ChartSpan Employee Reviews

Honest Review HERE....
Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 9, 2019
This will be your 100% REAL experience at ChartSpan... Here are somethings to realize first:

1. This is a call center job (don't apply if you cant do it!)

2. There is a system in place to measure how we preform as employees that is tied to our raises..( don't apply if you like to slack or receive hand outs)

3. Some days are harder than others.

Now with those things in mind let me give you this info:

1. Chartspan pays 90% of our insurance

2. WE CAN PICK OUR SCHEDULES. No shift bids...If I want to sleep in I can! AND I DO! haha.

3. Chartspan IS fair and has no favorites (if they do, its people who are trying to do their job well...remember we are measured)

4. If you are someone who is measured (all of us) and you consistently measure well (some of us) you might have an opportunity to move to a different position..If not a new position, you WILL have a raise.

5. Chartspan does two raises each year. You either get it, or you don't. If you don't its because you did not measure up. If you do, its because you met the bare minimum of the job required expectations.

6. All raises double each time. So if you got a 25 cent raise last time.. you will get a 50 cent raise this time. Or if you got a dollar raise this time.. you will have a two dollar raise next time.. Although no one has stuck around long enough to get the two dollar raise yet.

7. Pay is determined based on education level, and relevant experience. Relevant experience is essentially call center work.

8. The company is not a start up anymore.. it is more midsized. Because of this, It
  more... is going to change some. Not super much but It can. Things like new policies or job name changes. After all, water that just sits there and doesn't flow eventually starts to stink.

A. Now a typical day in the job is calling patients (the whole day) and having a 20 minute phone call with them taking notes in their charts. Some of the calls are fun and you have patients who will chat you up on their life. And some are not so fun and may be more programed for them. It just depends.

B. I enjoy my co workers... none of us have any drama. They are all fun to be around and in fact... I like them enough to even hang out with them outside of work.

C. Management: I like management overall. I feel as though they do their jobs well too. After all they are measured too. Just not the same as us. I think several of them take the time to come and visit and just see how we are doing and I like that. There is the occasional issue with another employee regarding management. Usually this is the fault of the employee though... otherwise management would not have to get involved.

D. HR (Management continued) actually has a budget they use to do cool things for employees! Recently they rented out the Greenville Drive stadium for ChartSpan employees and our families! That was so cool! We even had free food! They plan yoga, and breakfasts/lunches. I have been really happy with how they show us we are appreciated. And honestly..with the work we do, I feel like we deserve it :)

