Check 'n Go Employee Reviews

I love working at check n go!!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 16, 2019
The work is easy relaxed and laid back! The job is not hard. You have to make sale calls and be people friendly! We are a great team and would love new people to come and join and be apart of the check n go family !!
Nothing is forever.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INOctober 12, 2019
Inconsistent with hours available to each store for their employees. Pay wasn't bad, but not worth it when your hours changed every week. You get fired when a full investigation was never fully pushed through.
Pros
Pay and had a good manager
Cons
No job security
Great Place to Build Your Resume
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 11, 2019
No words can capture my gratitude for the way this company invested in me as an employee and also as an individual. I went from an almost entry-level associate to training to be the store manager within a year. They truly want you to succeed! They strongly believe in promoting within if possible. If you work here, they don't want someone who is just there to clock in and out to collect a paycheck. They push you to be driven and to become better and more talented and resilient, to be a team player and to be a leader. You're going to be thoroughly trained for the position you hold, and you're going to be trained in your own personal development too. In the 2 years that I have worked there, not only have I promoted and built up my resume, but I have become better as a person. I have come to know my potential and understand my strengths, I have learned my weaknesses and how to improve them. I have become so much more than I was 2 years ago because my manager and DDO invested in me (even though I'm pretty young), I never felt like just a number. In this company you can contact anyone higher up than you, and you're in daily contact with your manager and DDO. You are partnered up with all of our stores across the state and we really rely on each other in every way to help carry the load and meet targets. When I started here I never realized I was gaining a huge work family. The only real cons to this job is that the turnover is fairly high, and the available work hours can be pretty tight, so it can be very stressful running short-staffed offices and trying to avoid overtime. However  more... if we are cut on weekly hours you may be able to pick up up more hours if you are willing to travel and some OT may be approved, they also help with travel expenses which is nice. When we're fully staffed and allowed full hours per associate, it's easy to balance work and life- But that comes and goes. If you can handle working by yourself frequently in a face-paced and money-driven environment and helping at other locations across the state when they lose staff, then it can be worth it. If you're a hard worker and a team player then you will be a part of a great work family and have lots of opportunity to build your resume and/or promote.  less
Pros
Benefits available immediately after hire (including PTO), opportunities to promote, close relationships with coworkers and customers, personal development, prompt and willing help from higher-ups, competitive pay, employees are valued
Cons
Very fast-paced at times while short-staffed, higher turnover, strict on hours
Good company
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2019
I liked my job. If they paid above $17 an hour, I would go back. I worked with great co-workers. Easy job. Easy job for me.
Good company in Chicago, IL
Pros
Easy job
Cons
going out to pass out flyers, once a week, sometimes more, who cares though
Company in Transition
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Alvin, TXOctober 8, 2019
Very limited staffing and lower pay than most jobs I've seen with similar business. Requires a lot of self motivation and hard work on yourself to maintain and do well in the position. Overall not too bad of a place to work if you are a self starter and are goal oriented.
Great and fun place to work
District Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 3, 2019
This is a great place to work, great training and great leadership , a great place to start and end your career. Staff very helpful and felt like working with family
Stressfull work environment.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MissouriOctober 2, 2019
higher-ups demand that you always agree with them, tell them they're right, and feel they're above the rules. They expect everyone else to be perfect while they can meet lower standards.

You and others don't get the necessary information to do your job. You work hard with no positive feedback and no recognition, and you might even be told to be glad you have a job at all.

When the work environment has nothing good to offer except dysfunction, poor morale, and sickness, people will start heading for the door to find a better situation. If you notice a high turnover rate in your company or department, take that as a sign of a toxic workplace.
Pros
netspend card.
Cons
low pay for high level stress work enviorment.
Poor management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLOctober 2, 2019
Constant staffing issues due to poor management. Always forced to cover other stores. Starting pay for CSR’s is not worth all the demands of the job.
Don’t get sick cause you will be working.
Pros
Pto, closed Sundays
Cons
Management/ staffing
Work tempo
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 28, 2019
Work tempo can be slow and steady, but can get fast pace depending on customer flow. Management was also shuffled recently, so organization is a bit low at the moment.
Was a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCSeptember 27, 2019
I liked it there the people were cool. The customers were entertaining. you just talked to people most of the day. Called people to remind them about payments that were due. Put info into computer to see if loan would be extended to them.
Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKSeptember 25, 2019
I took my store from 33rd to #3 in our market and that was still not good enough for my district manager. The more overtime you worked the less you got paid for it.
Pros
No pros
Cons
work all day with no breaks, work over time and did not get paid for it
N/a
Area Manager / District Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 20, 2019
i had to beg for almost 6 yrs for a promotion before they gave me one because upper management positions were in the houston area only. I eventually transferred to houston to get a promotion.
Pretty good, in store management needs structure
Loan Preparation Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 19, 2019
Pretty good pay for level of work done, the calls and customers and processes can be overwhelming but I don't have too much of an issue with it. Definitely a job that you can get into, with the right management, you can walk away with a lot. Great entry point for the financial field. Try to take everything that you can from this job as they won't promote you very soon. Not without immense sacrifice. Not even that in most cases I've seen. Easier to move up for some. Can't complain too much on a day to day.
Pros
Pay, Pto, team culture
Cons
Can be made to work long afterhours, very strict about overtime
Restricted advancement and personal life
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, MISeptember 17, 2019
This is a company that has set hours; that really do not allow an individual to adhere to their outside life. The management is very rude; and not sympathetic to employees beneath them. A typical work day consist of a very fast paced environment; and the culture is not family oriented at all. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude management. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing excellent customer service to the customers; while developing your own personal relationship with them.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks; management
Great place to work if you're looking for a job where you don't really have supervision.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CASeptember 8, 2019
I still work here and I absolutely love. They hired me when I had NO sales experience or experience handling so much money at one time. They reimburse you mileage, have bonuses, and overall treat employees well. Hardest part of the job: must be very detailed oriented and follow all policies and procedures.
Did not follow policies and produces
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXSeptember 6, 2019
Turn around/turn over rate was horrible. New faces constantly. They refused to get the proper staffing required for the loan stores. resulting in current staff working, everyday open to close. There was no proper training, or training available for situations. Superiors did not follow policies and produces. Superiors did not encourage growth or team building skills. Atmosphere was not professional. Many of the stores did not have proper security to ensure employees safety. Very stressful environment. I would not recommend this company for employment or clientele increase.
To much negative change
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIAugust 28, 2019
The company constantly changed, before I left check n go I felt like I was working for a pushy telemarketing business. Their tasks started to feel impossible and I felt very disconnected from upper management.
Pros
Great people
Great company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAAugust 25, 2019
Great place to work for when fully staffed. Great work environment and easy to get along with other store managers. The DDO is way understanding and easy to get along with.
All in all great company to work for
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 23, 2019
Everyday there was a schedule process at set times. I learned how to do loans, money orders and cash checks. My manager was awesome very kind but strict. Hardest part of the job was denying people of there loans. But I enjoyed my pay and the hours. Over all a great company to work for!
Would not work there again
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonesville, MIAugust 22, 2019
They push you to make calls everyday to the same people. They push you to push people into things they dont want or need. Not a good company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Check 'n Go. Our community is ready to answer.