Charlotte Russe, Inc Employee Reviews

No good
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLJuly 10, 2018
It was awful. There was no room for advancement. No pay raises. Since I was new, everyone else thought they could run over me and leave me on my own in the front of the store with a storeful of customers.
Great for a first job or part-time job during school
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJuly 9, 2018
Firstly if you want a job with a lot of hours or at least 20hrs per week then this is NOT it. sometimes i only get 3hrs a week its RIDICULOUS. but as a first job it's great because you will probably only work 12 hrs a week and you still have time for school and other activities. workers are very nice and very helpful when you are new. customers are usually nice with the occasional difficult and annoying people. I have a great manager but idk about every location. hardest part of the job is when it's busy which is usually the weekends and especially during the holidays. i would highly recommend as a first job or a side job. plus you get a 40% discount!!! employees are always shopping because we get such an amazing discount.
Pros
40% discount and pretty easy job
Cons
Horrible hours, too many workers
GREAT place , full of new cultures and different foods
Sales associates (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 9, 2018
great discounts & cool easy , laid back stand alot . get a 40 % discounts . sometimes it can be slow and you cant just seat you have to stand 90% of youre time there
Pros
40% discount in store
Cons
short hours
Work Family
(NC) - Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 8, 2018
Working at Charlotte Russe is one of the best things to happen during my journey through adulthood. I love the people I'm working with, and the things I do in general while I'm there.

The only thing I'm not much a fan of is the lack of hours/pay for all the things we have to tolerate (more people use our fittings rooms as a bathroom than you think). I blame the higher-ups for this though, and not my personal supervisors.

Other than that, this is a wonderful place to work! It feels like I have a second family with how close we all are with each other.
Pros
Great Coworkers, Easy Tasks
Cons
Average Pay, Below Average Hours
Fast pace great work environment
Partner (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 8, 2018
I was expected to assist lady' s with their shopping experience and up sale. Was considered for management in the short period of time that I worked here.
Pros
Worked with consumers I'm a people person.
Cons
no benefits
My first retail job ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJuly 8, 2018
I was a senior in high school when I got this job. I enjoyed working there beause I enjoyed clothes and I also realized what I wanted to go to school for at this time so I give a huge credit to CR for this. I would help with CS and fitting room assignments along with store organization and window displays.
Pros
great about giving breaks
Cons
management fell apart towards the end.
Fun environment
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2018
Ability to purchase clothing at a very discounted rate. Fun environment with clothes and fashion in the forefront. Retail industry is tough to work in.
Unprofessional
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJuly 3, 2018
Lack of professionalism. Employees are competitive. Schedule arrangements were unorganized. Everyone bring their personal business to work. And they have no benefits
great discounts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 2, 2018
Working for this company was great! i had awesome working hours and i was always happy to help the customers. They were very flexible with my schedule when i was pregnant.
Depressed me
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJune 29, 2018
My managers are nice but are not on the same page. We are not allowed to turn off the music before the last customer leaves but my supervisor has done that before. One manager says override the price one says don’t. Only one person working cash register even on super busy days. I can’t wait to quit honestly. Retail just sucks because there are a lot of b*tches shopping there and think I run the company somehow.
Pros
40% employee discount. I got the most hours out of other part timers despite being a newly hired
Cons
Shortish shifts. Retail just sucks. Terrible pay for how much work you do alone
Upbeat but not a job to advance in
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2018
I loved the atmoshpere of this job but its not something long term or well paying . It has mediocre pay and irregular hours . I would reccomend to a high school student or someone just trying to make okay money on the side.
Pros
Great managment, fun workspace, easy tasks
Cons
Terrible hours and pay
Okay Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2018
Charlotte Russe would be great for someone who doesn't have any work experience and is able to work part-time. However, if looking for a career related job or something long-term, I wouldn't advise this job position.
Pros
discount on clothing, relaxed environment
Cons
pay rate, part-time
I enjoyed this job
shift manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 28, 2018
I advanced quickly and was trained on anything I was willing to learn. Great management and fast paced. I enjoyed environment and coworkers. Great place to work in retail.
Pros
Great company
Cons
big turn over rate
Nice place to get extra hours for extra money
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJune 28, 2018
Working here as an associate you do not get as many benefits as supervisors if the store does well even though it is a team effort. Also the store’s employee appreciation is more catered to smaller sizes women. There are plus stores (but not many) but if you do not work at one and there’s is a 50% off employee appreciation weekend you are out of luck since the 50% off code can’t be used online. Also you have a better chance getting promoted if you are the managers friend as opposed to your work ethic.
Pros
Occasional 50% off weekend and regular 40% off full prices items all year around
Cons
Minimal advancement
Nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  AZJune 27, 2018
This was my first job It`s a really good job for the summer. Or your first job like me. Loved working in the mall and working with the people. The travel to work was not bad at all either.
Pros
worked in doors
Cons
holiday shoppers
Fun, great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MN 56301June 27, 2018
At Charlotte russe they pride themselves on giving friendly service. They are a great place to work at the employees are amazing and friendly to work with. They encourage you to do the best you can and allow you to be yourself and show your sense of fashion.
Competitive
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 25, 2018
The area was a typical day at work, very busy Crowded and small
Very productive
Competitive
Work friendly
I enjoyed greeting customers and working in the fitting room
Pros
Great prices
Cons
Work area is crowded
Great atmosphere and energetic workers
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 25, 2018
Charlotte Russe was a perfect, part-time job for a high school or college student. The hours are only 3-4 hours for a regular associate, but the job itself is not too hard.
Pros
great 40% discount
Cons
short hours
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 20, 2018
Productive space to work in. Very fast paced. Even more fast paced when there are holidays. Have to make sure the store is always clean and that it stays looking nice.
Great retail experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHJune 20, 2018
Charlotte Russe is a great experience in retail. Friendly work environment with goal driven incentives. Very fast paced and always busy. Encouraged to engage with the customers and capitalize on the retail experience.
Pros
Friendly work environment.
Cons
Inconsistent hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlotte Russe, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.3Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight