Charlotte Russe, Inc Employee Reviews

Found 2,523 reviews matching the search See all 2,525 reviews
Fun and productive workplace with few hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 17, 2019
Charlotte is a chill work place the traffic usually picks up closer to the weekend. You have to keep busy and be productive at all times and update staff on tasks and work goals with walkie talkies. Management keeps us on task and is encouraging throughout the day. The hardest part is trying to upscale to customers that are new to the store and meeting sales goals on slow traffic days. The best park is helping customers create outfits and making sure they leave happy and the 40% discount for employees.
Nope
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 16, 2019
The discounts are not worth it. I had to wear there clothes which make sense but as a seasonal associate it was not worth it. All my paycheck went towards clothes for work.
Fun
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 15, 2019
It was fun and fast paced. I was able to enjoy dressing the mannequins and setting up the store based on color and style. I enjoyed working with a variety of cultured associates both men and woman.
The work experience was great and every worker was very welcoming with great service
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 11, 2019
Great working experience. Workers made sure that customers where satisfied and that they had what they needed. Everyone was welcoming and also greeted customers with well manners.
one of my favorite jobs ever
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 10, 2019
i absolutely loved working at charlotte russe, being in retail is one of my strong suits!! i enjoy being around people and definitely clothes as well.
Pros
discounts and friendly staff
Cons
not enough hours and no flexibility
No bueno
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJune 10, 2019
Was never appreciated for the hard work I put in. Not sure if it was the store or just upper management. Can be very stressful but a little patience goes a long way.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Pay
Fun work place bad management
TEAM SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 10, 2019
This was my first retail job. Out of my group interview i was the one that stayed the longest. Some management is terrible. Rate of pay is not worth the work load.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
Short breaks & bad management
Fun, fast-paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILJune 10, 2019
You're usually kept in the same area of the store for most of the duration of the shift. Some of the responsibilities included greeting the customers, assisting customers in the shoe area and fitting rooms, ringing them up at the register, and maintaining cleanliness in the store.
Wouldn't work there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 10, 2019
Good thing they closed down because the pay and management was awful. Associates should make more money because realistically they do all of the work.
Staff
Charlotte Russe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 9, 2019
my coworkers were awesome, every single one of them and it made me love my job so much more the few months I was there. I learned most of my retail skills at this job.
My CR experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 7, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Charlotte Russe. It was, personally, one of my favorite clothing stores; so when I applied and got the job, I was very ecstatic to begin working, especially since it was my first job. While some days were rocky, it was never anything I wasn't prepared for, whether it was from CR training or just experiences from everyday life. I've learned many things in just 5-6 work hours 3-5 days a week. The work atmosphere was always positive and uplifting and while we were coworkers, we were family; always helping one another with any task. I've made some good friends during my time working at CR. Overall, CR gave me a great work experience.
I loved it
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 6, 2019
I loved working there. My favorite apart of the job was my co workers and the customers. Seeing them happy, made me happy. I moved up pretty fast in the company which was good. The only down side was I didn't get a lot of hours which is why I chose to leave. If I would've been able to work full time, I would more than likely still have been with the company.
Pros
Good employee discount
Cons
No benefits
Retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 6, 2019
I did not work with the company well enough to determine any of these questions. Although the time I did spend with this company I felt a lot of pressure from my district manager on to my managers.
It was okay.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 5, 2019
The work environment was the best part about the job. Compensation was the worst, hours were all over the place, but we were able to take off-time as long as we filled out what days we would be gone on the online portal.
Pros
Fun work environment, got along with coworkers
Cons
short hours, no breaks, inadequate pay
Horrible
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 5, 2019
Management talk to you as if you are trash. Over work employees, worst break system in life, they don’t pay enough. Disrespectful manger that talks to coworkers behind your back
fun and professional
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 5, 2019
i loved the environment
typically the sales associates did all the work which I feel gave us lots of responibilty, that is a good thing. the manager was always very professional and caring.
Basic
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJune 3, 2019
It's an easy job, entry level retail starting point.
A lot of freedom to learn and grow.
Start the day with a pep talk and goals for the day, stay busy and clean, always help the customers.
sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJune 3, 2019
It was like any sales assiociate place typically busy day not something worth staying at to work at forever because theres rarely benefits to it also the pay is okay
Charlotte Russe
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 1, 2019
Charlotte russe provided me with great work experience but the company became messy and uncaring to all the people who lost their jobs so suddenly. I loved my co-workers, but I would not work there again. For the most part days ran smoothly or slow, during sales and holidays people loved to come in and give the store rushes. Everyone worked together efficiently and quickly to satisfy every customers needs to the best of their abilities. Shifts and hours were always limited so the store was never enough to help someone get the hours they need for day to day living.
fun place to work, good for starting in the work force
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 26, 2019
I worked here when I was 17. I loved this job. It's a great choice for people just starting in the work force and for those that favor retail jobs. great management and work flow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlotte Russe, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Charlotte Russe, Inc.

Powered by Comparably