Charleys Philly Steaks Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It is definitely a great place to work, but too many small things have caused me to look elsewhere for work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 16, 2018
• My tasks vary from sampling sandwiches to potential customers who may be interested in trying our food, making the food (usually on fries or toppings), or maintaining the cleanliness of the work station.
• Doing things as a team is a must in this environment since it takes a whole team to provide fast yet quality service to our customers, every team member had a role in this job to stick to unless their positions rotated.
• Working in a fast paced environment is present in this job, working slow is not an option since it messes up the whole system put in place for the entire team.
Pros
Discounts, you get tested right away if it is for you, there is always something to do, and the team is a great help
Cons
Stressful environment
Fast paced, long hours, easy work.
Cashier/Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJuly 12, 2018
Good first job, taught me many skills along the way, such as independence, self managing, great customer service. Helped prepare for my 2nd job which was a major upgrade from there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Small pay
A good place to work in but it comes with it’s difficulties such as working hours, management and working hours (no flexibility)
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 8, 2018
Charley’s is a nice place to work in but it becomes stressful after a while, there’s really no flexibility and they expect a lot of you for just a little bit of benefits
Pros
Free meal everyday
Cons
Work hours, management
It all depends on owners/management
Asst Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 5, 2018
The food is amazing, it all depends on who runs the place. My GM was very selfish and cared more about getting off work and getting drunk than the actual restaurant. I've been to some Charley's and been swept away. It's a very simple, proficient design and can work well if you have the right people.
Charleys
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 2, 2018
I was a grill cook here and the the location was inside of a mall so it was not at all fun at times mostly weekend when the crowd was there. Don't recommend to anyone.
Productive and fun place
manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 20, 2018
Charley is a good place to work for since it has flexible schedule, and understandable bosses. The gave me opportunity to learn and grow in the manager field. My owner and GM are very reasonable in all of their decision. They also help me to be a better person myself, like a mentor
Pros
Free lunch, understandable GM, fun enviroment, flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough challenges for my major.
very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 19, 2018
a typical day consist of greeting customers ,taking orders , sometimes make the food as well. the most enjoyable part about my day was interacting with the customers and making them feel good .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long lines
Quick paced
Grill Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 10, 2018
It was a great place to work, the workers there were friendly, willing to help, encouraging. For the most part, I used to take over the grill station, like a executive chef, making sure the meats are well cooked along with the desired vegetables. Making sure the customer get their subs as quick as possible.
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 1, 2018
It was a good place to work as a college student. The hours you get is very flexible and you can work around your school schedule. However, you might lose some weekends to work.
Productive and fast pace work
Cashier, dressing prep and cook (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 31, 2018
Multitasking and face pace work sometimes a lot of struggle and misunderstanding. Sometimes some coworkers don’t want to help out. Good hours but sometimes if there’s already a lot of people the manager would sent some people home and cut the hours that your supposed to have
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No free lunch
ello
Co-manager and promoted to G.M (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAMay 31, 2018
Charleys Philly Steaks Is always the busiest place in the food court.
hey have a simple way of doing things and it works. Fresh ingredients and friendly people
poor work place
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 31, 2018
Charley is a place you would work if you are despite for a job i would never recommend any person to work there the minor labor laws are not followed as far as knife use and fryer use
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benefits poor management
Poor Management, but Great Co-Workers
Sandwich Topper, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYMay 21, 2018
The manager expects you to be able to drop everything to come into work at a moment's notice because people are always quitting or not showing up. As a result of there being so few employees and one position almost never being filled, you are running around trying to cover multiple stations during rushes. Co-workers were always helpful and lent a hand when they could,
bad managment
CASHIER/ FOOD HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 5, 2018
Unorganized workplace. inappropriate employees and race problem. Unfair hours and unfair pay. Slow workplace on weekdays. peek hours only on the weekends
Not so fun
Sub Assembler (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 5, 2018
Manager is just flat out rude, he scopes out younger females and checks them out. An ex employee felt harassed when the manager asked to video chat with her.
Fun teamwork based job.
Food Prep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 4, 2018
Quick paced, multiple roles, relaxed periods, fun interactions, and good environment. At the same time there were times that were difficult when it got too busy, and the working conditions sometimes got too hot.
Fun First job
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHMay 3, 2018
was a great place to work with great training. the staff makes you feel like family and is very willing to help where ever or when ever needed overall probably one of if not the best place i worked.
Pros
free meals, fexible schedule
Cons
poor staffing at times
Fun and busy workplace.
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 23, 2018
Everyday is busy and good work or a beginner. Gets you used to working and everyone there is willing to help you learn. Lot of cleaning if your not cooking.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Low Pay
Cool managers and fair hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 8, 2018
Working here was okay. It wasn't great but it was a decent first job. I didn't like that I basically HAD to work certain days, and feel like I wasn't payed what I was supposed to get at times.
Pros
Free lunches, off-day board
Cons
Unwanted hours, unfair pay sometimes
Customer service
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 27, 2018
Our mission for all customers was to make each customer experience a great experience every time. It was located in a mall so it was always a busy environment especially on the weekends.
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Short breaks