Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

Fun.
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTJanuary 22, 2018
Working at Charming Charlie is great if you are glamour girl! You get to dress up and accessorize. i recommend it as a starter job for a retailer. The only issue was that there weren't any opportunities to advance my retail career and the pay was not good. But the best experience about working for Charming Charlie is the many styles and tips I was able to help with. That including customers and the visual set up for Charming Charlie.
Charming Charlie Corporate was an overall positive place
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 22, 2018
While job security wasn't there given the state of the company, I got to do some of my best work while at CC. Every day was different and the team was extremely collaborative. We were always encouraged to share our ideas and often times, our ideas were listened to and executed. I truly enjoyed working here.
Pros
Collaborative, creative freedom
Cons
No perks
Never work at this f-ing place
Style specialist (Former Employee) –  Olympia WashingtonJanuary 20, 2018
CC went bankrupt & gave us BARELY ONE MONTH notice that we were closing. Corporate/higher ups were about as useful as dog s*** during closing process.
great products, great location. Not very trustworthy
Style Specialist/Operations lead (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX and ConroeJanuary 19, 2018
I enjoyed both locations. Did everything that was asked of me. Cashier, collected quests email info, posted Instagram promotions, sold promotional items, helped on sales floor to reach hourly/weekly/monthly goals. Worked shipment out, floor sets, markdowns, inventory.
opened and closed the store. handled large amounts of cash and credit card transactions.
Pros
help customers make complete outfits. out of the box thinking for style
Cons
Not trustworthy
Charming Charlie review
Part Time Manager/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 19, 2018
I enjoy working here. The main negative I have here is it is nearly impossible to have a social life working here. Requesting days off, even weeks in advance, is a toss up, you never know if you are actually going to be off that day. Besides that I enjoy working here.
Business is going Bankrupt
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Deptford, NJJanuary 19, 2018
Poor Company Decisions. No where to move up to in the Company. Fun atmosphere. Managers carry the weight of the whole team. The reward system is great idea and most of the merchandise is reasonably priced.
What a mess
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 17, 2018
This company is spiralling downward quickly. I left after my DM told me that it was up to me to fix the sales problem in my store while I was out on a medical leave of absence and legally unable to work. They have no policies in place, they have no idea what they are doing and they treat their staff horribly.
Pros
Good discount if you like the cheap stuff they sell
Cons
Store managers required to work over 40 hours a week, verbal abuse from dms and rms. Company is closing.
Productive work space
Stylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2018
Co workers were upbeat and encouraging, non commission sales environment was a down side. Management was understanding and promoted happy workspace. Overall a nice place to work
Fun, yet okay.
Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 16, 2018
It's usually a fun time working with customers when I come in. I enjoy trying to help people as we go along, but at the same time, it gets too slow sometimes.
Fun but a lot of pressure
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  CoronaJanuary 15, 2018
A lot of pressure to put on a facade and create a certain atmosphere for shopping which a lot of customers didnt like. All the girls I worked with were great so work was fun and ejoyable.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Boring at times
Fun and chic place to work
Sales Associate| Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 14, 2018
Seasonal flow but very fun and vibrant place to work. Charming Charlie teaches you how to read physical and nonverbal ques on customers allowing you to best solve their needs.
Pros
Great customer base
Cons
Seasonal
Fun and easy
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 13, 2018
It's retail and it's not that busy. On a typical day you will talk to customers, do go backs, clean the store and check customers out on a point of sale system
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Not many hours
Busy but fun atmosphere
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2018
This is a very fun place to work. The people love to celebrate everything and have team activities. You can learn a lot from your fellow co-worker. It is always a growing atmosphere.
Pros
Warm working atmosphere
Cons
Long work days
Easy Going place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bee Caves, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Great place to work. Can be slow and a bit boring some days but overall a positive place to be. I would recommend this to people interested in a slow paced environment.
Not all it was cracked up to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 12, 2018
Management was constantly changing. Higher ups Were out of reach when help was needed. Store was left unattended. Charmers were not treated as human beings. More so like work horses
A face paced friendly enviorment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I absoulty love working here , the employees as well as the customers were very friendly , it was just a nice and warm place to be , i enjoyed coming to work , it became like coming to work to work with my family , i would still be there if they didint close the store down
It was stressful
Charmer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 11, 2018
At the time the management was decent, but the head manager wasn't up to par. They would always be in the back "working on emails" or some other excuse and the Charmers would be left in the store to work ;on tasks which is fine I could handle it but it got old after awhile of not having help. I shouldn't have to radio for back up in my opinion they should finish their backroom tasks then come back out and help organize the rest of the store along with us. It would take an employee working alone about 2 hours to fix a table but if there was actually help then maybe 30mins. It was a really "I'm not doing it because she didn't do either" kind of place. Also, the pay was only $8 and they couldn't give you raises even if you were working your butt off, making and exceeding sales, and constantly with came into work with a positive attitude even though you hated going into work because you knew you were gonna have to do everything they wouldn't.
horrible management
style specialist (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Management was horrible. I had to quit because I felt like if I couldn't advance within the store. Management was not able to put personal feelings aside. One of the assistant managers did not like me for no reason and since she was good friends with the manager they cut my hours more. I would never go back to work in that store.
Working at Charming Charlie
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Bristow, VAJanuary 9, 2018
I would not recommend working with Charming Charlie. I had the experience of working there for about 4 years, and I can not sit here and tell someone there. I was paid unfairly, and given more responsibility but paid unfairly to those who did much less work. Also, management is horrific.
GENERAL STORE MANAGER, SENIOR ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Always on the go. Customer focused. I learned how quickly you can evolve with the company. The company is always changing on a daily basis. Customers above all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charming Charlie. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight