Charter Steel Employee Reviews

Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Saukville, WIMay 23, 2018
Charter Steel is a great place to work. If willing to work and pass a drug test. The hours are great with a lot of time off. I can not recommend charter steel enough.
Great Place to Work
Environmental Contract Worker (Former Employee) –  Saukville, WIApril 4, 2018
Great company. Thoughtful and considerate of their employee's needs. Great benefits. Group culture and fantastic company as a family mentality. I'd recommend to anyone.
good pay and benefits but employee rules are enforced per management whim
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 3, 2018
Poor management of departments with obvious favoritism leading to hiding mistakes and blaming others to compensate to try stay in positive viewing by management.
Excellent Company to work for!!!!!
Quality System Continuous Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saukville, WIFebruary 18, 2018
Love all of my job responsibilities.
Learned working in an environment that manufactures produce for the Automotive Industry.
Hardest part of the job has become the drive. 45 minutes to 1 hour in bad weather. Normal conditions 30 minutes.
Pros
Great Place to Work!
Cons
The Drive.
Fun people!
Summer Help (Former Employee) –  Saukville, WIFebruary 12, 2018
Great place to work if you don't mind having fun and getting you hands dirty. The people are great, and the staff is considerably laid back. Overall, I would recommend Charter.
Good time off it you get it
Maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Risingsun, OHJanuary 16, 2018
I like what I do at Charter and I like the people I work with, but the way I have to cover vacation requires me to work everyday but monday and every other saturday from may untill september. Also I am looking for better insurance.
Pros
well payed
Cons
Lots of overtime
I liked the job ,and the people I worked with.
Tow Motor Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 28, 2017
Working there was long hours cool nights and fast paced .
I learned a lot there about the job I did .My only regrets I have it wasn't a full time job.
Great Company, no room for the little guy
Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saukville, WIAugust 22, 2017
The core of the company is solid but has strayed from its true path. No room for the little guy any more. Hire new, don't promote with in. Great company events, and a lot to involve the community.
great company
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Saukville, WIJune 30, 2017
I worked there many years ago and it was a great place to work. The culture was good. I had the opportunity to get involved in several projects that really helped me learn and grow in my skills.
Average
Corporate Senior HR Manager, Leader (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 16, 2017
Average Steel Company, that has a unique culture. Since my start date, there hasn't been a day that goes by and theres no lunch provided by the Operations Team. There are always feeding people.
Pros
Free lunch, dinners, and snacks
Cons
Mgmt
wonderful place to work
Environmental Intern (Current Employee) –  Saukville, WIMay 19, 2017
The motto is "One family, one team" this is a very accurate representation of the company. Great culture and place to work. I would recommend it to anyone.
If you want steel to be your life work at charter.
Billet Yard Employee (Former Employee) –  Saukville, WIMarch 15, 2017
Charter has great benefits, great pay, and mostly decent managers. Their schedule however is atrocious. 5 on 5 off, 2 on 2 off, 12 hour days along with mandatory overtime. Means you dont get much of a life. You do how ever make some of the best money availible to people with just a high school diploma.
Pros
Hot, Hard Work, No life.
Cons
Great pay and Benefits.
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saukville, WI 53080March 10, 2017
Doing p.m.'s and doing line calls to keep manufacturing equipment running for daily production. The best part of the job were the people I worked with. The daily challenge of making sure all equipment in working properly.
Pros
Health Insurance, 401K
Cons
12 hour shifts
Hard working people
Shipping summer help (Former Employee) –  Saukville, WINovember 22, 2016
These can be long hours. I only worked as a summer help and it was tough but worth it. The pay is good and the people can be really nice. You got a bond and get to know others.
Amazing enivorment and all around good people
Summer Help (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Heights, OHNovember 19, 2016
A day at charter steel is probably one of the best experiences anyone can have. I learned a lot from working for the summer such as learning how to use hand tools all the way down to establishing communicating skills. The co-workers are great it feels like one big family it's always peace and love. The hardest part of working has to be the weather it gets really hot in the summer and extremely cold in winters.
Run fast if you're a woman!
Metallurgist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 14, 2016
The management and HR are a joke. Very disorganized as a company. As a woman I'm not respected at all. It's like working in the good old boys club. I wish I wouldn't have relocated for this job. The environment is very different than what was portrayed during the interview process.
Pros
No one notices if you don't work a full work week, or if you take really long lunches multiple days a week
Cons
Management.
great company
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Fostoria, OHJuly 20, 2016
up and coming great family owned company family oriented treat employees with respect and is a great place to work. this is a growing company and is on pace to be a huge player in the steel industry down the road and have future proofed themselves very well
Good Job
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rising Sun, INJuly 11, 2016
It was a local driving job. All the employees were nice to work with and were very helpful with directions. The management was questionable.
Cant believe he got away with it .
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Saukville, WIFebruary 5, 2016
supervisors there are. we had a new intern who was working for HR. one of the supervisors were going around talking smack about the girls name ,how she looked ,acted and more. as he was listening to this so called supervisor (who we are suppose to respect id rather spit in his face.) make fun of her name and say horrible statements a guy at work decided to let hr know... wow what a big mistake that was. this guy wrote a letter that I read ,in fact I was there when the supervisor was talking smack I just kept my mouth shut. anyway he wrote a letter gave it to hr ,they sat all the people down individually to talk about this supervisor that was causing grief. now just so you know this supervisor has had nothing but problems and negative reports from people in the whole plant his whole career. from harassment ,to bullying to calling people names. now we all did this interview and this supervisor got nothing but negative feed back from almost everybody people who were scared him which he loves.... after we did this feed back we thought OK now he will begone cause he had way to many chances ,nope they give him nothing and push it under the rug. now we know he did wrong because then human resources made him write a letter to all the workers and read it out loud, to tell us and the employee he harassed sorry ,it wont happen again and my bullying will stop... hahahah what a crock of sh** if that was me id be fired i wouldn't have a job but that's were it pays to know people at this place cause him and the other two supervisors had his back and wouldn't fire him. now the reprocuction  more... of this was the employee that wrote the letter lost his job because they were all after him to fire him after he got the other supervisor in trouble so they kept harassing the guy that wrote the letter . The reason why they knew this guy wrote this letter is because Hr told them who wrote it after it was suppose to be private. They bluntly said in front of everybody after he read the letter who wrote the letter, this guy almost fainted the look he had was priceless. until he just didn't show up.. this also led one of our best supervisors we had in shipping resign because he could not believe how corrupt it really was and still is.  less
Pros
Dont do it you will regret it
Cons
Corrupt corrupt they dump there water in our river
Culture is part of company values
Operations Accountant/Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Heights, OHJanuary 19, 2016
Team environment. Company has continuous improvement department that teaches green belt classes.

Hard part of the job is knowing how interact with management.
Pros
Good benefits, gainsharing
Cons
political, need to know how to promote yourself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charter Steel. Our community is ready to answer.