Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

Fun team members and customers
Charmer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 21, 2018
Working with other employees and the customers is fun! very few hours, cool for students with no bills. management is poor, always upset and never in a good mood. favoritism is at a high. overall work environment is cool.
Pros
discounts
Cons
poor hours, management
I would definitely work here again
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJOctober 15, 2018
It’s the best job I’ve had. I never had anything to complain about. Whenever I had a question or needed help the manger was very helpful, patient and understanding.
Decent company to work for
Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 14, 2018
A typical day includes you being customer focused at all times to drive up company sales. I learned that working the retail industry you have to be patient, because customers can be really snarky. Management was decent. The hardest part of the job was dealing with shipment, and having to open the merchandise and having to push it out on the floor by a certain deadline. The most enjoyable part of the job was having an employee discount.
Charming Charlie Is An Outstanding Job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 11, 2018
Because the management was so nice and so sweet and patient with customers and employees there were health care dental 401k plan benefits and paid maternity leave for a pregnant woman like I was ,
Good
Slow
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 9, 2018
The company was good to work for part-time; however, there is rarely promotions for employees. Also, the company's system was easy but was inefficient.
Pros
flexible hours
Ok place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAOctober 7, 2018
When i started working there I was told I was going to have set days and hours to work which it end up being a lie because they started switching my hours and days whenever they felt like it
its a great place to build skills
Sales Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 6, 2018
not too bad of a job but the corporate side of the company has some issues but for a sales associate job it's really great for building skills and getting a great resume started.
Pros
hours and scheduling
Cons
pay
Meh.
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 4, 2018
I like the people I work with. But...

It's boring. So, so boring. If there are no customers in the store you are left walking around like a fish out of water. I don't like having nothing to do, and I don't like when the task is easy enough for a 5 year old to do. It's a good job for a 16 year old kid whose parent's are making them work.

Then there's the hours. I live half an hour away from the store, but they are giving me 2 4 hour shifts a week, and I'm "on call" for one day. That paycheck is just not worth the commute at all! Not to mention the assistant manager sits on her rear end, bossing us around, getting paid the most yet doing nothing!
Cons
Boring, Ridiculous Hours
It was a fun job for a while
Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2018
For a typical day at work, I would show up 30 minuted before opening to do the morning paperwork, then I would open the store, help customers, process shipment, recover the floor, etc. I was promoted from my entry level position to a manager after 6 months. I loved the people that I directly worked with, but the new DM made it miserable.
Pros
Creative environment and cool coworkers
Cons
The district manager was a dictator
Loose and easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 25, 2018
The job is very boring and requires little to no mental use. It is a job for a 16 year old or a young kid entering the work place for the first time. I've been scheduled for 3 hours for the whole work day to just stand outside and hand out coupons. Nothing else.
Pros
Mall discounts for being employed there
Cons
Constant detangling of necklaces
Fun place to work
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 24, 2018
This was my first job out of high school going into college. It was pretty relaxed, associates art pressured to do much for what they are getting paid and the managers at the time were pretty great. I highly recommend this place if you just need a simple part time job.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay
Charming Charlie
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLSeptember 24, 2018
I only worked at Charming Charlie for a month, they would give me 4-8 hours a week. They wanted me to be on call two days a week but I lived 20 minutes away so it was difficult.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Not enough hours, no where to advance in the company.
Okay place to work
Part Time Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 19, 2018
Worked there for about 3 1/2 years, rotated store managers at least every 8 months. lots of stress from the change in command so often but was okay to work at for being young.
Productive, colorful company with many chances to advance and learn
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company over the 2 years I worked there. The employees, district managers, and regional managers were focused on coaching, redirecting, and pushing employees to their full potential. I learned a lot about management, team culture, and training while at this company. I highly recommend this job to anyone who is interested.
Pros
Work environment and training
boring but fun
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 18, 2018
working here can get very boring if you arent a creative person; you have to create new tasks for yourself or else youll be staring at the ground for 6 hours. co workers and management made it amazing however; great work environment.
Enjoy working with diversity of People learn alot
Sales Associate/Stylist Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJSeptember 17, 2018
Fun company to work for especially if You loves fashion, accessories & people. Also having Smiling face peoples are surely to shop an make purchases for things they liked.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Part time no health benefits or raises
Flexible
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 13, 2018
manager was willing to work with changing schedule. not good pay, so don't expect a lot. good for a full time student or someone looking for a little extra money during there free time.
one of the worst jobs i have had ( bankrupt now )
Style Specialist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410September 11, 2018
I was lied to at this job, worked to my absolute best and was never good enough, did work while managers and keyholders were off slacking, paid almost nothing, minimum wage. Was told the store was not going bankrupt by MANAGER and ended up never fired or put on the schedule anymore. I saw the store going empty before my eyes. Terrible management. I've heard other stories about the store manager that she was biased, played favoritism, and simply unfair.
Pros
fun while it lasted
Cons
poor management
Fun place to work
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2018
A very fun place to work, culture is laid back but professional. Pay could be higher, sometimes work past office closing but overall fun everyone is friendly.
Pros
Free lunch, great culture
Cons
pay, hours
Charming
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 20, 2018
Charming Charlie’s was a great company to work for.. now I feel like the company is going down hill. It was very easy to get promoted. Pay could have been way better.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Doesn’t pay well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charming Charlie. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight