has to be afraid of managers. It is a great place to work at.
Micro Management
Sr. Team Manager, Payroll (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2018
During my 15 interviews it was sold to me that someone with my skill set was needed. I was told that help was needed to develop the team, enhance processes, make my own assessments of the team, and train the team. They made it sound like change was needed and supported.

I quickly realized that really all my leadership wanted was a babysitter to the staff. I was not given the ability to make my own decisions about process improvements. My assessment of the staff was ignored. I needed systems and compliance training for the staff but there was no budget. Ultimately I was micro managed and not given anonymity, which made me leave.

If your an individual that has your own ideas, and likes to make decisions, and make an immediate impact, this is not the place for you.
Pros
Hard to find many
Cons
Parking in Phoenix is horrible. Only HSA offered for medical. HSA was to expensive.
Great corporate culture with many opportunities
Brokerage Team Manager, eServices (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXAugust 6, 2018
Schwab is a great place to work for people that are either new to the financial services field, or experienced. There is a huge emphasis on the client, and our vision to see all things through client's eyes is a fundamental fact of all that the company does.

Most individual contributor roles are very reasonable and provide ample opportunity to grow and develop. Management is a bit different depending on the organization you may ultimately be in. I was a manager, and worked an enormous amount of hours to keep up with everything. There is an excessive burden placed on leadership, but hopefully some of these tasks will be removed over time to provide more time for the coaching and development of team members.
Pros
Great people, great company, great culture
Cons
Management is not always in sync, and the workload for leadership is extreme
Amazing Company to start your career!
Operations Account Solutions Associate (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 6, 2018
One of my favorite places to work. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the company and the people i worked with, even in different departments and on other teams. The management was very informative and helpful. The teams were offered incentives for completing certain goals monthly. If they were looking to Full-Time employees I would love to start a full career with them.
Great opportunity to learn and grow
Marketing & Business Development (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 6, 2018
I worked at Schwab during the early part of my career, I thought it was a great place to learn and build up experience. I had the opportunity to be involved in a wide variety of projects and initiatives and got lots of varied experience. It's been years since I have worked there and I know the organization has gone through a significant amount of change, but I liked the company and its culture during my time.
Great Environment
Asset Transfer Services - Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2018
Very good environment. They care about their employees. I actually miss working there. They have a great investment management program and they hire really good people.
Great job for first time broker
Broker-in-Training (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 4, 2018
They don't tell you that you will be consistently taking 60-80 calls a day for 10 hours over people wanting a check mailed out to them. It is a call center environment and should be treated as such going into the position they will never tell you that in the interview.
Pros
License is paid for
Cons
call center environment
Voice Systems analyst
VOICE SYSTEMS ANALYST - NY DATA CENTER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 30, 2018
Good employer (financial sector). Employees motivated to create and/or discover career paths within the company. Management style is open-door and accessible.
Great Place to Start Career
Registered Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2018
Wonderful opportunity to get into financial services. Will pay to get your licenses and time to study. My advice would be to leave upon licensing however. For whatever reason, Schwab loves to hire outside.
Pros
Paid study time
Cons
Hire from outside
n/A
Senior Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2018
Schwab is a good place to get started. The job training is excellent. The best training is the "Build a Broker" program. Basically, you go to school for a few months in a classroom like setting to be a stock broker. You must pass the Series 7/65 to qualify.
A good place to work
Client Banking Service (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2018
A good place to work. I enjoy being there and very helpful people. The interview process is long and there are several interviews to go to. It is work the wait.
Good Work life Balance
Senior - Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 24, 2018
Good Work-life Balance. But a very laid back environment and someone who is an enthusiast to try and explore new avenue, this is not the place for you.
This is where yours ideas DIE
Senior Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 24, 2018
I must be in a bad group (team). My experience is mostly negative. Coming from a highly collaborative, dynamic environment to Charles Schwab has become a nightmare! Their policy is to promote "engagement" but they discourage free discussions, unless they are "approved" and "certified" topics and positions.

This is where your ideas will DIE.

Collaboration needs to flow between people and disagreements are a sign of a healthy, vibrant team. Not so at Charles Schwab. From day one it has been struggle as every statement I make is challenged as false; every idea is viewed with suspicion or summarily ignored.

However, I am not special, everyone else on the team endures the same but have become numb and are looking to get out too.

If you like to just do your assignments (a factory-like job) this will be a good place for you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No advancement, no recognition, no rewarding engagement
Productive place to work
OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 23, 2018
Awesome place to work and really nice coworkers and managers really nice as well. Everybody worked as a team and Schwab was very rewarding to their employees.
Haven't been there long
Associate Financial Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 19, 2018
Haven't been working for Charles Schwab long. It isn't the best fit for me personally, but many others really love it! Do your research first to be sure it's something you want to do.
Great culture
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 16, 2018
Talented employees. Purpose-driven company and enriching workplace culture. A very ethical company that focuses on providing high-quality service and products for its clients and prospects.
great place to work
Account Transfers Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2018
Schwab is a great company to work for. Enjoyed my employment there while it lasted. Enjoyed the location of the office and we had alot of social events through out the the year.
Pros
great location, good benefits
Cons
small lunch room, no resting area when your ill

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charles Schwab. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.2Fairygodboss Score

68%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

81%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss