Charter College Employee Reviews

Great Company
Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTAugust 20, 2018
Good pay, good benefits. Hours are no the best since you have to work late at night sometimes. If you don't mind a call center environment then this a good place to make decent money.
Management Sucks
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTOctober 3, 2018
Was told not to worry about taking time off to care for family members, and was then fired for missing work. (3 days in 3 months) Management was pushy and lacked empathy.
No structure, constant change, performance does not give appreciated nor does it provide security
ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAAugust 20, 2018
Not a good place to work due to poor management, no structure, no job security regardless of how well you are performing, micro managed at every level
Charter College is great...except
Campus Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAOctober 24, 2018
The Yakima location is great but the hours are mixed 8-5 or 11-8, this is non negotiable. There is a certain amount of customer service required like going to school college fairs.
Once a great place to grow a career and help others, now an unstable work place where people are in fear of losing their jobs.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 12, 2015
Most individuals at the Oxnard location are dedicated professionals with a strong work ethic focused on helping students succeed. Corporate changes have altered a once thriving company culture and fun workplace. Very little communication between corporate decision makers and the actual employees on the ground. Several rounds of terminations in the past year have created an atmosphere of instability and fear. There is very little to no career growth potential. Employees up for annual raises are fearful of taking the pay increase as it will put them under a microscope and make them first on the chopping block.
Fast paced environment, challenging work, lots of intergrity and changing people's lives
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WASeptember 20, 2012
I don't like to be bored and there is no opportunity for that at Charter College. The campuses are full of students that are there to get their education fast and get to work, the staff is there to help the students achieve their goals.
I learn something new everyday and know it is up to me to work well in a team enviroment. There is always someone there to help me when I don't know what to do, and I love the people that I work with. I especially appreciate seeing the results at graduation when students get to start the next step in their lives. If you are looking for a place to work hard and see the rewards of your work, Charter College is a great fit!
Pros
fast paced, lots to learn, great people to work with. good benefits.
Cons
no downtime.
Good work experience
IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 28, 2018
Provided IT support services to Campus staff and to students. For being part-time work, there was enough work to keep you busy and get school work done.
Pros
The staff is easy to work with and the equipment is easy to support.
Cons
Micro-management
Terrible
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  BellinghamAugust 8, 2012
Went to work for the company and quickly recognized that the company takes advantage of the students and employees. They shaft prospective students in to believing that Charter College is the way to go when in all actuality, they create a large amount of debt, credits that don't transfer and training for positions that will never pay enough for those students to pay off their debt. Most co-workers were good to work with however management was absolutely terrible. If you want to contribute to the continual decline in reputation of for-profit schools, shaft, typically lower income students in to a ton of debt and work for poor management, this is an excellent place for you. This school is a con and I'm happy that I removed myself from this place. I sleep better now.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
management, turnover, cons
Instructors motivated by student success - OUR bonus
Instructor, General Studies/Business (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAApril 7, 2016
It was my experience in over three years that I never saw a fellow instructor give up on a student. We were salary and quite often worked beyond 40 hours a week, approaching 50-60 hours, but for the love of our students, it was well worth it. Management agreed to implement a student study hall that was staffed with faculty assistance, something they didn't have to do - hats off! Nursing students were given so much support to do well on critical liscensure tests. Don't listen to whiners. Some students didn't have a positive experience. Never forget - you get out of a program what you put into it. Charter College you rocked it! Way to make a difference in THOUSANDS of students lives. One of the best experiences of my life.
Slowly improving, but very slowly
Network Security Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJune 24, 2015
Charter was my first foray into teaching information security. I have been an adjunct instructor there for nearly 2 years now. The classes I teach are online. This makes it nice and flexible for students and instructors alike. The pay scale is on the low end for adjuncts. This is no surprise to anyone that has been an adjunct before. There is also nothing in place for adjuncts to get raises. There is supposedly a system in work, but it is looking like it will be 5 years between the potential for a raise. This is really not an acceptable solution. most positions give raises annually based on performance and student feedback.
Pros
Flexible schedule for online teaching
Cons
Non-existent raises for adjuncts

Want to know more about Charter College?

Ask a question
Complete Transparency with Business Practives
FINANCIAL AID OFFICER/ENROLLMENT PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 11, 2016
I love working for this company. The company is growing fast and you have to be able to move at the same pace.

The salary is about average for other for profit colleges. The CEO and management believe in complete transparency with the company. They are willing to share information from shareholder meetings and the success and concerns with the company. I appreciate feeling as though I am trusted with the company and I know the standing of the company.

The people I work with are great! They encourage hiring within, and will assist in relocation if you plan to accept a position in a different state.

The medical insurance is very expensive, however the company offers great benefits such as parental leave if your spouse is having a child. They offer short term disability after 60 days and all employees are eligible for benefits after 60 days!
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Poor insurance
Given the lengthy, intense, multi-person interview process & online testing that the turn-over rate is outrageous - Admission Leadership Team
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAJuly 26, 2012
Turn-over rate in Admissions is higher than any other company I have ever worked for. Some of my co-workers were not only very bright, they were fun, informative and a pleasure to work with.

