Charter Schools USA Employee Reviews

Nice environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 22, 2019
They very great corporate office, they do treat you very well as employees. It was a like a family working there meeting people as well as learning the kids and helping
very Productive and Educational
Permanent Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 1, 2019
While working at CSUSA was very Productive and Educational, it was will received like a family working together for the Children. Well the children was learning very good because the the educational materials that was well receive.
Pros
better Education
Cons
Short Breaks
Worst teaching experience ever!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Florida State, FLNovember 27, 2018
School management (they're not administrators) does not backup teachers. Parents are "catered to" even when students are in the wrong. Parents are treated more like "customers". The needs of the students are secondary. Work hours run into weekends without additional pay for extra hours. Paperwork is never-ending. Student progress "Numbers" are main goal. Students are tested to death. They are assessed monthly and quarterly which leads to student burnout and test apathy. Many students in these schools are in need of assessment for learning and emotional disorders but staff is slow to act. Co-workers (teachers) are by and large very professional and pleasant. "Management" staff are all about meeting school's goals. School does not feel like a place of learning but rather a company where a teacher must make production. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
Technology is good, facilities are "new and shiney" which misleads parents.
Cons
No support with unruley students and complacent parents.
This place is a joke!
After School Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCNovember 17, 2018
I still have not received my paycheck for working at this horrible place. I started Oct 1st and left Oct 18th... It's been a month and I never got my first or last paycheck. This has been the worst experience and the worst school I have ever worked for!
Just don’t do it
Former member (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers FlNovember 12, 2018
At first very charming. Unfortunately these people are so fake. They start with a fair job description, but after signing your contract they change the rules to their convenience, and add up so much to your daily roles, it becomes a nightmare. The principal hides from parents and delegates her work to all her minions! Parents are allowed to step on administration. The school police officer hides in an office all day long while staff members almost get slapped and cursed out on a daily basis and the school principal does nothing because apparently this is part of the job. Security is a joke such as the two face principal. Run away from this place! You deserve better!
Pros
Kids
Cons
Work overload, stressful and underpaid
Do not work for this place. Stay away!!!
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 8, 2018
I’ve never seen a bunch of male babies wanting everything done for them. This is a work place NOT YOUR HOME! You would think this company has its act together. Total opposite no one has any accountability - it truly is insane
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Everything else
See review
Time management (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 8, 2018
I liked working at this company; however, my position was on temporary. I would have liked to become permanent and I enjoyed working with my coworkers, they treated as being a part of the team.
Will kill your love for teaching
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 5, 2018
If you are a passionate, effective teacher DO NOT work here! You are evaluated on your ability to micromanage, not teach. The “data” that supposedly drives instruction is excessive and honestly the data that is tracked is useless. At CSUSA it’s all about the money. They allow disrespectful, unruly kids to stay at and run the school so they can make money. There is NO structure! Also expect no help from administration. Students are empowered to act horribly because they are never any consequences for them and the person who will be blamed will be you (the teacher!). I would not recommend any teacher work here unless you cannot find a job ANYWHERE (McDonald’s included). The pay is average, the amount of work that is expected is exorbitant and you will do it all with little to no support! Expectations are unrealistic. I worked there a year and it was a miserable experience.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Everything else
educational
Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 29, 2018
Most staff very nice and did their best. Communications were poor. Supplies given are next to nothing. Building maintenance and safety ok. No help for teachers, parents suppose to volunteer but don't help in classrooms. Student to teacher ratio at highest level.
Grade levels do share doing lesson plans.
Pros
Administration consistant
Cons
no supplies and teachers have to make their own copies and buy all supplies
The worst school system I have EVER dealt with!
Aftercare Worker (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCOctober 18, 2018
After working here for 3 weeks, I quit!!! There is no way I could work another day there. Students there are so disrespectful and there is no structure! Administration is no help and just yell &basically let the kids do what they want, teachers there look so unhappy! On top of that today I find out my paperwork was never processed so I can get paid! It's been a nightmare! Mevers School is no where near excellent! I will NOT be returning! I've never been so embarrassed to work for a school in my life! I feel bad for their aftercare program! I would not recommend this job to ANYONE!
Pros
Aftercare supervisor did her best
Cons
Absolutely no support from administration and students are disrespectful
Great culture
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 5, 2018
Great people to work with and helping the children is a blessing. As a teacher the work load can be overwhelming but it comes with the territory. You must get your teaching certification.
workplace
Payroll Specialist II/Garnishment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 24, 2018
over worked under paid and appreciated. Your paid by who you know not what you know. There is no compasion for the actual employees no training tools or needed info
Pros
great co workers
Cons
management and owners need training
Never a dullmoment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLSeptember 19, 2018
I like working for a company that has passion. We all have to work to earn a living, I am fortunate enough that I get to work with people who have a vision and it isn't just a job.
Don’t work here if you respect yourself
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLSeptember 18, 2018
There are very little hours and no materials to keep students occupied. Bulk kids together because there aren’t enough counselors. It’s very stressful and you are expected to create a lesson plan although you aren’t a teacher. All they want is money and don’t refund you for district examination although they claim they will. That’s a lie and it costs about three days pay.
Pros
Kids are sweet
Like school
Intervention Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 26, 2018
This is a good company to work for depending on the school. Some locations are better then others. If administration is good school is great. Most locations staff is friendly and helps out. Think there are somethings that are overkill but over all a good company.
Pros
team building
Cons
work load
run dont walk!
teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 26, 2018
Extremely stressful workplace! Its all about the data. Grading system is bizarre.Teachers spend all their time tracking and documenting data and more data! Kids are unruly, discipline is very lax. Staff is very young. I think the majority of parents put their kids in charter schools because they were behavior problems or had academic problems in public, non-charter schools. Administration will not help you if you have a discipline problem or unruly students, you are pretty much on your own! You often put in 11-12 hour days to do everything they ask of you without being compensated for it! Don't have time to breathe ! Too many "chiefs and not enough Indians" as far as the administration staff goes. Was there about a year ago. Run, dont walk away from this school if you know what is good for you!!!!
Pros
clean
Cons
overworked, very "cliquey" staff
Excellent co-workers
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLAugust 24, 2018
Being a youth is sometimes hard because a lot of adults look at you as undersized. The workers at the charter school of excellence make me feel like I am better than some adults he has ever worked with. The Boss was a very pleasant person to be working for. Great Pay! Great deals, free objects, extended paychecks..etc..
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Lack of hours;Cant work during cool
Stay away
SEA (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 9, 2018
Underpaid and overworked sums it all up. AP is the worst such chip on her shoulder. Benefits are way expensive. Turn around is big 30 to 40 people leave every school year.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Benefits and salary is way low
Avoid
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCAugust 7, 2018
I would not recommend working here. Students are not treated like kids and are expected to preform at unreasonable levels. Leadership lacks communication skills. All the company cares about is money and not the kids. Classrooms are super small with large class sizes. Most days I would work at least 10 hours at school and if there are meetings expect to work at least 12 hours at school not including take home work.
Pros
Awesome Students and Parent Support
Cons
No support from leadership, long hours, business run atmosphere
Fine
Staff (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 6, 2018
My typical day is not always stressful but it was hard when there is no support group. There wasn't a well-rounded culture to help me get more resources for the students' need.
Pros
Love working for the Mr. Verdier!
Cons
under pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charter Schools USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight