Charter College Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place to Work
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 23, 2018
I have been working at Charter in Anchorage for over 4 years now, and I don't see myself going anywhere else! The environment is great, very supportive, and current management does a great job of listening and responding to needs.
Charter College under compensates their Teachers.
Certified Instructor-Dental Assisting (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 10, 2018
Other vocational schools pay their instructors better. I was hired as a day instructor and they switched my hours to nights. Very difficult as a parent to work nights. I enjoyed my students though.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 14, 2018
Watching our new students from the first day of class to the last day when they say, "Thank you, I couldn't have done this without you" really makes a lasting impression on the instructors.

Also, seeing these same students studying for the national exam and passing it come into our office with a look of excitement and a sense of accomplishment knowing they have just fulfilled dream of becoming a Certified Medical Assistant.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Pay and support for their instructors
bad communication between management and dept.
Career Services Officer (Former Employee) –  WAApril 9, 2018
variety of work fast paced
very little training
working with dedicated students is fulfilling
management unfamiliar with work of the people they supervise
Pros
fast pace
Cons
extremely high employee turnover
Unorthodox College
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 7, 2018
Great place to start working in the IT field. People are friendly and create a work environment better than most. Would recommend to those starting out a college career.
Poor overall review
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 5, 2018
It was extremely fun in the beginning, then different management took over and then it all fell apart not only as a employee but as a student as well.
only part time
Adjunct instructor (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAMarch 5, 2018
Really enjoyed the students and working with direct manager. Could get pretty political at times with student advisors wanting to micromanage classroom teaching
Teaching is rewarding work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAFebruary 23, 2018
I enjoyed working with the students and helping them to succeed in their chosen career. It was rewarding for me to see when they were successful in the lab or classroom and could apply the things that they learned to their future job. I always see my past students in clinics and it is so great to see them enjoying their work and happy about their career.
Pros
It was nice to work with the students in the classroom setting
Cons
Constantly working outside of assigned teaching hours to grade, respond to students homework or questions
Review
Teacher Assistant/Substitute (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Charter College learning how to teach college courses under a mentor. The experience was a great learning experience for myself and the students whom were in the classes.
Library Assistant Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 11, 2018
the staff are welcoming and are willing to help with what ever you need. managers are friendly and willing to work with you. they are willing to let you do homework as along as you are a student.
Team oriented
Registrar Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 3, 2018
Although my experience was temporary I was made to feel welcome and as a part of the team. It made my work experience much better.
The training was efficient and the staff was approachable and helpful.
Workplace Culture
ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CADecember 21, 2017
Great place to work! Loved the entire staff! From the support staff to the instructors. Every day was great! Some days were harder than others as far as production, but over all the atmosphere is great. A lot of team building and bonding events. Grew a lot being with this company.
Excellent company
Campus President (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 6, 2017
Was an excellent company to work for for many years until government regulations caused the industry to downsize and opportunities to change. I started when the company was small and was an active part of the growth and success. The company is much smaller now and instead of running big campuses with lots of students on campus, the education delivery has evolved to an online format. The company has evolved with the changes in the industry to remain competitive and successful but in the process the job opportunities for staff were severely reduced.
Pros
got to be part of the growth and success of a progressive company
Cons
changes in the industry caused the company to downsize and lots of people lost their jobs
Great people
Instructor Full Time Medical Assistant Program (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 14, 2017
The staff is and students are wonderful, but the benefits are not what they need to be for the compensation provided. The medical insurance is horrible. Dental and Vision are acceptable, but could be better. Salary v. workload is not equal
Non-productive and not work-life focused.
Lead Instructor Medical Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAOctober 4, 2017
The experience started out impressive and challenging. Upper management changed and were not open to faculty input. Revisions to relevant books became more difficult.
Pros
Four day work week
Cons
Poor management and outdated material
Cut throat
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 26, 2017
If you don’t make numbers, you don’t stay. Company and management lacks caring about turnover rates and will hire and fire all day. Favoritism runs thick within company.
Pros
Income
Stay Away
Regional Dean of Education (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 21, 2017
The company was run by a gambler and now is run by a disreputable man. Education is not the goal of this school. It is only about taking money from unsuspecting students. They don't care about teaching, only the dollars that come in the door.
No review
I was a student it isnt a job (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAASeptember 6, 2017
This wasn't a job, I was a student at Charter College and that's it. Majority of my school I did through them was online. It was intense hard work, on average had roughly 120 assignments due every week.
Take your sanity and run...
Director of Financial (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 4, 2017
The culture here is one that promotes everyone to work countless hours "for the cause". What they don't say is that the cause is not the students but the executives pocketbook. There is large turnover due mostly in part to employee burn out. After years of putting the company first and family and health second, they don't hesitate to throw people out when an employee pushes back or stands up for themselves.
Best teamwork ever!
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  OnlineSeptember 1, 2017
I've only taught one mod at Charter so far but am looking to many more! My program manager went above and beyond in every instance. Everyone I encountered at Charter has been totally supportive and encouraging. I am constantly reminded, "We are a team here"; and while I've heard that rhetoric in other positions, Charter College totally backs that up! AWESOME place to work as an instructor!
Pros
Teamwork, support, encouragement, work from home
Cons
A bit more training needed for new faculty, perhaps a few hours with an experienced employee, learning the nuances of the software.