Charter College Employee Reviews

Company was struggling
Student Success Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 1, 2018
Had a great manager and amazing campus President. Company started downsizing locations because of no business. Struggling to stay afloat in California.
Good work experience
IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 28, 2018
Provided IT support services to Campus staff and to students. For being part-time work, there was enough work to keep you busy and get school work done.
Pros
The staff is easy to work with and the equipment is easy to support.
Cons
Micro-management
Progressive teaching technology
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WAJune 12, 2018
Multiple options in conveying instruction
Had to learn most of software on my own
Some essay assignments for students required
more hours of correction.
Pros
many assignments corrected and posted automatically
Cons
essay corrections without guide
Great Place to Work
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 23, 2018
I have been working at Charter in Anchorage for over 4 years now, and I don't see myself going anywhere else! The environment is great, very supportive, and current management does a great job of listening and responding to needs.
Charter College
Career Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAMay 14, 2018
Charter College has offered plenty of options for me to move within the company. They enjoy helping current employees succeed in life and education. They believe in building their team up and helping them become better at their job instead of letting them go and hiring someone else.
Charter College under compensates their Teachers.
Certified Instructor-Dental Assisting (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 10, 2018
Other vocational schools pay their instructors better. I was hired as a day instructor and they switched my hours to nights. Very difficult as a parent to work nights. I enjoyed my students though.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 14, 2018
Watching our new students from the first day of class to the last day when they say, "Thank you, I couldn't have done this without you" really makes a lasting impression on the instructors.

Also, seeing these same students studying for the national exam and passing it come into our office with a look of excitement and a sense of accomplishment knowing they have just fulfilled dream of becoming a Certified Medical Assistant.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Pay and support for their instructors
bad communication between management and dept.
Career Services Officer (Former Employee) –  WAApril 9, 2018
variety of work fast paced
very little training
working with dedicated students is fulfilling
management unfamiliar with work of the people they supervise
Pros
fast pace
Cons
extremely high employee turnover
Unorthodox College
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 7, 2018
Great place to start working in the IT field. People are friendly and create a work environment better than most. Would recommend to those starting out a college career.
Poor overall review
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 5, 2018
It was extremely fun in the beginning, then different management took over and then it all fell apart not only as a employee but as a student as well.

Want to know more about Charter College?

Ask a question
only part time
Adjunct instructor (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAMarch 5, 2018
Really enjoyed the students and working with direct manager. Could get pretty political at times with student advisors wanting to micromanage classroom teaching
Teaching is rewarding work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAFebruary 23, 2018
I enjoyed working with the students and helping them to succeed in their chosen career. It was rewarding for me to see when they were successful in the lab or classroom and could apply the things that they learned to their future job. I always see my past students in clinics and it is so great to see them enjoying their work and happy about their career.
Pros
It was nice to work with the students in the classroom setting
Cons
Constantly working outside of assigned teaching hours to grade, respond to students homework or questions
Review
Teacher Assistant/Substitute (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Charter College learning how to teach college courses under a mentor. The experience was a great learning experience for myself and the students whom were in the classes.
Library Assistant Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 11, 2018
the staff are welcoming and are willing to help with what ever you need. managers are friendly and willing to work with you. they are willing to let you do homework as along as you are a student.
Team oriented
Registrar Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 3, 2018
Although my experience was temporary I was made to feel welcome and as a part of the team. It made my work experience much better.
The training was efficient and the staff was approachable and helpful.
Workplace Culture
ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CADecember 21, 2017
Great place to work! Loved the entire staff! From the support staff to the instructors. Every day was great! Some days were harder than others as far as production, but over all the atmosphere is great. A lot of team building and bonding events. Grew a lot being with this company.
Excellent company
Campus President (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 6, 2017
Was an excellent company to work for for many years until government regulations caused the industry to downsize and opportunities to change. I started when the company was small and was an active part of the growth and success. The company is much smaller now and instead of running big campuses with lots of students on campus, the education delivery has evolved to an online format. The company has evolved with the changes in the industry to remain competitive and successful but in the process the job opportunities for staff were severely reduced.
Pros
got to be part of the growth and success of a progressive company
Cons
changes in the industry caused the company to downsize and lots of people lost their jobs
Great people
Instructor Full Time Medical Assistant Program (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 14, 2017
The staff is and students are wonderful, but the benefits are not what they need to be for the compensation provided. The medical insurance is horrible. Dental and Vision are acceptable, but could be better. Salary v. workload is not equal
Non-productive and not work-life focused.
Lead Instructor Medical Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAOctober 4, 2017
The experience started out impressive and challenging. Upper management changed and were not open to faculty input. Revisions to relevant books became more difficult.
Pros
Four day work week
Cons
Poor management and outdated material
Cut throat
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 26, 2017
If you don’t make numbers, you don’t stay. Company and management lacks caring about turnover rates and will hire and fire all day. Favoritism runs thick within company.
Pros
Income
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charter College. Our community is ready to answer.