Chase

Found 8,405 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,641 reviews

Chase insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Great Bank to work and the pay is good. Excellent customers and culture is good

Excellent place to work and learn about banking. The system is friendly and the customers are super great.The training was good and the branches are helpful. Easy place to learn and the system helps you in doing your work. It's a bank that has all the tools needed to succeed in your position. The commission is excellent and that helps with making money. You can achieve your sales. Chase products sell by themselves. It a great bank to work.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Management against you HR does not hear your side if problem arise

I really enjoyed working for the company however, I wish I could have transferred to a different location

Great place to work amazing benefits and flexibility major growth with the company .I learned so much about how to improve my finances. Chase gives amazing customer service overall I enjoyed being an associate banker

Pros

Perks such as gift cards, amazing health benefits, great atmosphere

Cons

The location I was stationed at I felt no room for growth

Working here is a good way to step into the financial world.

I worked with a lot of different managers and most of them were very laid back and cool. Learned to communicate with regulars coming into the branch and helping them with everyday needs and questions.

Chase needs to treat their employees the way they treat their customers , if not better

Working for chase during a pandemic has proven to be difficult, not enough support given by chase for employees needing to take time off for being sick or having to care for a sick child Or family member .

Pros

More stable hours

Cons

No work life balance

They over promised, under delivered!!

They set high and unreasonable expectations!! My manager had no experience and blamed everything on me!! Was never given time away from the teller line to do any of my other responsibilities

Cons

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Great place

Great place not much else to say easy going and I'd still work there if I didn't have to move good place very friendly and helpful management. Pretty easy work.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Pay

Great teammates with a lack of leadership

I enjoyed my time working at Chase & worked alongside some great teammates however lacking of leadership, communication, & over promising with underdelievering!

Toxic place to work

This place doesn't care about customers at all. Company believes making cold calls is the solution to achieve sales goals, which sounds ridiculous in 2021 . They only pay tenure employees bare minimum, but expect them to work the fullest. During pandemic, Chase bank might be the only company who cut employee's pay. Managers have very poor communication skill, and they don't appreciate employees.

Productive and fun working environment

I never worked remote except on extenuating circumstances. But I enjoyed working at Chase. I worked at a bank in Lakewood CO, then in Edinburg TX and again in Friendswood TX. The people I worked with and the Branch Managers were very helpful in helping me achieve my goals.

Pros

Laptop for use if required to work remote

Cons

you can get along with others and they give you rewards

I wish I was still with this company when chase took over bank one they laid off a lot of folks and I was one of them. I have sound stableness since then. Its very discouraging. The salary could of been better !!!!

Pros

no free lunches but good benefits I had two good supervisors who knew there stuff

Cons

some supervisors are not to good why place them over people, and the salary could have been better

Too large company to take care of little people

Chase is getting too big to really care about each workers or small clients, even a large clients. It’s extremely money driven company where we have to work like a “work horse” to meet goals set each month. Company makes it difficult every year to get to the finish line and constantly pressures employees at the edge which can be stressful. Even though company’s products are not very competitive, corporate officers think prestige image and grandiose image will sell on its own. Chase definitely wants to eliminate banker positions ASAP so keep in mind when applying for banker job.

Chase is Change

"Chase is change" is the typical mantra you will hear. This can't be anymore true. I've had three to four managers in the last year leaving my training team of 3 months to be spread out amongst the populace. You will meet great people and will encounter many opportunities for advancement. There are different types of collections. Be prepared to respect financial regulations & policies. There is no mercy for when you get flagged. Reg fails take 6 months to fall off your record whereas Policy & procedure fails take 12 months. They will develop you, coach you, and get in your face....but you still have the stain of failure on your record with no remedy to remove it aside from "time".If you're comfortable adapting to change, fixing mistakes as soon as they happen, and enjoy a lucrative amount of time off...this is the place for you.