Ok. so honestly I said a lot here. I will be frank.. I am in favor of Chartspan as a company. They do a good service to a people group who could really use the help and I can get behind that. I have enjoyed my experience there so far as well. It has its time with monotonous tasks but in my experience.. that has been every job for me. I am not saying I will be here forever, but I am not leaving yet. Some of these reviews are just garbage. I bet they were not even here for 3 months. Have you ever noticed that people who are hurt or angry about something hit up reviews first? I bet they don't even work here anymore. Anyway.. this has been my experience and what I know about ChartSpan.
Absolutely horrible company to work for.
Clinical heath coach (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 2, 2019
No room for advancement. Corporate employees treat clinical staff as they are nothing more than scum on the bottom of their shoe. Not an ethical company to work for. They always use the “good ole boy” system for advancement. Management cares nothing for their employees and is just a horrible place to work. The worst place I have ever worked.
A Scam and a Building Full of Children
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 2, 2019
I'll start by saying that everyone who works there is incredibly young, and likely starting off their careers or getting relative experience in a medical workplace. Management didn't strike me one way or another in particular, however the environment was completely toxic. It's exactly like high school. No one likes one another, and the turnover rate is extremely high. The people who work there are not at all friendly, and the supervisors couldn't be assed to do their jobs. Finding a competent employee, or a streamlined process was like finding a Holy Grail. Upper management did a good job of feigning that they care, until push came to shove and they are nowhere to be found.
ALL money aint worth it
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 21, 2019
Unfortunately, the to good to be true factor is at an all time high! Unprofessional, insecure, lack of communication, knowledge and lastly Claims to be family oriented but NOT! They care more about their dogs than their people. It's the blind leading the blind. Poor management that obviously were chose. For a certain look cause it was obvious BRAINS was not included. Can't seem to figure out how you have NON-Medical idiots training staff to in the medical field. 🤔scamming the elderly daily all day!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Everything behind the front door!
Chartspan
HEALTH SPECIALIST/MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 23, 2019
Chartspan started off as an excellent job. I enjoyed it, until they hired a new supervisor who basically switch up a lot of the things we were use to doing. She was unreasonably strict, and at times could be very hypercritical. I didn't like their approach to certain things that didn't make sense to the real world. They was very one sided. Chartspan wanted us to be certified in certian fields, but we wasn't allowed to practice what we studied on the actual floor. I was disrespected in front of a group of people for simply asking a question during training and then talked down to even more privately. I did not enjoy my work experience at Chartspan, and would never recommend any newcomer fresh out of school this job. Chartspan is nothing but a medical outgoing calls call center.
Terrible work environment
Quality Advocate (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 2, 2019
I worked at a call center contracted through ChartSpa , this is the worst company I have ever worked for. I had constant communication with ChartSpan management. They do not care about their staff. They only care about numbers. They are money hungry. They failed to pay their bill with us and the contract eventually dissipated. They do nothing to help patients this is a huge scam! I am unsure of how they conned Medicare into partnering with them. ChartSpan management was rude and degrading to its employees. On numerous occasions I heard them bad mouthing employees. They tore calls apart and took a good quality call and stripped it down into nothingness. They are far to harsh on their employees and expect more then what they can even offer. NONE of management has any experience talking with patients and are terrible teachers because of this. This whole company is a joke. There is absolutely no need to have any training because you aren't allowed to give any advice. You cant tell someone with life threatening symptoms to seek medical attention. If you did accidentally do so then your job was threatened. Absolutely the worst company to ever work for. The only plus I got out of this is that I made some amazing friends (none of which were from corporate).
Horrible horrible place
Corporate Staff (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 1, 2018
All the positive reviews were part of a deal where HR would give you a gift card if you posted a good review.

Management is uneven and chaotic. Layoffs every year when the money gets low. Company has never made a profit.

