Charlotte Russe, Inc Employee Reviews

Found 2,265 reviews matching the search See all 2,268 reviews
Strong management
Sales Associate, assist customers (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTNovember 19, 2018
While working for Charlotte Russe, I was able to work under a strong group of managers. These women were great when it came to training staff and they knew how to make a enjoyable work environment.
Great enviroment
Chula Vista - Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CANovember 17, 2018
Charlotte Russe is a really fun place to work at. Management at my location was awesome. Although the hours were less then part time it was a great environment.
Fun, flexible, & comfortable workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2018
A typical day working here is pretty structured, you walk in & a supervisor/manager will greet you & catch you up on any daily goals, sales & other things going on in the store for the day, they then tell you where your spot is for the shift. The shift is structured & there are frequent updates throughout the shift
Pros
Comfortable & open workplace environment, fun!!!
Cons
Short shifts, short breaks
Negative personal experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 15, 2018
I was a seasonal associate so i felt out of place at the store. The girls didn’t even try to be nice. The managers didn’t have the patience to show how to accomplish tasks and would get rude when there was a simple mistake done. I repeated to manager about my school schedule approaching so I’d need my work schedule to accommodate it and when school began my work schedule was not adjusted, I told the manager and got fired for a no show. I believe it was just my personal experience at a particular store and I’m sure other stores are better.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CANovember 13, 2018
it was a seasonal position i worked during the holidays during black Friday which was pretty hectic and a different experience for me. i performed customer service, worked the cash register, help customers in the fitting room.
great management, fun environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 13, 2018
Typically fast paced.
Fun environment.
Not much room for advancement.
Most enjoyable part of the job would be the employees and interacting with customers
It's a good part time
Closer Key-Holder / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 12, 2018
Good holiday part time job. If you are looking for a good part time, then I would suggest applying. Especially for these next few holidays. It is a part time but they are generous with their hours.
A Good Retail Job
Sales Representative/Acting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 9, 2018
This was a fun, fast-paced, energetic place when I first started. The staff was fun, the work was fun, and the customers. Our discounts were AMAZING! (Seriously, there's no better discount for their employees than CR). It was when staffing changed was when it became more about favorites than actually doing the job right. Staffing was decreasing and a lot of change was happening. It took a second manager to inform the new manager that I was more than qualified for a higher position. My title and responsibilities changed but my pay was still the same and my hours were being cut so low to the point where I wasn't scheduled to work a whole week.
That manager is gone though, and the manager now, I believe has brought back the energetic vibe that I experienced when I first joined the team. Definitely a great retail job to have.
Pros
DISCOUNTS! Fun and Fast Paced.
Good retail store
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 8, 2018
Opened a new store in my city, and never got paid 2 checks. Which were for my training and for the period that we worked while opening and setting up the store.
ehhhh
El Cajon - Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CANovember 7, 2018
it was a seasonal job, so it was crazy but it was mostly about who could up sell more and if they did they got a bonus, it was kind of easy but then you lost out after everyone returned stuff after the hokidays,
Amazing coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSNovember 6, 2018
Working here was an amazing experience. Extremely helpful coworkers. Rewards for being a reliable worker. Worker discounts. Holiday discounts. Great way to learn about the sales industry.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Great Coworkers Stressful work environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buford, GANovember 6, 2018
The coworkers are great people, everyone is super nice. However working and doing tasks provided can be very challenging and difficult to achieve. Also, they make it known how easily replaceable you are so there is not much room for mistake.
retail associate
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ontario Mills, CANovember 5, 2018
This job was very flexible with hours and learning. I learned in a good oace and the employees were very friendly and willing to teach new things to the employees.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXNovember 5, 2018
It was an amazing first job, with a fun and relaxed work environment. But corporate called my location "the armpit of Charlotte Russe" and they never pushed sales, but only our conversion rate, which was twisted and flawed.
Pros
Relaxed environment, fun to work
Cons
Conversion goals
Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2018
Only worked there for a couple months I enjoyed it. All you do is put out clothes and handle customer. Making sure the store is organized by the end of your shift.
Great place to meet amazing people!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MANovember 2, 2018
Organizing clothes
Operating the cash register
Taking out the trash
I have learned many new ways of dealing with customers and people who steel
My new manager is amazing she does her very best to make sure to make sure all her employees and customers are happy.
Prouductive and very friendly environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 1, 2018
Very prouductive people! They push and strive everyday to reach the sales requirements. Not only did they care about sales they took good care of the coustumers.
Not the best experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLOctober 31, 2018
Started out good but only went downhill. Managers have cliques, managers also show favoritism towards specific associates. Wouldn’t say it’s terrible, just know it could be better.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Favoritism
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSOctober 30, 2018
Great business . Very few improvements needed. The environment is lovely . The merchandise is priced with reasonable amounts. A better makeup line is needed.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Not enough hours and below minimum wage pay
Fast Pace
CO- Manager, Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDOctober 29, 2018
Although Charlotte Russe was very fast pace, i was not properly trained to handle to everyday situations. I tried to make the best of my employment but it got to the point where i had to go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlotte Russe, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight