Charlotte Russe, Inc Employee Reviews

Found 2,532 reviews matching the search See all 2,534 reviews
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 24, 2019
Great first job, wish it didn’t close would’ve loved to continue working there also great way to interact with customers and meet amazing people family friendly
Good First Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYJune 24, 2019
Working at Charlotte Russe was a good first experience for retail and it let me learn a lot. I learned about the basics of customer service and got out of the job what I put into it.
place to grow and learn quickly
Part- Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJJune 24, 2019
i caught onto everything very quickly. with the right management team it makes work a second home and fun to be at. the amount of work and hours i put in while a full time college student, was because i loved what i did, but eventually it got old not getting anything in return and i felt unappreciated. .
Cons
no commission, low pay, environment/ demographic drove me out the job.
Charlotte Russe is now closed
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 24, 2019
I enjoyed working at Charlotte Russe but unfortunately the company has closed down all of its Retail Stores and will no longer provide jobs in Retail Management. I would not recommend anyone to look into a job here only because of this reason.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Atmosphere
Cons
Training, Permanently Closed, Job Security
Laid back and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 22, 2019
I loved working at this job but it didn’t pay enough and I was only getting 2 are 3 days I can work so hard and still only get 2 are 3 days I had to find something better!
Work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Staten islandJune 20, 2019
Met amazing co workers
Disappointed when the store close.
Was never able to use my sick time as the manager disregarded it when I asked. I had 43 hours of time.
Productive and a fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 19, 2019
A typical day there was busy in servicing customers and keeping the store clean and neat. I learned time management, people skills, and teamwork. The best part of the job were the people I worked with, some of which became my really good friends.
needs improvement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJune 18, 2019
It all starts with the Management team. I personally didn't like how the store was being controlled by the Store Manager. She brought a lot of her personal life in the store atmosphere and her attitude was horrible. Us supervisors did a lot of the work for her and held the store down.
i liked it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 18, 2019
I liked working at charlotte russe but I do wish we got paid more. better hourly wages would have been nice. I loved having the discount on the items in the store though.
Fun and productive workplace with few hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 17, 2019
Charlotte is a chill work place the traffic usually picks up closer to the weekend. You have to keep busy and be productive at all times and update staff on tasks and work goals with walkie talkies. Management keeps us on task and is encouraging throughout the day. The hardest part is trying to upscale to customers that are new to the store and meeting sales goals on slow traffic days. The best park is helping customers create outfits and making sure they leave happy and the 40% discount for employees.
Nope
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 16, 2019
The discounts are not worth it. I had to wear there clothes which make sense but as a seasonal associate it was not worth it. All my paycheck went towards clothes for work.
Fun
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 15, 2019
It was fun and fast paced. I was able to enjoy dressing the mannequins and setting up the store based on color and style. I enjoyed working with a variety of cultured associates both men and woman.
The work experience was great and every worker was very welcoming with great service
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 11, 2019
Great working experience. Workers made sure that customers where satisfied and that they had what they needed. Everyone was welcoming and also greeted customers with well manners.
one of my favorite jobs ever
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 10, 2019
i absolutely loved working at charlotte russe, being in retail is one of my strong suits!! i enjoy being around people and definitely clothes as well.
Pros
discounts and friendly staff
Cons
not enough hours and no flexibility
No bueno
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJune 10, 2019
Was never appreciated for the hard work I put in. Not sure if it was the store or just upper management. Can be very stressful but a little patience goes a long way.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Pay
Fun work place bad management
TEAM SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 10, 2019
This was my first retail job. Out of my group interview i was the one that stayed the longest. Some management is terrible. Rate of pay is not worth the work load.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
Short breaks & bad management
Fun, fast-paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILJune 10, 2019
You're usually kept in the same area of the store for most of the duration of the shift. Some of the responsibilities included greeting the customers, assisting customers in the shoe area and fitting rooms, ringing them up at the register, and maintaining cleanliness in the store.
Wouldn't work there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 10, 2019
Good thing they closed down because the pay and management was awful. Associates should make more money because realistically they do all of the work.
Staff
Charlotte Russe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 9, 2019
my coworkers were awesome, every single one of them and it made me love my job so much more the few months I was there. I learned most of my retail skills at this job.
My CR experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 7, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Charlotte Russe. It was, personally, one of my favorite clothing stores; so when I applied and got the job, I was very ecstatic to begin working, especially since it was my first job. While some days were rocky, it was never anything I wasn't prepared for, whether it was from CR training or just experiences from everyday life. I've learned many things in just 5-6 work hours 3-5 days a week. The work atmosphere was always positive and uplifting and while we were coworkers, we were family; always helping one another with any task. I've made some good friends during my time working at CR. Overall, CR gave me a great work experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlotte Russe, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Charlotte Russe, Inc.

Powered by Comparably