Pros

hour lunches, vacation/personal/sick time is significant, lots of opportunities for growth

Cons

high stakes calls, no remedy for working off quality fails, management inconsistent, scorecard is a joke

Great Part Time or Full Time

My experience at Chase was one of the better work experiences I've had over the years. Ultimately I left because I wasn't able to transfer to a location with a shorter commute and since I was part time, I spent more on gas than what the job made up for. The company itself is decent. Keep in mind, if you are in a branch, your co-workers and management will either make your life incredibly easy or incredibly miserable. I was lucky enough to have the best branch staff ever. There is opportunity for advancement if you're vocal about it and keep your manager in the loop. Don't be afraid to ask! From my experience, your manager always has your back and wants you to be successful since it will fallback on them at the end of the day.

Pros

banking hours, paid for lunches, easy to get time off, benefits for part time

Cons

under staffed, rude customers

Benefits were awesome

It’s been years since I have worked at chase, but they had the best benefits out of anywhere I have ever or likely will ever work. They had a ton of paid training and I felt like they really wanted me to succeed. The job itself was just kind of boring and also customers were typically irate and rude.

Pros

Best benefits, good pay, paid training

Cons

Customers mad about money are the worst

It was fun at first but in Fraud recovery. It was a very tough job. Since I didnt have any experience in that dept.

It was fun while doing credit card customer service but once I transferred to Fraud Recovery. It was a tough job. Very analytical. I really didnt do well once I transferred to Fraud. I wasnt really well prepared for what I was getting myself into. I should of stayed In Credit card customer service

Pros

Free lunches. At times and they give out prizes if you do a good job

Cons

Pay

It all depends on the manager. There are GREAT managers and there are vindictive managers

Great company to work for but the bottom line is unbiased managers are in there. Your success will depend on managers liking you and not having manager pets in the office. I had a manager that would say things like “I don’t like that look on your face.” If they don’t like you, they will micromanage you in front of the entire staff where there goal is seen by everyone. It all depends on if the manager like you and the way you look.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Biased management

Great place to work but very busy.

It's a great place to work. My coworkers are amazing. They teach me whatever I don't understand. Our customers are amazing people. So far working for Chase had been an wonderful experience.

Nice people, but not enough training

The people that I worked with are very nice and I liked the hours that I got during my time there. However, I didn't think I got proper training to help me succeed at the job. Maybe it's due to the fact that the branch I worked at was a busy branch, but I didn't feel fully prepared to succeed at the job. In fact I'm not sure if management truly cared about my success. The only time that they do care is if I make a mistake.

Pros

Nice coworkers, great hours, great pay

Cons

Manager didn't pay too much attention to me as a new employee, manager only cared if I make mistakes

Good company if you get placed at a good branch

It’s hard coming into work because the entire team hates coming to work so it makes it hard throughout the day. And the manager doesn’t care too much.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Flexibility and work environment

Buyer Beware

Overall: It's not for everyone, but you will pick up a lot of skills as long as you’re not working on their proprietary tech and have a good manager. At the time of writing Chase does invest in staff training for things like AWS which is a major plus. Just be careful, they’ll cut your heart out with a smile on their face, especially if you’re a contractor. As a contractor they'll give you little notice about renewing your contract if they do at all. At the analyst/associate/vp level there is some protection from the hire and fire cycles, and if not at least they try to place you on another team.From a technology standpoint Chase can be pretty rough, avoid proprietary tech at all costs or forget about many of your skills transferring to another job. Glaring, reoccurring problems are addressed, sometimes. Many processes are so confusing you'll have to do them 2-3 times just to get them right.There is some flexibility, but don't get too cocky or the professional middlemen will make sure you cross your t's and dot your i's. You can largely forget about suggesting process improvements because you're there to be a cog in a machine. Staff are friendly and approachable but there's a lot of ingrained processes / stubbornness for any substantial change to take place. They're glad to make you feel like your cute little concerns are heard though.Chase throws money and people at the problem until it's solved, which creates its own set of issues. Teams are oversized and lead roles are extremely competitive; it's tough to stand out. People will be hired even as projects are maturing -

Pros

Good benefits, Invest in staff training like AWS

Cons

Hire and fire cycles - watch your back. Bureaucracy.

Great place to work. Always fun!

Very employee driven company. There is always something fun going on. Next week is employee appreciation week. Plus they do outings away from the building.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Cubicles

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chase. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Chase with