Charter Oak Unified School District Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
4.3Job Security & Advancement
Productive, education
Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 4, 2017
This job was high demanding everyday with taking care of a one on one student with special needs, while maintaining relationships with various teachers and other students. Also with the demand of a growing education system and maintaining the rules with the school district.
Pros
Being with the kids
Cons
Demands of management
Substitute teaching
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Primarlily at the hifgh schoolMay 25, 2017
I worked as a substitute teacher and found the students and faculty to be welcoming and professional. My assignments primarily lay in the art department, but included working with all four years of students. They responded well to my laid back approach to discipline and so long as I engaged them actively in my assignments, they were adaptable and eager to learn.
Excellent Community Spirit
Paraeducator (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAMay 6, 2017
There is nothing more rewarding that working in an environment where coworkers are committed to education and well being of children and families. Charter Oak Unified School District is such a community.
Pros
So many paid holidays!
Cons
I can't think of any cons.
Provided Job Security
Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJune 18, 2016
completed work orders on a daily basis. Took care of 12 school upkeep on the exterior. Occasionally substituted for janitorrial work seasonally. Upkeep of the football field. Worked with some really great people. As the years passed, less employees which was a little harder to upkeep all 12 school.
Pros
Good boss and employees
Cons
Really hot weather
I love helping people
Instructional Assistant, Special Education (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAOctober 10, 2015
Helping people and building therapeutic rapport is what I love. I am very experienced at doing this and love going to work everyday. I work with other people who, like me, love working with adolescents.
Pros
productively working with people
Cons
none known
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAMarch 9, 2015
Managing daily classroom instruction
Facilitating learning
Monitoring student behavior
Implementing teacher lesson plans
Beautiful District
Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAAugust 8, 2014
This District has been willing to teach me. I have learned a great deal of valuable information.
Pros
Welcome to students in college.
Cons
Nothing negative to say.
Team Players
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAOctober 11, 2013
Once I enter the classroom I assist the teacher with the students. The students are autistic so assistance is required to create a safe learning environment.
Pros
team collaboration
Cons
no breaks
a place to help children in need.
Child Aide (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAAugust 27, 2013
Working for Charter Oak Unified School was a pleasure. My position involved helping children who needed supplemental attention. Here i learned about developmental disorders and how reflective listening works wonders for children!
Pros
building lasting relationships, the work i did made a positive impact on the lives of the children and their families.
Cons
limited funding for job position, not full time, no benefits