Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

Toxic and Hostile Work Environment
Assistant Merchant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2019
One word: RUN! Employee turnover is horrible across all teams but especially within the merchant teams. Company is super unorganized. Training is a joke, which is part of the reason so many people struggle in their positions. The CEO is only hiring her friends who constantly suck up to her. There is no accountability for anything. This company is a sinking ship, don't hop on it.
Great, until it's not
Sales Associate/Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UT 84025March 20, 2019
Good at the beginning, but the stress and unrealistic expectations start to get to you after a while. Fun people to work with, besides all the gossip.
It's good, if you like typical retail and/or love accessories, but bad if you are expecting advancement opportunities or benefits, or even just want a job people will respect you in.

Overall, I'm glad I moved on to other things.
Pros
fun people, stylish stuff, semi-flexible hours, get to work with new jewelry and get discounts occasionally
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, judgmental atmosphere, unrealistic goals and expectations, pressure from management, lack of communication from management, gossip
Was a fun job helping customers
Part Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALMarch 12, 2019
Not a lot to say, enjoyed working with people and loved my employees. It was a very meticulous store. Things needed to be in correct places to make sense.
Cons
Didn't get the breaks we should have needed.
Pretty good company to work for
Part Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAMarch 12, 2019
I mean, it's retail which is in and of itself a monster, but the company is compensating, helpful, and fun if your management team puts in the work. Obviously management can make or break a store but if you get a good team behind you, it can be a nice retail job to work (apart from the dress code which feels rather old fashioned in this modern era of retail stores)
Cons
dress code
Fast Pace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Papillion, NEMarch 12, 2019
Great retail store. Very fast pace environment and great co workers. Meet new people everyday. Very friendly supervisors. Long hours standing and on the feet.
Productive place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2019
At Charming Charlie's you are able to move up in the company. The most enjoyable part is making women feel beautiful and building their self-confidence.
Its Ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMarch 3, 2019
Management not so good
Hardest part put the colors together exactly like the manager wants
There are good and bad days
Learned how to put tables and clothes together
Pros
15 minute breaks sometimes
Cons
hours get cut and some of the managers are shady
Amazing
STYLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Sunset Valley, TXFebruary 27, 2019
Fun work environment....i loved my co workers! Super flexible schedule.very understanding managers and great opportunitys to move around in different positions! Plus you get to learn how to peirce ears!!!!
Sales Associate
SALES ASSOCAITE (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 26, 2019
Cashier and monitored the sales floor. Management changed over a few time before my seasonal work was over. The job wasn't hard had fun learning retail. The people were nice to work with.
It' was seasonal
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 25, 2019
The time I was there I learn alot bout woman fashion what woman like as n heels dress jewelry etc I love the staff the customers was always great the store was always beautiful n we have to keep it n color coded I had a great working experience here
Management needs enhancement
Stock (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2019
Management training is needed to enhance employee work experience. Employee training would also be great. The management team had different supervisors on a month to month basis. There was not any stability.
Pros
Time management
Cons
N/a
Low stress job
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 20, 2019
I helped customers pick out jewelry and other items based on what they were looking for. I also cleaned and checked people out at the cash register. It was a fun job.
Fashion Retailer
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 20, 2019
A fun place to work with an emphasis on great customer service in a fast paced environment. A lot of training allows for teaching the next generation of retail employees on store standards and expectations while building their retail experience
Pros
Fabulous clothes with great employee discount
Cons
Company is in a period of flux due to current retail environment
Ok
marketing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2019
OK place to work. Culture is not great. Dressing is casual. Work day ends at 3 pm on Fridays. But we work until 6 every other day of the week. Building is old. Benefits are few.
Charming Charlie is a fun part time for someone who needs extra money.
Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85085February 15, 2019
As for the Phoenix location this is the best ran and most comfortable place to work. Everybody wants to work and cares about each other. All-in-all I would recommend this job to others, especially in phoenix.
Pros
Cleanliness, caring, welcoming
Cons
heavy lifting, long hours on feet
This job really sucked.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAFebruary 13, 2019
Hated working here honestly. Idk if management has improved or not but when i worked there I hated coming in due to the managers. I can’t even remember their names but there were 3, one of the their names was tori.
Pros
Nothing really.
Cons
Everything.
Poor Management & Low Pay
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 7, 2019
I worked at the Charming Charlie in Columbia, Missouri for about four months. At first it started off as a fun place to work. Staff members were fun to work with. The problems started when the manager would hire people she was friends with as other managers then they wouldn't know what they were doing so I'd have to explain to them how to do THEIR job. I was left running the store by myself on multiple occasions while they sat in the back just talking and when I brought this up, my hours would be cut drastically. I was told I would be getting 20-25 hours a week but really only worked 4-12. Other problems emerged as the manager would start throwing shade at other employees in the group chat . The reason I left in particular is because one day I was scheduled for an on call shift. On call in any other company means that if your job needs you, they will call you and say so. I did not get a call, text or email saying that I was needed so I did not go in. I guess at this job in particular, you are supposed to call in two hours in advance to see if you were needed however, this was never explained to me. So once again, the manager throws shade in the group chat and I professionally checked her saying basically you could have contacted me personally saying I was needed instead of waiting until the shift started to say something. I also mentioned I don't like being shaded in the group chat because this was the second time I was subliminally targeted. The next day I was scheduled, I called to see if I was still needed and they hung up on me. The workplace was so terrible because of only  more... management. Many girls were there one day then gone the next because of how unorganized and unprofessional the workplace was. I would not recommend THIS particular location.  less
Pros
40% Discount
Cons
Low pay, unprofessional
Overall fun workplace
Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAFebruary 3, 2019
The team is overall friendly and fun. The hardest part of the job is definitely handling customer attitudes but most customers are very friendly and respectful.
Great experience, great people, great environment, great everything.
Sales Associate, Cashier, and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 1, 2019
Loved organizing the store, looking nice and neat. Loved working there, got along with everyone very nicely. They liked me for my vibes, how I came off as a person, how honest and organized I am.
Fun place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 29, 2019
Stores are not very busy. Easy work, with basic customer service needs. Hard to move up in management with so few managers in each store. Upper management can be set in their ways.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charming Charlie. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight