Charlotte Russe, Inc Employee Reviews

Found 2,202 reviews matching the search See all 2,205 reviews
poor scheduling
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXSeptember 18, 2018
i had not been schedule one week so i had made plans to go out of town that week and an hour to the time i was heading out they called me and demanded i come in saying i was on the schedule when i was not, because a girl called out sick and need someone to close so i told them i could not come in then they proceeded to threaten my job if i didn't so i quit that second.
Charolette russe
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2018
It’s a good job , and I would continue to work there , but it doesn’t pay enough to provide for myself and my family , cut hours , but over all it’s a good sales experience for me .
Pros
Meeting new people, sales experience
Cons
Cut hours
Trash
Supervisor, Charlotte Russe (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 17, 2018
Just drama and no professional motive. They took breaks properly but for the most part if here is personal disagreement between a sales associate and manager the manager does the associate so dirty.
Don't do it!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 17, 2018
I've been working here for almost a year. A lot of people come and go. The pay is terrible you get paid bi weekly. A lot of empty promises. Disorganized. The only plus is that you get a 40% discount on regular priced items and that you can make friends there.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 17, 2018
It is a good first job to have. You learn how to be patient and organized. It is fun once you have know everything. it also helps you get out of your comfort zone if you are shy.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lloyd centralSeptember 17, 2018
Great place to work , the staff is amazing! Especially the manager. It’s a good job for someone who is just getting started on building up experience , I do recommend the job ! If you work here you’ll absolutely love it because everyone is so nice and friendly!
Good for college students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 16, 2018
Some days were good, some were bad. Customer service skills improved, management could be better, great employee discount, good/bad employees/workers (really depends on the worker), place was pretty clean, easy job and easy to adapt, unfair pay due to favoritism
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
No health benefits, favoritism, pays could be better
Energetic
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WISeptember 16, 2018
Hardest part of the job is the late hours and weekends that are required. If you like to help pick out outfits for customers and really listen to them its a great place to be. 40% off discount is really the perk for the employees and 50% off certain weekends for employee appreciation. The company likes to promote from within and there is a lot as just a sales associate can use on a resume. Its a great part time job for moms and people who are looking for a second job that is fun and where they can use their discount for great clothing and accessories.
Pros
different schedule each week, work in fashion
Cons
weekends, starting pay for associates
Productive fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 16, 2018
Good music. Keeps you busy, always working and helping out customers, there’s always something to work on or sale. The people you work with are fun and helpful.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Rude Managers like to OVERWORK their employees
Retail Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYSeptember 16, 2018
Working at Charlotte Russe seems like a valid option for any girl over the age of 16, but it's really not worth it. The store I worked in was disgusting, cramped, it stunk, the clothes had to regularly be damaged out, and if you worked seasonal closing like I did... good luck getting home before 2am. Girls working there had to beg for hours, and if the 'shift' manager didn't particularly favor you... good luck with getting approval for a taking someones shift, time off, or more than 10 hours a week. They were constantly scheduling me to work during my school hours (which quite honestly is a form of sabotage). If anyone dared to complain about the hours they were getting, said shift manager would just assume that you don't like working. I've gotten harassed by male customers and forced to take my only break an hour into my shift instead of a manager having security escort him out. I've worked over 6 hours without meal breaks. I've stood on my feet until 3am closing when we were supposed to leave at 10:30pm. I've gone for hours without using the bathroom because I was working in fitting and they were understaffed. In all honesty, working here isn't worth your dignity, time, or mental health. All of this mistreatment will never be acceptable or worth the cheap clothes or perfume you get 'discounted' as an employee.
Cons
unstable income, hours on your feet, barely any meal breaks
Fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 15, 2018
Very high volume business with a ton of merchandise. There was never a dull moment. The pace was very fast and the main focus was the customers and providing them with excellent service.
Somewhat of a fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 14, 2018
You come in, get your walkie talkie and get to work. If you have a mid day or a later shift then you are told what department to go to and who was in that department before, who is coming after you or who is working side by side with you. You are told what time you should take and then you begin. Management was okay, the workplace culture was okay too. The hardest part of this job, i would probably say, maybe the shoe section. I enjoyed my 40% employee discount.
Pros
40% employee discount
Cons
little to no hours
Fun/ competitive
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CASeptember 14, 2018
this was a fun/ competitive environment.
Managing a group of people was so challenging and fun.
everything was about selling and service.
We had high expectations!
A happy team of well-rounded people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 13, 2018
Nobody does one specific hing. People moved around based on the need of the company and his made for a comfortable amount of change and flexibility for the workers
Working for Charlotte Russe
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Fun and exciting you won’t be disappointed. Working the cashier was lots of fun and easy. I learned to be a more friendly person towards others and customers just a overall great experience.
Pros
40% all merchandise
Cons
Short breaks
Perfect job for someone of my age!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 11, 2018
I love my job at Charlotte Russe, because the employees there are so relaxed and kind! I've worked there the past couple months and don't plan on leaving anytime soon.
Fun, physical, team player environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Downey CaSeptember 10, 2018
Charlotte Russe was always a learning experience. The team at Charlotte Russe was given a goal every day to which we all hoped strongly to meet. It was your responsibility as an employee to become a friend to the consumer when they walk in. This guaranteed a trust, and further understanding into what our customer wanted. The store had to present itself in a clean cut manor, with an up to date store layout which was performed often within the team members. I typically had opening shift which was important because it was my responsibility to open the store at it's best, with as many sales as I could to start off a good successful day. The most difficult part of the job was seeing a customer walk out unsatisfied and no sale within that person. I most enjoyed giving satisfaction to a customer with support of finding something they genuinely felt comfortable and self positive in. It was a great experience to get me out of my comfort zone and to push myself.
Pros
meet new people every day, great team, creative opportunities.
Cons
no benefits, difficult people, unreachable sales goals at times.
Fun and easy
Sales Associate / Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 9, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of assisting customers. Management was friendly and fair. Workplace culture was some what diverse. The hardest part of the job was the late hours during store remodel. The most enjoyable part was working with girls my age.
Charlotte Russe
Inventory Control/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 7, 2018
The work was fast paced for the most part, but there were times when employees had to clean the warehouse due to not having any work to do. The environment was not the greatest, people were rude and not very helpful to new employees.
Pros
discounts
Cons
bad work environment
Dont Work for CR
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHSeptember 6, 2018
The discount is nice but your environment will be negative. There is no room for growth and your hard work is not seen. Management makes up their own rules and policies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlotte Russe, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight