Charlotte Russe, Inc

United States2,967 reviews

Found 2,967 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,969 reviews
charlottediscountclothestorefashionoutfitretailshoe

I enjoyed my time

I enjoyed my time at Charlotte Russe. I hate that the company is closing down. I organized promotions by categories, assisted customers with outfit ideas, and checked out their order at the cash wrap.

Fun and good place to work

I worked there for 6 month. it's pretty fun and team was great . Great place for girls who go to school and want to earn extra money after school.You def can balance work and free time

Charlotte Russe, Inc insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun job for part time

Typical retail job, focused on sales, cares about the safety of retail workers more than loss and prevention, good for those looking for a side job during school

Good

Good company flexible hours, great area. Good discount and inside look on new trends of clothes coming out. Wish you could get paid more though, minimum wage

Fun and easy job

Perks: if you love clothes then you’re could do this job. Styling people, mannequins, doing floors sets and shop discountsCons: not great pay, only part time (but perfect for students)

Great team, fun work environment

I worked at Charlotte for years and worked up to my position. Eventually it closed and when it reopened I already was hired at a new company, but I learned a lot during my time there.

Great company

Enjoyed working there! My management and coworkers were great! The clientele was fun to be around. It didn’t feel like work when I was there. Only quit because I moved states.

Fun can be hectic in holidays

Loved it here. Favorite store. It can get pretty stressful during holidays and meeting goals for the month. Hardest part was getting the lines short during peak holidays. Overall I loved it there

Fun and challenging

I started working when the store was rather new, so things definitely could’ve changed I’ve left. The atmosphere was fun and always created new challenges to take on. The compensation could be better for associates. Other than that the customers were lovely, the coworkers were friendly, and there were definitely plenty of opportunities to grow within the company.

Opportunity to learn visuals

Never got trained properly on cashier at first had to teach myself.managers are overall really bad and filled with a bunch of people who are stuck in highschool.

Pros

Room to grow, nice breaks

Cons

Terrible management

Love it

Amazing, would definitely recommend working for this company. Great benefits super great pay and amazing staff. The area had a lot of traffic so we were always busy

Not enough hours scheduled to work.

Didn’t get enough hours to work but co workers were nice to work with. Typical sales associate type of duties. Shoe inventory, folding clothes, opening dressing rooms.

Great people, company sucks.

Management and the employees they hire are great. The company itself does not care about their employees. They barely give employees hours but expect the store managers to always be hiring. We were also expected to clock out but still continue to work.

Not worth it

They over work you. Show favoritetism. If they don't like you they will find a way to get rid of you. They don't appreciate you know matter how many hours you work or how hard you work. You'll constantly be blamed for something even if you weren't there. If your a manager expect them to leave everything to you with no help. Worst most toxic company I've ever worked for. Don't do it

Fun retail experience!

Great work environment but definitely depends on your team and management. Really enjoyed working here and feel I was fairly compensated based on the work.

Productive and easy workplace.

Pretty easy job. Putting up clothes on the racks, getting sizes of shoes the customer needs, and having good customer service. I got promoted to assistant manager pretty quickly just by the way I dressed nicely, talked professionally to the customers and my team, and was quick and fast with the cashier.

Okay place to work

It was okay to work at especially if your into fashion! The employees were nice and friendly! But it’s a underpaid job for all the work we have to do.

Easy job

This is a easy retail job. The only down fall is the location. Alot of theft in the area. Other than that it is a easy sales associate job. Good discount

Easy promotions

Because they pay 30% less for their management roles than every other mall retailer their turnover rate is astronomical. Worked for the company for three years and wasn't able to take a vacation due to staffing. But they also don't pay you out for it. So basically you had to quit to get a vacation. They also will hand literally anyone keys to their stores. Their management team is on a bonus structure, but if you quit before your bonus is payed out, even if you do work your two weeks they won't give you the bonus you earned from the previous month. They put bodies in positions that don't need to be in them,Which results in poor management, poor customer service and over all loss for the company. The best thing I ever did was leave this circus.

Pros

You need no experience to be a manager

Cons

They literally do not value you as an employee or human being

Typical retail

My experience is with the old Charlotte Russe - back when the company went out of business, only to reopen a week later under new ownership. I liked my job, started as an associate and worked my way up. Can't say what it's like now under the new company, but like any typical retail job, depends on location and management.

no complaints

i have no complaints because it was chill and pretty easy job. management was laid back and other than a rush there wasn’t much to do. also the easiest place to close

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlotte Russe, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Charlotte Russe, Inc.
Powered byComparably

Compare Charlotte Russe, Inc with

Charlotte Russe, Inc reviews by popular job title

• Charlotte Russe, Inc
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?