Hardest part of this job - management = "too many chiefs" and too much control by 1 person that doesn't allow for a lot of input or collective intellectual power.

Most enjoyable part was my team and some of my peers and counterparts - smart, talented and people I hope I know and maintain relationships with for a very long time.
Pros
loved my team
Cons
compensation doesn't map to the commitment necessary to perform this role properly.
Great co workers and a good place for students to earn a fast-paced college degree
Admissions Representative - Sales (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 5, 2016
Fast- paced sales environment with focus on interviewing and enrolling qualified prospective students My day consisted of calling prospective students or "leads" and following up with old leads, booking Admissions Interviews, and interviewing prospective students to identify their needs and present a solution which will allow them to further their education. As a team, we were given "individual sales goals" but we were always available to help another team member with appointments, etc. in order to achieve the total "team goal" As Admissions Representatives, we were required to meet monthly sales goals and maintain high metrics.

I enjoyed the opportunity to help students overcome obstacles and provide a plan for them to start and graduate from college.
Pros
Great co workers, knowledeable managment, good students
Cons
Health benefits are expensive, no sense of job security
This place is a joke
Enrollment Processor (Current Employee) –  AnonymousSeptember 17, 2013
When I was first hired on I was excited to begin an exciting new career. In a matter of a few short months my spirits sunk as my eyes were opened to the ugliness and desperation of this company. As soon as my counterpart trained me for a few short weeks, they laid her off because they could make me do the same job for less money they were paying her. I struggled like crazy to keep my head above the water with no positive reinforcement or encouragment. Now after a couple months of working on my own I see they have re-posted my same same position. Now my eyes are REALLY opened. They want to keep me on just long enough to train the new victim/employee (who they will pay the same low rate) and then they will let me go just before I receive the one year guarenteed raise. Please, if you are considering applying, do not waste your time and energy. They will lie to you, trap you, enslave you, and then spit you out once they have sucked you dry. They do not care about their employees or their students.
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
Horrible management. Unethical practices towards students and emloyees.
Great people
Instructor Full Time Medical Assistant Program (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 14, 2017
The staff is and students are wonderful, but the benefits are not what they need to be for the compensation provided. The medical insurance is horrible. Dental and Vision are acceptable, but could be better. Salary v. workload is not equal
Part time faculty
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AK 99654August 2, 2018
Created lesson plans, instructed medical assisting and healthcare information classes to a diverse group of adult students. Loved the interaction with students. But position was always based on enrollment no stability
An unethical and money hungry company that is not nice to employees - at all!
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 17, 2014
Don't know where to start but I would not recommend this company to anyone and I worked there for quite awhile.

They are unethical and just in the business for the money. Upper Management is a joke! One blames the the other and so on.

When I left they lied to unemployment regarding why I was terminated and this is not good business at all. I am receiving unemployment and proved that they had not been honest. Unemployment recognized it as a wrongful discharge.

The benefits are horrible as far as medical and dental. They advertise as Great Benefits but the single person deductible is 6750 and a family is 12,500! Yes, $12k! Who can afford that?

Stay away, that's all I can say. There are so many other jobs at Colleges out there and I would not recommend, in any capacity. There is a revolving door for all admissions, instructors and support staff and they are cutting people left and right.
Pros
Some of the people who used to work with me
Cons
Management, benefits, demands and unethical practices
Changing the Face of Education - Dynamic and Ever-Changing
Student Success (Current Employee) –  WAJuly 21, 2015
Charter College is amazing!

We work everyday to help those students that otherwise may not be able to obtain education.

It is a busy company with a lot of autonomy and opportunity for growth.

A typical day would be speaking directly with students that may be experience personal challenges that are creating potential roadblocks in completing their degree. My job is to help remove those obstacles and find resources and solutions for our students.

Co-works are awesome, and it is evident that we all love being able to help others.

The hardest part of this position is being unable to help those students that have decided for whatever reason that they cannot complete their degree. It's difficult to see a student that we have all supported and know personally to leave because circumstances are beyond our control.
Pros
Great Education benefits
Cons
Healthcare is expensive
Great Place to Work
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 23, 2018
I have been working at Charter in Anchorage for over 4 years now, and I don't see myself going anywhere else! The environment is great, very supportive, and current management does a great job of listening and responding to needs.
Teaching is rewarding work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAFebruary 23, 2018
I enjoyed working with the students and helping them to succeed in their chosen career. It was rewarding for me to see when they were successful in the lab or classroom and could apply the things that they learned to their future job. I always see my past students in clinics and it is so great to see them enjoying their work and happy about their career.
Pros
It was nice to work with the students in the classroom setting
Cons
Constantly working outside of assigned teaching hours to grade, respond to students homework or questions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charter College. Our community is ready to answer.