Charles Schwab Employee Reviews

Challenging place to work
Business Systems Analyst/Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Schwab.

It is a very fast paced and challenging environment, but can be rewarding if you work for the right manager. You can burn out because of the workload if not careful.
Great culture, good benefits, poor management on Technology side
Sr. Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Great culture & caring professional work force
Good benefits (but not the best you can find in the Texh sector)
Heavy presence of politics in certain Tech organizations, with poor management
Poor employee amenities & food options
Company culture going downhill in recent years
Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 21, 2018
With all the geographical strategies to move jobs from San Francisco to Denver, morale is low and career advancement for those in SF is limited. Many newly hired managers enjoy playing politics and are interested in their own career advancement. The work culture has changed and deteriorated from 2000.
over all day
Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2018
The over all day consist of more work, less people and no communication between management and employees. The management did not acknowledge associates that went above and beyond the call of their job, they just expected more from you.
Schwab
Associate Financial Services Professional (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 18, 2018
Great benefits, but not what I was looking for in a job. Helped clients with customer service related issues. Enjoyed the job some, but am looking for more.
Call Center Staff
Securities Broker and Bank Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 18, 2018
Schwab is a good company to work for. Mine were call center positions which come with the stresses and frustrations of customer service work. Staff and management were collaborative and supportive.
Pros
Great tools and technology
Cons
Junior management was weak
Great environment but low pay
Senior Operations Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2018
Great environment but low pay. The benefits could be better as well as the pay. The culture and co workers are great. It is like a typical big company.
Ready, Set, Go!
Contract Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2018
The team was made up of senior developers who knew and had plenty of experience in dealing with business and management clientele. They kept the new hires in line and always had a hand in making sure the team worked collaborative
Pros
atmosphere, strong teamwork, knowledgeable base
Cons
high turnover with contracts
Productive and fun workplace
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 15, 2018
Productive and fun workplace to work in due to good management, good benefits and the friendliness of the people that work there. The company values each employee.
Pros
Free lunches, free coffee gift cards, good employee/manager relationship
Cons
short breaks
It is very fast paced and intense.
Customer Service and Support (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2018
The customer call center allows no margin for error. You answer 60 to 80 calls per shift covering everything from sending a client a check, helping them place trades and resetting passwords.

The culture is very team oriented with competitive fun. We once set up a miniature golf course around the department for competitive fun during breaks.
Pros
A great learning center for financial products and services, It is also a great place to begin an investment career.
Cons
It is almost impossible to leave the call center and get into an advisor role.
Meh
Sr. Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJanuary 14, 2018
The culture is more of a bank culture than a financial services firm. Management at the director level and above have a lot to be desired. In order to get there, one has to guess and purchase the correct version of that months colored dark robe and hood, know the correct chants, and nail the secret handshake or else you’ll be blackballed in middle management forever.
Pros
Time off policy, sabbatical.
Cons
Director level management and above.
Pleasant place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at the retail operations center in Phoenix. The pay was not great. It is a call center and many of the employees spent a big portion of their time gossipping and bickering with each other rather than actually performing the jobs they were paid to do.
Tricky place to work if in San Francisco
Deputy Chief Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 12, 2018
Schwab is a great place to work for many reasons, but they continue to reduce their footprint in San Francisco. Be careful when considering work in the main office.
Charles Schwab Review
Analytics and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2018
It was a good internship. I learned a lot from the experience and I was upset that it wasn't longer. Under the mentor ship of my manager and others at Schwab I was able to extract a lot of useful information and skills from the summer.
Company that cares
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2018
Being an intern at The Retirement Group gave me the opportunity to get to know Schwab more. They are a class act company that takes the time to explain the ins and outs of the business. They are there to help and always think of the client first.
Patient, helpful, and client oriented
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2018
Back when I worked for The Retirement Group, I would often have to deal with Charles Schwab when it came to clients. We always put our clients first and it was refreshing to see that they do too. They were always very helpful and very patient not just with me, but with our clients. I never felt that we would not get the service we expected.
Great work environment and excellent management
Mutual Fund Trading Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2018
My day at work was almost always a learning experience and positive co-workers. I always had the chance to learn new functions. We also had a great work culture that was strong.
Pros
Sabbatical
Cons
Hours
Expectations always met
Customer Service Representative (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2018
Although I do not work directly for Charles Schwab, I deal with them frequently working for The Retirement Group. We utilize Schwab for certain aspects of our business. Whenever I have to deal with Schwab in any capacity, it is always friendly and supportive in nature. We both work towards a common goal of serving our clients and ensuring they always come first. I have spoken to several of my colleagues there and they say nothing but great things about working there. If the service they give me is any indication of the culture there, then I can only imagine it a pleasure to work there as well.
Pros
Great customer service, friendly staff, fantastic support system
Refusal to hire good help
Client Banking Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 6, 2018
The upper management is utterly clueless and disengaged. One director literally "leads" by coming in and burying her self in her office all day, then offers an appearance once a quarter to reply to the suggestions she ignore earlier.
They are interested in hiring lazy call pushers who pass a series 7 license. Everyone else is treated terribly, including the managers.

This company simply does not care about their employees and does not look to hire competent talent
Pros
Pay if you like sales
Cons
Upper mgt, heart twisting call environment and inability to get time off
Working at Schwab.
Client Technical Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 3, 2018
Charles Schwab is a wonderful company that is inspires a very collaborative environment and provides the necessary tools to succeed. Managers are relatively within reach and are conscientious and highly motivational towards career development.
Pros
Great environment, lots of available resources, and career development.
Cons
Shift scheduling and pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charles Schwab. Our community is ready to answer.