Charter College Employee Reviews

Fun and relaxed environment to work at
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAApril 8, 2019
Charter College has helped me grow my skill set in order to thrive in admissions and in a business minded role, management really wants to see you succeed.
Horrible place to work
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMarch 27, 2019
First of all, it says, "We're intolerant of whiners" in this company's leadership principles. I think anyone of average intelligence and above can recognize this as a red flag. With that said, my experience at this company was awful. It's a straight up aggressive sales job, even though management claims it isn't. The sales goals are unrealistic so everyone is constantly on edge. We'd call 150+ people a day. The mass majority of them didn't answer so it was very difficult to make your quota. The only way to do it is to take what's called a shotgun call. (It's where you take a call from an incoming student) We got a few of these throughout the day. These particular calls were usually answered by a small group of people who happened to be the fastest. In other words, it was one big race. I asked my boss if we could change this and take turns with the shotgun calls but she refused. If you didn't reach your goals, management belittled you. Also, it seems obvious that this company is on its last limb. I saw multiple layoffs when I was there so there is clearly no job security. My mental health was in shambles right before I quit. My anxiety went through the roof because of the stress I felt. In sum, stay as far away from this job as possible.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Very stressful
Fun but slow
Campus Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 23, 2019
The job is fun but very slow sometimes.
There is poor communication between departments and a lot of turn over.
The pay is very decent and the benefits are ok but the medical company is a joke.
Pros
Pay, hours
Cons
Communication
Do Not Work Here
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 8, 2019
The turnover in the company is EXTREMELY high! The campus I work at has had 95% of its employees fired within the last year. In the last 6 months, about 10 people have left the company from this campus as well. It is like walking an eggshells at this place! You never know who is going to get fired next. I’ve had 3 different managers since I started working here because they keep getting fired. If you don’t meet their expectations, you’re gone. Very poor work environment/office morale.
Pros
Enjoyable Co-workers While They Last
Cons
Excessive and Consistent Employee Turnover
Incredibly toxic environment with little job security
Campus Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAMarch 7, 2019
Sales are placed before employees and students, full stop. Employees are constantly threatened with termination, which leads to a poor work environment.
Prouctive and engaging
Adjunct Accounting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CADecember 18, 2018
A typical day consisted of presenting an open dialogue with students upon the daily lesson based upon their comprehension of the subject matter.

The staff are friendly and helpful in every way.

The hardest part of teaching is challenging the student to rise above their short-comings and excuses.

The most enjoyable fun that I had, was helping a student with limited education achieved a passing grade when the outlook was bleak.
Pros
Class size
Cons
Students was not able purchase PC with tution
Charter College is great...except
Campus Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAOctober 24, 2018
The Yakima location is great but the hours are mixed 8-5 or 11-8, this is non negotiable. There is a certain amount of customer service required like going to school college fairs.
Management Sucks
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTOctober 3, 2018
Was told not to worry about taking time off to care for family members, and was then fired for missing work. (3 days in 3 months) Management was pushy and lacked empathy.
Great Company
Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTAugust 20, 2018
Good pay, good benefits. Hours are no the best since you have to work late at night sometimes. If you don't mind a call center environment then this a good place to make decent money.
No structure, constant change, performance does not give appreciated nor does it provide security
ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAAugust 20, 2018
Not a good place to work due to poor management, no structure, no job security regardless of how well you are performing, micro managed at every level
Part time faculty
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AK 99654August 2, 2018
Created lesson plans, instructed medical assisting and healthcare information classes to a diverse group of adult students. Loved the interaction with students. But position was always based on enrollment no stability
Company was struggling
Student Success Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 1, 2018
Had a great manager and amazing campus President. Company started downsizing locations because of no business. Struggling to stay afloat in California.
Good work experience
IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 28, 2018
Provided IT support services to Campus staff and to students. For being part-time work, there was enough work to keep you busy and get school work done.
Pros
The staff is easy to work with and the equipment is easy to support.
Cons
Micro-management
Progressive teaching technology
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WAJune 12, 2018
Multiple options in conveying instruction
Had to learn most of software on my own
Some essay assignments for students required
more hours of correction.
Pros
many assignments corrected and posted automatically
Cons
essay corrections without guide
Great Place to Work
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 23, 2018
I have been working at Charter in Anchorage for over 4 years now, and I don't see myself going anywhere else! The environment is great, very supportive, and current management does a great job of listening and responding to needs.
Charter College
Career Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAMay 14, 2018
Charter College has offered plenty of options for me to move within the company. They enjoy helping current employees succeed in life and education. They believe in building their team up and helping them become better at their job instead of letting them go and hiring someone else.
Charter College under compensates their Teachers.
Certified Instructor-Dental Assisting (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 10, 2018
Other vocational schools pay their instructors better. I was hired as a day instructor and they switched my hours to nights. Very difficult as a parent to work nights. I enjoyed my students though.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 14, 2018
Watching our new students from the first day of class to the last day when they say, "Thank you, I couldn't have done this without you" really makes a lasting impression on the instructors.

Also, seeing these same students studying for the national exam and passing it come into our office with a look of excitement and a sense of accomplishment knowing they have just fulfilled dream of becoming a Certified Medical Assistant.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Pay and support for their instructors
bad communication between management and dept.
Career Services Officer (Former Employee) –  WAApril 9, 2018
variety of work fast paced
very little training
working with dedicated students is fulfilling
management unfamiliar with work of the people they supervise
Pros
fast pace
Cons
extremely high employee turnover
Unorthodox College
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 7, 2018
Great place to start working in the IT field. People are friendly and create a work environment better than most. Would recommend to those starting out a college career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charter College. Our community is ready to answer.