Check Into Cash

• Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Ehh

It’s was a ehhh place to work at , the life balance and working their didn’t go well , management didn’t care for employees , it was just a job , nothing special about the company over worked employees and under paid for the task management asked to do.

Cons

It was better than being unemployed.

I worked for Check Into Cash over 10 years ago. I needed a first job to gain work experience, so it was good for that. It paid minimum wage, the hours were inconvenient, and had to work most weekends too. There was no paid time off for the first year, the health insurance was really expensive (luckily I was able to be on my husband's). I was so happy when I got another job, at that time Check into Cash was transitioning to car title loans and cash for gold. I wasn't to stick around collecting on those...

Pros

Good first job, better than a fast food chain if you plan for customer service jobs.

Cons

No work life balance, no job security, no career improvement.

Good hours, bad management

Everything was fine at first till you get settled in then the true colors start to show. Can be stressful some days and other days there’s not much to do.

Not a good place to work for

Unprofessional management and staff they will treat you with attitude if there is an issue rather than discussing the issue with you. Plays favoritism towards employees. Will scold you when you do something wrong like you are one of their children

Pros

Great hours

Cons

I enjoyed working here. Built respectful/friendly relationships with frequent customers. Pretty relaxed non stressful environment. Does get busy some days, but unless you're alone(which prob will happen) it isn't that bad.

Pros

Easy to learn the job

Cons

Possibly a lot of down time

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Very unorganized with new hires!

Literally left me by myself at multiple store’s without being fully trained with no support I was employed less then 1 month! I was only part time but my schedule would always change at the last minute. Complete lack of communication!

Pros

Room for advancement

Cons

Lack of communication & schedule always changed

Poor management

Micro management never trusted your ability to do your job worked by yourself often no breaks long hours customers are terrific and very nice. Poor pay

Blah

It is a good company, but the hours and pay are not the best right now. We have not gone back to full hours since March of last year. The hours we get are little to none and the pay is not enough to live on.

Pros

Great customers

Cons

Hours and pay

Never again

I’d never work for them again if my life depended on it. They’re rude, unorganized, messy, & the list goes on. They don’t care about work life balance, & they don’t pay enough.

Great Place to work

Check into Cash was a great place to work. I would recommend to anyone. I wish they didn’t close or I would want to work there again. It was a fun environment to work in. The manager was great. The company would play little games and the store that won would get free lunch or a casual day. There was room for advancement, which I appreciate.

Pros

Fun work environment, great people, advancement opportunities

Jobs at Check Into Cash

Customer Service Representative positions
See more jobs

Before you apply

The bad... the pay is terrible CSR's start out almost 4 dollars on the hour LESS than cash Express employees. In Kentucky you might as well forget about ever getting a bonus they make it nearly impossible. Oh and if the store does bonus only the manager or assistant manager if any gets the bonus!! Oh and Christmas time the only thing you will get is a card from the owner in front of his fire place with his family and there dogs.... that's it. A card of him and his wealthy family inside there mansion... but what makes this job good is the flexibility if you got a good manager and he she does there part. Due to covid 19 we can only have 30 hours and they are making a killing from that!! Super frustrating to the employees and our customers. If it wasnt for the amazing customers we wouldnt be there. I'm so happy I'm able to help them when they need it and build friendships

Pros

Mileage

Cons

Bonuses, pay, healthcare

Dont do it

This company is the worst company I have ever worked for. They don’t care that you have a life or family outside of work. They will consistently ask you to travel, even after you tell them you can’t or don’t want to. They will threaten your job if you tell them that you cannot travel. They don’t pay very well at all. The company has froze the yearly raises for the past 3 years. They don’t like to promote unless, they are forcing you into a position you don’t really want. Management is poor. They have new district managers every couple months, if not more. This company has a terrible turn over rate. I can see why. Just don’t do it. Say no. This is not a company you want to work for. They never have full staff in all the centers. More than likely you will be traveling ALOT. Run as far away from this company as you can.

Pros

Cons

Everything about this company

Easy job, pay could be better

The job itself is super easy, training is good, but the pay can be low depending on who hires and promotes. In all the current upper management is really good but a lot of travel.

Cons

low pay

Customer Service Representative

Working for Check Into Cash was refreshing in the beginning coming from Sally Beauty Supply but the only downfall is you never knew when you were off.

Eh

It was okay. But the hardest bit was the fact that they never had clear instructions. Everyone had their own idea of what rules to follow. Pay was horrible.

Pros

got to meet sweet customers

Cons

pay, management.

Stressful under staffed under paid and upper management is a joke

This place has really went down hill. They are not considerate of how hard all these people work in the centers they took our lunches away on 9 hr days but also forbid overtime they have several centers under staffed but yet have a hiring freeze. It makes the good loyal employees seek other jobs and it’s sad cause we devote so much to them only to get nothing in return they cut our hours in a pandemic didn’t offer any hazard pay to work through pandemic. When you need upper management the most they don’t answer nor ever call you back but stress how much we are a team on all the conference calls the turn over rate is unbelievable you’d think they’d treat there loyal workers better but bottom line is they don’t care about nothing except how much your center made for the month😡😡😡😡

Pros

None at the moment

Cons

Everything all 2020

I wish I couldn’t put stars

Management makes employees do all work and takes credit. Gossip central even with upper management no advance opportunities no raise opportunities unless you are a upper manager. They do take care of their corporate employees very well however if you work in the store itself be prepared to be walked all over and belittled in front of customers. 0 out of 5 stars would not recommend unless you are going to a corporate level.

great

great job to work for. Off on holidays. Has an ok pay. The best thing is they are closed on Sundays so you can attend church. There are several locations.

Started OK then went down hill

They build you up then pull the rug out in terms of support. The products when I started weren't 100% great but customers were told everything upfront and how to get out if they asked. Once flex loans were introduced no more explanation. We were to convert any and all customers even if this wasn't a good fit for their needs. We weren't supposed to tell them how to get out or how long it would take to pay off. We discouraged from giving straight answers on the flex loans terms as well other than how much they would pay each month.

Pros

Hour lunch, work nights get every weekend off

Cons

Take advantage of customer, if customer threatened you you were told to not call police or help

Great working environment

Wonderful people to work with. Get support from all staff to move up latter in timely manner. Benefits are good, hours are flexible. They train you very well

Pros

Continued training for advancement

Cons

Starting pay is lower than fast food job.

Lack of care for employees.

Ran a store by myself for 3 months without a promotion or any extra pay. Was a CSR doing the job of store manager and assistant manager EVERY. DAY. They wouldn’t promote me, they wouldn’t get anyone to come help me. Even on the busiest of days. I can’t recommend a place that doesn’t care about the wellbeing of its employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Check Into Cash. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Check Into Cash with

Career recommendations for Customer Service Representative

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Customer Service Representative in US