Chartwell Midwest Wisconsin

Chartwell Midwest Wisconsin Employee Reviews

Good Place
Good place to work. Flexible hours. Department recognitions. Yearly company anniversary and holiday parties. Pot lucks several times per year. Yearly cook out at work.
Pros
Flex hours, able to work 4-10 hr days and have Fridays off
Cons
Travel time, wage caps on positions
Great growing company from a relatively new employee
Chartwell is currently experiencing some pretty big growth. As you'd expect, there is a considerable amount of opportunity for employees to grow within their roles and potentially into new ones with the company.

There seems to be a strong desire to maintain an atmosphere of a close knit community and a family oriented culture despite the recent and rapid growth. Work life balance appears to be a priority for the organization. There are a lot of new changes on the horizon, employees (including this one) seem to be excited for the next step!
Great employees and management
Engaging, fun and collaborative work environment. Chartwell appreciates and supports their employees. An Employee Advisory Committee was established to facilitate making the work place a great environment for employees to come to everyday. Staff is intelligent, friendly, enjoyable to work with, and passionate about providing the best care to the patients we serve.
Disappointed
Didnt give you proper training. Manager played favorites with everyone else. Wouldn't teach how to correct mistakes. Was told she was too busy to help. Pretty much told I was supposed to be perfect and make no mistakes at all. Which is impossible.
Manager was not good. She tip toed around everyone else and respected their way of doing things, but would not show that same respect towards someone else. She has a lot to learn when it comes to training others. She also has a lot to learn when it comes to making educated judgement calls. I would not reccomend chartwell to anyone. At least not the par position.

The hr department head couldn't answer simple questions for me. She stumbled, and then cut me off and wouldn't let me continue my questions.

The place is a joke honestly.

They play favorites, treat people like they are replaceable, expendable. I really hope they learn a lesson in civility soon.
Pros
None really
Cons
Managment, favoritism, petty, nit picky, poor training, let co workers belittle you
Great Environment
I have been with Chartwell for over 10 years. The company has been in business for 23 years, and the average tenure is over 10 years. The President, and a few others have been here since day 1!

It is a very fast paced environment, but that is the nature of health care. Patient care is always first and foremost. Management is very supportive of employees and ensures employees have the training and tools they need to succeed.

Chartwell is always looking to make changes beneficial to the employees and the company. They want to ensure the company stays competitive. Change does upset some people, but it is necessary to change to stay current.

I would highly recommend Chartwell to anyone. It is a great company with great employees, that will also become lifelong friends.
Pros
Great benefits, amazing time off, supportive management, fast paced environment
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Great atmosphere
Monday through Friday
Teamwork

Patient care is priority

Good benefits

Opportunities for advancement

Management leads by example to follow
Fun and friendly work environment
This was a great opportunity and I was able to learn a lot. They give you all the tools you need to be successful in your position and with the company.
Upper management and supervisiers show a large amount of favortism
Chartwell at the first 1/2 of employment was an enjoyable place to work but in the second 1/2, it was a place that had change immensly. It was a not a enjoyable job to go to each day. Lots of dishonesty and back stabbing from co-workers. However, I did meet a small handful of persons (co-workers) that I do respect and trust still today.