HR staff is the worst, very unprofessional and unethical.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Constant overtime and chaos
Call Center
Clinical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 24, 2018
Days are typically normal. Its a call center environment, so its mainly answering the phone all day. I have learned you have to have patience in what you do.
Not a Great Place to Work
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 4, 2018
I started this job six months ago and was excited about all the promises and room for advancement. What I did not know was the promises came with “catches” and were not all they made them out to be! Annual compensation was quoted at $40k - $60k for the enrollment department — this was NOT the case. Base starts at $12 per hour (or $24,960 annually) and my commission averaged at $500 per month. They make promises and quote much larger than average commission. I was one of the top sales people with an average close rate over 30% (first level expectations are only at 12%) and yet my commissions were only at $500 average monthly.
Other things to consider about this company:
• NO paid holidays
• You can only advance 1 level per each 3 months (2 levels of advancement available)
• “Connected calls” and close rates are based on if you reach the actual patient AND if anyone else answers the call - even if it’s not the patient that also counts against your close rates
• Outbound calls to elderly patients who may or may not understand the cost of the program to them
• Inconsistency in assigned practices and who gets to call the “new patients”
• Calling the same patient in excess of 20 times with only a 3 day cooldown between calls
• They have monthly HR events (like birthday bash, fun treats and games) which is a plus BUT in the C&E department you have to choose between attending the event or taking your break - you are not allowed to do both
• No 401(k) match or company contribution
• Low commission rates (company bills $42 on average for each enrollment per month) your commission
  more... is less than 5% of that - just once (no matter how many months the patient ends up being billed for) In other words commission is only $2 per enrollment. Average enrollment is 5 per day.  less
Pros
Downtown
Cons
See my review
Hard work and being a team player is well rewarded
Clinician (Current Employee) –  GreenvilleAugust 18, 2018
Love my job and this company . It is my first experience with Corporate and this company is awesome. Management is very approachable and the work atmosphere is great .
Pros
Working in downtown Greenville, excellen health benefits, great work atmosphere, wonderful supervisors .
Cons
New ideas are constantly being implemented and this can be frustrating .
Worth All the Hard Work
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 16, 2018
A lot is expected from each employee but the company definitely rewards you! Exceptional benefits and employee engagement events are two things that make this company different than most!
Unstable company with overworked employees
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 10, 2018
Management was extremely temperamental. You never knew what would be acceptable and expected out of you on one day and not so the next. They appear to be hiring even though they've had two rounds of layoffs in the last year. Made many promises to past employees in order to get them to work crazy hours but never came to fruition. Preach about the importance of company culture but there are obvious favorites and hypocritical policies in place. Say that there is unlimited PTO but you are not expected to actually take it. Love to say that candor is appreciated but it is only true from certain people and never when it contradicts the CEO. Contact a former corporate employee if you want to know the truth before signing an offer letter here.
Awful
Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 21, 2018
It’s a terrible place to work. Everything someone tells you is not true. I would not recommend this place to anyone. If you do everything the company want you too they will love you. Working for this company was nothing like they told me it would be.
Pros
Located downtown
Cons
Management and the ceo is awful
Fun place to work if you can sell.
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 13, 2018
The company culture cannot be beat. HR tries to make work fun with games, birthday bashes monthly, and prizes! You get regular breaks and you get to work in beautiful downtown Greenville. The downside it the actual job, calling people and pressuring them into taking a program they may or may not need. There are great patients that make your day and others that cuss you out and call you names. It is a roller-coaster everyday. Commissions are great... if you get any. There is a push to meet goals but are not always given a way to accomplish them. Management seems to be under constant strain and it shows when you ask questions. Like any job there are requirements but meeting your quota seems to be the worst push. At the end of the day your numbers matter more than you do. If you can deal with being bored while leaving voicemails and being a little pushy with patients you can do this job.
Pros
Benefits, work culture, coworkers
Cons
management, nitpicking, quotas
The Management does care about the employees
CSS (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 22, 2018
This is the first place I have worked in over 30 years that really does try to work with the employees! The atmosphere is NOT hostile and I think everyone gets along.
Pros
HR is great! Employee activities
Cons
Parking downtown
Stressful and Unpredictable
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 9, 2018
A typical day is walking in to immediately calling patients and worrying about your numbers. Then follows a group meeting where you are cut down for everything you are doing wrong, and to top it off, you cannot voice your opinions. If you do not like changes made everyday, this job is not for you. The hardest part of the job is questioning the companies stability and stress that comes with the job.
Pros
Dogs are welcome, Personal Desk
Cons
Lay-offs
Innovative Approach to Healthcare
Private (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 25, 2018
Working at ChartSpan is extremely fulfilling. Making a positive impact on patients, a fun environment, great coworkers and a strong management team makes this company stand out. The hours are long, but when you love what you do time flies.
Pros
Location, Culture, Management
Best Company Ever!
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 24, 2018
Every day is something different. The company is full of hard-working, smart and talented employees who all feel like family! I love that the whole goal is to help patients!
Culture is awesome!!!
Part of the Corporate Team (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 24, 2018
I can't say enough great things about ChartSpan! Our culture is second to none. We all receive great benefits (how cool is it that they pay 90%). Salaried employees receive unlimited vacation time. We are pet friendly. COME WORK HERE!
Pros
employee engagement events
Cons
ChartSpan cares about their employees!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 24, 2018
There is never a boring day at ChartSpan. This is an amazing opportunity to impact the lives of patients, without being hands on.

The benefits package at ChartSpan is incredible! Really good health insurance and benefits.

Employee engagement activities make ChartSpan a fun place to work. They put on coloring contests, employee birthday celebrations, themed weeks (complete with awesome prizes) and so much more! You can also bring your dog to work!

The best part about working here is the schedule - no weekends (unless you want overtime)!
Pros
employee activities, Pto
Cons
processes change a lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ChartSpan. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7