Charlotte Russe, Inc Employee Reviews

Found 2,325 reviews matching the search See all 2,328 reviews
Perfect first job
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 18, 2019
Job is nice, just try to sell give good customer service and don't be lazy and you are going to have a great experience. Work has a 40% employee discount and once every 2-3 months you get 50%. And for Holiday you always get something (a free dress, or a free item of your choice, etc.) Once you are supervisor if you meet the month goal you get a little $50 certificate to spend at the store. I love the job.
Pros
good work/life balance, great culture
Cons
no pto
Relaxed environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 18, 2019
This job is ideal for high school and college students who want to make a little side money. I would not encourage anybody who has major bills to work here.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
low pay
Awesome retail job but opportunity for advancement is hard to come across
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 17, 2019
As with any retail job the experience is primarily based on the specific location. This location was awesome and had a lot of awesome employees. It is fast paced and can get overwhelming. This store, however, had a lot of sales associates making it really difficult to have the opportunity to advance to a management position, it is also made it very difficult to get a substantial amount of hours.
Fun, fast-paced workplace
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Created a welcoming atmosphere for customers. Used proactive communication to effectively meet the needs of customers. Cashier experience. Interacted with hundreds of customers on a slow day, less than one hundred on a fast day. Made over a thousand in sales on a fast day, less than a thousand on a slow day. Maintenance of store: cleaning, display, inventory, and sales
Horrible
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLJanuary 17, 2019
I do not recommend working here whatsoever. The people who work here are not good people. The managers do not do their job. They treat working unfairly and play favorites.
Pros
N/a
Store Asst Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 16, 2019
Great place to work...loved the team I worked with and the whole moral of the store...Also loved the 40% discount. The only thing I would have to say is there is a lack of training for new managers.
Pretty laid back job
Supervising Manager (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 16, 2019
Typically spend the day helping customers. Will occasionally go into computer and work with the programs for references. Has it's ups and it's downs. Overall, wonderful job!
Can be a good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 15, 2019
If you love retail then this is a good place for you to work. It can be hard at times when you have difficult customers but so does every job. And also staffing. If you have an outgoing personality then go for it, or wanting to expand your personality go for it.
Pros
can be flexible, discounts
Cons
stressful
typical day
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 14, 2019
CR is an okay company if your in college and need some extra money. The enivorment is easy going and chill. The best part is the dicount. I would say the least enjoyiable part is the pay.
Pros
40 perecent dicount
Cons
low pay, not much travel, trainaing is not the best
Very fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 14, 2019
A typical day at work would to to check people out, clean/organize the store and get people into fitting rooms. I learned a lot about pricing, styling, and sales floor flow. The manager is amazing, she is always working hard and extremely friendly. she is always looking for ways to reward workers for hard work and inspires others to push for the best. The staff is pretty nice, they have a tendency to lack teamwork and drive but they manage to get the job done. The hardest part about working there would be the hours, they are very limited to the amount of hours they can give. The most enjoyable part about work there was everyone is so friendly and supportive.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
little to no breaks, Low pay, Few hours
poor workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 10, 2019
treated the employees terrible and never did anything to improve the treatment that was reported to higher management . it was hard to maintain staff because it was awful
Fast paced, very busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 10, 2019
I loved working at Charlotte Russe for the seasonal position. It taught me how to work well under pressure and gets things done quickly. This is a very good job for a high school or college student.
Fun place to work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJJanuary 10, 2019
This place is very easy and very simple very fun place to work for. 40% off of all merchandise. Clothes good quality and good for the price. You also get discounts in the foodcourt and other stores.
Fast paced with ALOT to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Didn't have enough of a budget to have as many employees per hour as we needed. Manager hired too many people with too little hours so I was working as low as 4 or 8 hours a week.
Its pretty slow paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 9, 2019
I actually liked working here but I didn't stay long because I had to move back home in such a haste. But everyone there were awesome and very supportive.
not the greatest place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 9, 2019
not the greatest place, don’t work well with your schedule, never looks at time off book, they care more about getting emails than all the theft that goes on
Pros
Cons
a lot
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 7, 2019
As long as you show up to your shifts and don't "No call No show" you will be fine. It is a fast paced environment, customer driven and team/family oriented. I loved my time at charlotte and progressed up the chain of management fairly quickly. There is ample opportunity to move up if you work hard and take responsibility for your actions and try to please the customer.
productive and fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 7, 2019
I did enjoy working at charlotte russe, very fast paced and always had something to do, management was great. the hardest part of my job was when a new team member would work and she didnt know where to put things and she would just put it anywhere which made my job more difficult because i would have to go through the whole store and make sure everything was where it needed to be. but overall the people i worked with were great
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
amazing work place
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2019
Charlotte was an amazing place to work .the atmosphere was like a work family. there was room for growth and expectations was very clear .i loved the discount and recognition for good work.Charlotte taught me so much.
Pros
atmosphere, willingness to assist
Cons
not full time unless store manager or assistant manager
It was a good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 6, 2019
This was my first ever retail job I worked and it was quite the experience. Some of the assistant mangers were rude and very harsh when it came to the learning curb of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlotte Russe, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight