Chase

United States8,533 reviews

Found 8,533 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,761 reviews
tellerbranchbankingbankerbankjpmorganjpmorgan

Self motivating, hybrid work

If you enjoy self motivating yourself to learn and adapt, you might like this job. Will get to meet all kinds good folks, including high level execs.

What is the best part of working at the company?Fast paced, long term, with on going advancement growth opportunities and great benefits.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management is always changing.What is a typical day like for you at the company?It's never a boring moment, there is always work to be done. As in, learning modules to help you stay in compliance.

Chase insights

Based on 1,310 survey responses
What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Productive and fun workplace

A great place to work. Fun environment, great worklife balance. Management is amazing. The pay could be better. Customer facing and very enjoyable.

Cons

short breaks

Great Manager

Worked in two branches, the manager makes or breaks the branch. One was never around, my new branch the manager is always there to help. Everyone I work at every branch is very friendly.

Good company no room for growth

Company is good, pay is good, but you won’t learn much over their, very difficult to grow. If you started their, don’t waste your time waiting for promotion, look for next role somewhere else.

The brand name and the company size

Chase has a good brand name, large market share. It’s one of the largest financial institutions on earth with branches in 48 different States. Chase invested a lot of money on technology but probably has one of the lowest salary range for the same position, as compared to its peer.

Pros

Good brand name and extensive branch footprint.

Cons

Almost all employees are overloaded

Great company to work but

I worked for Chase as Relationship Banker. The company offers great benefits but it all goes back to management. If you get a supportive manager then you will last.

Pros

Base salary plus unccaped commission

Cons

Working on Saturdays, not my cup of tea

Nice environment

Overall nice place to work. Good coworkers and reasonable managers. Fast past but comfortable work environment. Really enjoyed working there. Would recommend

Uptight work space

When I was working there it was very strict, customers were rude and most of management could careless about you. I would beg for more hours not because I wanted to work there but because I was barely making any money and needed extra income. They would send me around to other locations to pick up hours which would be a hassle.

Pros

Learned a lot from working around professional bankers

Cons

I was a peasant compared to everyone else

Horrible Office politics. Mundane job

The role of an associate banker is more or less a teller with light personal banker duties. Pay rate is not as great compared to other banks but you are expected to perform. Office politics is rampant and you will practically be working every saturday. Sometimes the technology bugs out causes you to take a loss. For such a large company, they have some seriously backwards policies that can be interpreted differently based on manager which may or may not cause you to be disciplined. Management will view you as disloyal for seeking promotion and attempt to hinder you both due to the loss of "manpower" as well as taking your attempt to grow personally. be highly highly wary of management given your experience will depend on it. HR will not support you and will claim to defend you but in reality do nothing. Market leaders are disengaged and only view those who play the office politics game as having any sway. technology investment though is very up to date compared ot other banks but the trade off is the horrible leadership.

Pros

Good tech

Cons

Rampant Office politics, unsupportive management, little room to grow, no work life balance

Great Company

Great company & Benefits Micromanagement has started since the market has changed. Unable to grow your career within Chase if you are wanting to change departments.

Great place to learn about the industry

Great place to learn about the industry and get your feet wet while you learn about corporate america. Great infrasture. They provide guidance and full training. Very supportative and competitive culture. Clear mission and values.

What is the best part of working at the company?Just The Name of the ComanyWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Unprofessional outdated managers, They never been trained or qualified for being a manager/Leader. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?stressful and unprofessionalWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?full of stress working with coworkers who dont like their jobs.

Not for everyone. Be careful with each position you apply to.

The company is a mixed bag. They can provide great salary and benfits, but at the same time the culture is borderline toxic, if not completely toxic. Coworkers are professional and friendly, but to a certain point. I've heard them talking poorly about former team members. That happens anywwhere I guess. For some positions work and life balance will be bad. Work could last anywhere between 8 and 12 hours and it will be difficult to take lunch. You will be glued to the screen. The first five months in the position they will be understanding and supporting, but after that, they will expect you to learn even quicker - 2 weeks or so and then expect HIGH quality results. It is possible that you will be trained on the job by someone who's been there for only a couple months! In some offices, no cubicles. Work stations cameras. They even have LAND LINE phones with cameras! You get some degree of freedom, but you're ALWAYS on the hook.

Pros

Salary, benefits, friendly coworkers, clean offices, mostly up-to-date software

Cons

Can be toxic, bad work-life balance, no privacy in the office, some software crashes 90% of the time, bureucratic

Can be stressfull

The job is extremely stressful customers are stressfull management can be better.It is definitely a fast pace environment management likes to play favorite

Management - Development Plans

When it comes to development plans managers (Market directors included) should be required to make sure that employees have a clear understanding of what needs to be done in order to advance in the company. That way the current employees can execute those task and be prepared when the opportunity presents itself. Instead of hiring external individuals over internal employees that have already been working so hard at advancement. Managers push development plans for percentage completion then forget about it after that.

They're very political

Well depending on what department you're in , it's super political like you have your higher ups who say oh if you ever have a question if I'm available feel free to reach out . Then when you do they don't know the answer than they'll contact your manager than your manager gets after you for reaching out to them even though they were on break for 2 hours . Managers go to lunch at the same times rookies usually go to lunch at the same time tenured go to lunch at the same time and when getting out of training it's like management draft pick , they literally hand pick people living us wondering if we're not good enough that we weren't choosen first

Employee centric

Great experience. Overall good training and good workload. Good location, great lunch place. Support and good communication from management. Good workspace and flexibility as well.

Pros

Chase swag

Cons

Commute

Cpc/gds- coppell

Management isn't what it used to be when I first started. Good people have left. The expectation is high but the staffing is bare minimum. They are still expecting the same results which isn't achievable.

Stressful with deranged management.

Decent pto and sick time, health care does not work at all. Management asks for more and more with no recognition and constant harassment. Coworkers will lie to hr to try and have your job. Overall, it will kill your social life and mental health. Plus the surveillance is non stop and excessive, they've called my phone at 3am.

Co Workers our wonderful to work with, very supportive of one another

Typical work day at Chase log in & go to your cue & see what work came in, review policy & procedures to see it there are any updates, & then start your work day. The most enjoyable part of my days is the interaction with co workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chase. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Chase with

Chase reviews by popular job title

• Chase