Charlie's Bark Park

Working at Charlie's Bark Park: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

Improved structured management and also fun and fast pace work environment

Charlie's has been making significant changes to improve with management and building a strong team of employees. With the new manager they've recently hired Charlies has become very well structured and a fun, fast pace environment to work in. With working at Charlies I am consistently learning new things, that will not only benefit my job at Charlie's but also outside of the workplace. Some days are more challenging than others, but working with dogs and dog parents daily is very rewarding in itself.

Best place to work

Great management, great co-workers, and amazing clients! The owners are easy to talk to and take the time to listen to what you have to say. Very flexible with hours as well!

Charlie's Bark Park insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job

Fast Pace & Fun Work Environment

CBP is such a fun and exciting place to work if you show interest in dogs and dog behavior. I started as a Daycare handler and worked my way up to management in a course of 4 years and have found my career path. The owners have set the bar of expectation high for their employees which has allowed me to grow and learn beyond what I thought possible. Everyday is a new adventure and a change of pace, keeping the job fun overall. Knowing there's always going to be bad moments and bad days, I still wake up and look forward to my work day.

Loved the work , owners impossible to please

The work although it is strenuous was great and the other employees I worked with were great. The owners however put money first and made it impossible to do the job to their standard. Roles and rules were ever changing. Full timers were to put job above everything. Not for that pay and no benefits

Pros

Discount on dog care

Cons

Owners are impossible

Fast paced yet fun job

I love working at Charlie's, the only bad part of working there is no benefits such as healthcare or dental. After working there a year you are able to get one week paid vacation. It is a fun, fast paced place to work. The clients are easy to work for and their fur-babies are amazing. The owners are very easy to talk to if you have any questions and they help out alot.

Pros

Free food sometimes

Cons

No benefits

Wonderful pups

The best part of the job is working with the dogs, it is very physical and I loved that about the job, it gets confusing since the owners are husband and wife and She has to Manage EVERYTHING. Also alot of cleaning and not very well paid. The owners and Managers tell you two different things, you could be off one day and then they don't fill you in and things change, this was VERY difficult.

Pros

Dogs

Cons

No real break, no Healthcare

Fun to work with dogs, not so much the management

It was great to see the dogs every day. You are no longer allowed to bring your own dogs during your shift. Owners are a husband/wife team. Management directives not always clear- can get two different answers from either of them, and the wife micromanages EVERYTHING!

Productive and fun workplace. What's not to love?

Staff is fun and friendly, get to hang out with the pups! Lots to learn from the owners in business and in dog language. Enjoyable job, physical labor. The job is mostly cleaning.

Pros

Great time

Cons

Lower pay

Active place to work where I could bring my dogs!

I was in charge of managing the front desk in the morning - Greeting guests, answering phones, emails, making sure facility staff were on track maintaining the faciity. I set task lists for staff to complete during each day, and managing the projects lists. Maintaining our rescue dogs, making sure they were all up to date on vet vaccinations, regularly confirming reservations, all while maintaining a clean facility for tours. Management was tough, owners were a husband/wife team who were not always on the same page. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out who to take direction from! Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the new dogs, and puppies! I also thoroughly enjoyed all of our rescue dogs, and getting to know each and every one of their personalities.

Pros

Getting to take dogs to work!

Cons

No benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlie's Bark Park. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits