Charlie's Produce Employee Reviews

I drive porkcliffs
produce repaking (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 22, 2019
working in Charlie's was need's you to be pass moving
especially if you are in the box louder because the belt
sometimes it go pass and slow.
the workplace is kind a cold and warm.
the hardest part of this job is if you working on the fruit's
strawberry's. blueberry's because you need to repack them
in side the cooler.
the most enjoyable on these job is everybody's working together
we have a team work
Pros
we have free coffe
Cons
lunch 30 minute's
Good Job if you are fast and efficient.
Night Shift Worker/ Food Picker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA 99202January 13, 2019
This was the kind of job that when they say Full Time they mean it. I would get overtime every paycheck even if was just an hour or 2.
Work environment was fast paced and I personally had a hard time keeping up with it but other employees seemed to be keeping pace just fine. The managers are relaxed but not laid back and do try to come across as friendly.
Pros
Large Paycheck for a no skill job.
Cons
Fast Paced work environment.
Good money
PARTIAL PICKER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 28, 2018
I like it. It was not easy, but it is not hard. It does pay good money though and you do get overtime sometimes. Lots of it. You do have to keep up with their requirements because they will tell you.
Good place to work for
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 15, 2018
98% of managers and supervisors are homegrown. Charlie's does offer opportunities for growth and to expand career within company. Also offers 100% paid tuition with no ties or condition to stay in company to participate in the benefit program however, there is a 1 year waiting period to be eligible for it. Owners invests in the employees a lot also by giving ESOP to employees that has been with company for 1 year.
Face paced work environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 14, 2018
Picking orders on a time based environment. Must be accurate. Shifts are on a different time frame, with the manager helping as needed to get the job fully complete.
Management needs to be changed immediately
Warehouseman/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CASeptember 28, 2018
I worked for charlies for 2 years. And I seen a lot and heard a lot this company is not fair. Better yet the management isn’t fair. Being wrongfully terminated to save your neck isn’t professional. Being used and treated wrongfully for hard work isn’t fair.
Cons
Short breaks unfair no good raises bad management
I was excited to work there
BUYER/SALES (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CASeptember 25, 2018
I was excited to work for the company this company has no management skills no one trained me they just decided to throw me in just figure out myself on the computer and how did the everyone work was no communication as to when we all need it meeting was always copy emails to everyone in the building but it was never told about the meetings was super lack of training. I was told i would get all the help that never happen never had help on prices and locking deals on time from the purchasing team
It was a wonderful place to call home
Night Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORSeptember 24, 2018
It was a great place to call co-worker family. Everyone thier comes together to makes sure the job gets done. I wish i would never left them. And manament is great
Pros
family vaules
Cons
sometimes over worked
great place
Supervisor/ lead (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 28, 2018
Support the DC operations by manning the day to day operations in our various departments.Manage the workflow, in and out of department.Develop and ma
Pros
🙂 food
Cons
😎 not enough food
Great
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 20, 2018
I work for this company off and on since i turned 18, this is a great place to work if you like money and hour... I moved up so quick in this place it was a great time for me, loved it and would deff go back if I lived in seattle still.
No stress fast pace
Picker (Current Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORAugust 9, 2018
No stress its fast pace so the days over before you know it. Management is kind helpful an not afraid to get there hamds dirty get out on the floor an help out
Pros
Nice relaxing place to work
Cons
Pay an very slow low raises
Stressful but fun and positive place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 31, 2018
Great company, great owners, great leaders. Great customers, comfortable work environment. If you need a 9-5, this is not the job for you. you're always on call.
Nice
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 27, 2018
Charlie's Produce was a nice place to work some people spread gossip and nonsense. It's in the industrial district so there isn't much to do on your lunch hour.
Productive job for self motivated
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJuly 15, 2018
Been working at Charlie’s for over 2 years now. Need to be independent and self motivated. Pay is above national average if you bring the experience. Hours can be long up to 12, but you get 3 days off and work is steady year round. Overall good company with average benefit package. Profit sharing and vacation is available after a year. Managers can be a bit overworked to respond to issues but I feel they honestly try to address any concerns. Must be willing to adapt to everyday work related issues such as loads being tipped or misloaded. Customer service is a must as every account will want things done differently so be flexible.
Pros
Good pay, good job security, good management
Cons
Long hours, early starts, subject to extreme weather
the job
mantanace (Former Employee) –  9411 king streetJune 26, 2018
hardest part of the job .was having to do my job responsibility's and the duties of a totally different job for the same pay . and the lack to grow within the company
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
no room to grow within the company
Quick work
Palette Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORApril 27, 2018
Must be willing to do hard work Lots and lots of hard work with long hours. plus weird people who just want off night work lots and lots of night work
chancy place to work..
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAApril 26, 2018
Take a chance it might suit you. Most leave in the first week.Secrataries very helpful with benefit questions. Supervisors easy to deal with.Overall a chancy place to work. BEWARE....
Pros
cold enviroment
horrible and unbelievable
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 22, 2018
the day was startled whenever I arrived in the building and the supervisor and lead was lazy and rude. I would start at 6pm and supposed to end at 2:30 but that would never happen
Great management, great people awesome culture
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 5, 2018
Hated ro leave but had to relocate back to nevada. I ran doublea betweem Medford and Portland and back, easy run they call shuttling. Nothing bad to say at all equipment was good, people were grea, management were all great people and work with you in everything. i would go back in heartbeat.
Cons
Great people to work with
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 30, 2018
I got laid off today fue to transition of 2 companies combining but would love to go back after 3 months. I love this job and un das that this has happened.
Pros
Understamding family people
Cons
They take a hour automatically for lunch everyday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlie's Produce. Our community is ready to answer.