Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

Sometimes a Good environment to work in
STYLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LADecember 8, 2018
Working here is a good experience,however, things just began to change with new management. Hours given began to get very slim, and when more were asked for you could not obtain any.
Productive and fun workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2018
Charming Charlie was a fun environment to work in. Coming to work before the store could open, only to open up new merchandise for the store and fix up the store to look amazing before the customers could walk in. I learned to be prompt as I worked with Charming Charlie. Management had its ups and downs. Some managers were amazing and then some were difficult to work with. The workplace culture was impeccable. I believe it was the staff that made it possible. Working together and helping one another through tough times and having fun with one another made coming to work easy. The hardest part of the job was working hard during a floor-set to get the store fixed and up to par, trying to make the deadline. Meeting new people and fixing up the store was the highlight of my day.
Charming Charlie
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Viera, FLDecember 2, 2018
I love working there. The store manager is great. She worked with my school and familiy schedule. Every one is friendly and nice. It is truely a team effort
Boring, don't work here.
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 1, 2018
There weren't really any customers on most days, and managers would make you pressure the few customers that walked in, to buy something. It'd be so annoying to just stand around and walking around the store doing nothing while it was slow-paced. Also, the pay absolutely sucks, it's minimum wage! They also cut off your hours A LOT. The most hours you'll get in a week is 5.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
everything else
easy job but not realistic
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Covington, LANovember 30, 2018
super fun environment and amazing new store manager. the store and stock room are very organized and clean. they work with your availability and requested time offs.
however, only the store manager and assistant store manager are full time position. so everyone else is part time, you only get 4 hour shifts, no more then 20hrs/week. no breaks and the pay is terrible. a good job for a student with little to no financial responsibilities.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no breaks, terrible pay, short shifts
Absolutely loved working there!!! Great people
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 27, 2018
Great place to work great people. Sadly the company went bankrupt . Other than that I just wish I would have been able to advance. I wanted more hours also. Not enough pay for the work if a 0art time employee
Pros
Great people
Cons
Bankrupt
Do not waste your time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 20, 2018
Coming from other retail experience and being very well versed this company treated me like a joke. I do not get to make any decisions in regards to my day , business , freight ( which is my actual job to oversee). The manager is condescending and will only communicate with you through emails. The stock room is unsafe with the exit blocked 24/7 because they would rather walk around the store for eight hours instead of get freight out even when their are no customers. Employees can not put their belongings in lockers or get the supplies they need because of the freight. If you have previous retail experience do not waste your time with this company as they don’t value it at all at any level.
Cons
Pay, management, company focus
nice to start with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJNovember 20, 2018
For the most part the company mission is amazing. unfortunately you have to work your butt off for minimum wage with a barely flexible schedule even if you have the experience. We kept hiring new people and none of them would stick so youre left to pick up the slack. You MIGHT get a bonus as an associate but its not likely. only the assistant manager and general manager get full time.
Cons
short breaks, management
Charming Charles was a fun company to work for.
Charming Charlie Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 12, 2018
Charming Charlie helped teach me how to be patient when it came to meeting the needs of every customer that walked through the door. We were a team when it came to finding the perfect accessories for our customers.
productive and fun workplace
Vendeuse en magasin (Sale Associate) (Former Employee) –  houmaNovember 12, 2018
Un endroit chaleureux ou j'ai beaucoup appris !
J'ai eu la chance de faire une formation de quelques jours avant de commencer le travail.
L'équipe était très agréable et accueillante.
Pros
Horaires flexibles
Cons
mauvaise organisation
Good environment, easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 12, 2018
The only thing to be criticized about this job was the low payment, the rest was amazing. It provides a fun environment. All you need is to talk to the customers about the offers and keep the store clean.
Love working here
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GANovember 11, 2018
This is definitely one of my favorite places to work. So much positivity it was surreal for me from coming from such a negative place like Pottery Barn. The DM, GM and even the VP are so nice and love seeing all of their teams grow!The only down fall is the pay isn't as great as some other companies around the store
Pros
flexible, great management, team oriented, discounts
Cons
not competitive with pay
Great for College students
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2018
Flexible hours to manage school or a second job. Not a big staff of employess. Work shifts go by pretty fast. The hardest part of the job was handling the tedious jewlery. A typical day at Charming Charlie os really organization and maintaining.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Store went Bankrupt
Very unprofessional.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WANovember 6, 2018
I worked here for some time and the management was unprofessional. The team I worked with was competitive and rude and I wasn't treated fairy. The rate of pay wasn't good enough.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Everything about the store except the discounts
Fun and great workers
Style Specialist to Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 6, 2018
It was a great experience. Fun environment with great employees. Very low when it comes to customers coming in. Had all ethnics. No discrimination when it comes to age, experience, and backgrounds.
Pros
fun, not to much to handle, nice customers
Cons
pay
Shopping
Employee & key holder (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXOctober 27, 2018
I loved working here during college. I was basically shopping while helping other ladies buy the items I liked. At times it was stressful, depending on the season and the hours but it was also relaxed.
Pros
discounts.
Fun team members and customers
Charmer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 21, 2018
Working with other employees and the customers is fun! very few hours, cool for students with no bills. management is poor, always upset and never in a good mood. favoritism is at a high. overall work environment is cool.
Pros
discounts
Cons
poor hours, management
I would definitely work here again
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJOctober 15, 2018
It’s the best job I’ve had. I never had anything to complain about. Whenever I had a question or needed help the manger was very helpful, patient and understanding.
Decent company to work for
Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 14, 2018
A typical day includes you being customer focused at all times to drive up company sales. I learned that working the retail industry you have to be patient, because customers can be really snarky. Management was decent. The hardest part of the job was dealing with shipment, and having to open the merchandise and having to push it out on the floor by a certain deadline. The most enjoyable part of the job was having an employee discount.
Charming Charlie Is An Outstanding Job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 11, 2018
Because the management was so nice and so sweet and patient with customers and employees there were health care dental 401k plan benefits and paid maternity leave for a pregnant woman like I was ,
Good
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charming Charlie. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight