CHE Psychological Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Potential to be great
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 27, 2018
The company is good, but can become great. The health insurance is very high and not affordable. Most go without healthcare, yet we work for a healthcare company. The pay is too low to afford healthcare insurance, but too high to qualify for state assistance. There’s a lot of growing pains but the new management team seems promising. Everyone has a good working relationship. It’s nice to work in a calm environment. I appreciate the support from my co-workers.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Astronomically high Insurance rates
Good place!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 21, 2018
Quick paced office. There is always work and the coworkers are fun to work with! Sometimes it can get stressful but they provide coffee and nice bonuses. If you are a hard worker and like to be busy, this is a great place to work for.
Pros
Nice bonuses.
Cons
Sometimes can be too controlling with your breaks.
Soul crushing company
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CADecember 13, 2017
The staff by themselves are great but upper management is terrible. They have their favorites in office location and one certain office always gets the short end of the stick. Not one person in upper management understands what we do as far as our work goes, it's all about numbers and production. You can't state how you feel or how things need to change. If you do they get rid of you because no one and I mean NO ONE can stand up to the VP of this company. The moment you stand up to her, your gone. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!! I wouldn't let my worse enemy work here.
Pros
Office staff
Cons
Vp, pay, sucking the happiness and soul right out of you
Work Flow
Medical Biller/Cash Poster (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 1, 2017
Get bank statement from prior day, log onto website to pull EOB's and ERA from corresponding Bank statement. Post all payments and reconcile. Post any manual payments received by mail.
Productive workplace
Medical Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 16, 2017
The Melville location is a group of hard working individuals with a very unstable upper management.

I would rather not give any further information.
Pros
Work hours
Enjoyable and fulfilling postion!
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Downstate NYOctober 3, 2017
Rewarding job in every sense of the word. It is a pleasure to assist colleagues and to be providing valuable mental health services within this secure organization. CHE is the leader in our area of specialty, psychological services for the medical rehabilitation and geriatric populations. The company supports clinicians with a system that meets all requirements and allows professionals to work with confidence, focusing on what matters, quality care. It is a huge organization and practitioners work at many locations, but support is always just a phone call, text or email away.
Pros
flexibility; varied and intersting patient population
Cons
It's all good!
Great and meaningful place to work
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 2, 2017
I have worked for CHE Behavioral Health Services both as a FT psychologist in skilled nursing facilities as well as in my current clinical director role. I can honestly say I have no intention of ever leaving this company and would be happy to work for CHE until I retire. It is a company that is committed to best practices in long-term care settings and works to best support the patients we serve, our clinical and support staff, and our facility partners. Supporting older adults, who are an undeserved population, is near and dear to my heart. CHE's values and goals are consistent with my own and I find meaning and pride in my job each and every day working for this company. Working in nursing homes comes with many challenges (as does any clinical setting). It is a residential setting, with diverse patient referrals, and an interdisciplinary team. It takes a clinician who is flexible, creative, adaptable and who has strong interpersonal and team skills to be successful. But for those clinicians with strengths in these areas, there is no better place to work. The patients are diverse, interesting, so very appreciative of the support, and are a privilege to work with. Job satisfaction is further enhanced by the interdisciplinary setting. If a clinician is strong at building rapport and is supportive of the facility staff, the staff partners can become a huge resource to the clinician in providing patient care and making the job fun and engaging. CHE clinicians are autonomous, able to determine their own schedules, and have the opportunity to build a behavioral health program that  more... is most satisfying to them. One great psychologist at a nursing home has the potential to change the whole facility culture for the better by sharing his or her behavioral health expertise at the systems level. Although clinicians are providing services in the field, their CHE support staff is just a phone call, text, or email away. CHE takes clinician support very seriously and does everything it can to provide resources, improve clinical skills, confidence, expertise, and efficiency of our clinicians in the field. One of favorite responsibilities in my role (I have many favorites) is supporting and consulting with our diverse team of clinical providers. Our clinicians are a joy to work with and are the very heart of the company. In my role, I also have the opportunity to work directly with the office operations and support staff. CHE could not provide the services we do without the great efforts of our operations team and back office staff. They are a group of kind, motivated, and hardworking individuals who are a joy to work with. For clinicians who are looking for a rewarding, challenging, and interdisciplinary setting, I highly recommend consideration of CHE Behavioral Health Services.  less
Satisfaction
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  LA/Orange CountySeptember 20, 2017
I have worked for CHE for almost 4 years- It is one of the few companies where I have worked in my long career that I can say that I am proud to be a part of.
Pros
Independence, Autonomy, Flex time, Rewarding
Cons
No big ones at this time.
Very productive
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2017
Go into work at 7:30 and begin to bill doctor's timesheets. Company transitioning to new billing systems so there were a lot of glitches in the system so therefore a lot of errors being made. We have had to work overtime to get billing in before the deadline. Time goes by so fast because we are constantly working. The management team has been giving us kudos from time to time and has even provided us free lunch for working so hard. The hardest part of the job is that the temps are treated as temps and the permanent staff only mingle with each other. I am a people person so that is a little bothersome but I look at it as I'm here to do a job and not to make friends. The most enjoyable job is communicating with the Dr's when there's a problem to resolved.
Pros
work 7am-3pm on Fridays
Cons
no vacation days or medical benefits
Che
Medical Biller / Claims Verifier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 4, 2017
CHE is great pay, Flex time, great hours leave early summer months on Friday. Get Jewish and Regular holidays off, so double the holidays. But depending on what department you work in, you will either feel like slavery still exist, or question do they take their job very seriously, and if they did, ALOT more could get done, and less work on you. They took advantage of what new people came through to help out as a temp. Might be different as a permanent employee.
Pros
Leave early on Fridays and Flex time
Cons
Atmosphere seemed divided, seperate groups that hung together, anti sociable.