Checkered Flag Motor Car Company Employee Reviews

Great Company
Valet (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 16, 2019
I started at Checkered Flag after retiring from the Virginia Beach Police Department I started off part time as a valet and after about two years went full time. A great company to work for
Parts Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 10, 2019
I really didn't like the company I just had to deal with it until I got into a position to leave the company and start my own business. I thought I was going to win this all expense paid trip to mexico because my GPN was higher from the previous year. When the results came back my name was nowhere on the list and my co worker won the trip off a coin toss. I had worked over 100 hours every two weeks for three months. I felt terrible because I worked hard for this company, and if I can work hard for a company like this, I can work for myself and grow my business into a multi billion dollar company. Checkered Flag gave me the fire burning inside me to form my company.
Team Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 16, 2019
I have been with the company for nearly 5 years. I love what I do and love interacting with the customers. There is room to grow if that is something you strive to do. Its nice working for a large company where the owners actually know you by name and take a genuine interest in how their business is managed.
Pros
advancement opportunities, fair pay
Checkered Flag review
Part time valet driver (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 26, 2019
Great place to work part time, very little stress but wished the hourly pay was little higher. Excellent management people and co workers.. work four days a week.
Pros
Part time, good management
Cons
Pay could be higher
Great family company to work for!
Service Advisor/Writer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 1, 2019
Checkered Flag Motor Corp is a great company to work for, there's room for advancement considering I started off in detail and moved up to a service consultant. They had constant training year round which at the time seemed annoying because of the workload but looking back at it now it did truly teach me everything I know about service consulting. Its also a family owned business so there's none of the corporate issues you'd typically run into at a corporate owned dealership. I worked at the Toyota store for a little over 7 years and have worked at several since leaving, but Checkered Flag is defiantly the best company I've worked for in my career thus far. The hours are long but the pay was above average when I left a few years ago. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
above average pay
nice environment
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Granby, CTDecember 27, 2018
Family owned and treats all employees like family. Treats all customers well and works with them to get them the best for less Trained well and were very patient.
day to day
Service Valet (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 20, 2018
the job and nice and relaxing. you get paid time off. you learn a lot working in the automotive car company. everyday brings a new task. its nice to meet new people and new faces.
Great Company
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 15, 2018
Checkered Flag Motor Company Incorporation is a great company to work for. Mutual benefits and growth is allowed and it is a family environment and a place where hard work is rewarded
Good Place to Work
Product Specialist (Sales Agent) (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 26, 2018
Lots of hours spent in the showroom. Management worked well with my schedule as a full-time student. Sales bonuses were fair and could be reached with commitment and hard work.
CheckeredFlag
IT Technician (Assistant to Director) (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 4, 2018
This is a fun place to work, there is room for advancement and they are always willing to teach you new things to prepare for it. I enjoy coming to work each day to make my users happy.
Pros
Advancement, training
Cons
Healthcare
never dull fast pace enviornment
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 22, 2018
Checkered flag was a great place to work. It was very fast pace which made time go by fast. also lots of co-workers in the building at once so there was always someone who was there to help if needed. Everyone there was friendly and loved to get together outside of work and have fun. What I really liked about working there was that you got to meet soo many diffrent types of people every day. Doctors, Dentist, Military veterans, and even famous athletes. Nothing was really too hard about the job to me, but there were some stressful times. Such as getting the wrong part in and you've already told the customer their vehicle will be done at a certain time, or telling a customer that their vehicle has been hit on the lot.
Pros
good benefits, plenty positions to move up, good vehicle discounts
Cons
long hours, work weekends
Excellent fun gathering with lot of foods and awards for employees
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 15, 2018
Excellent place to work and grow. The owners are the best. I love them!!!

They know what they want and they understand how to carry people along to make them see the set goals and how to enforce every activities to lead to the set goals and objectives.
Cookout at work
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 19, 2018
A typical day at work would be having a big cookout with my coworkers and costumers. All the food and drinks would be free with free coutton candy, popcorn and treats for everyone.
Benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 9, 2018
benefits were great a checkered flag. It was often busy but the amount of work to be completed was fair for the salary. I would recommend checkered flag to a friend.
Not Bad
Service Valet (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 17, 2018
I liked this job a lot at first, it just ended up not being for me, management in the service lane is great, I have no idea about the sales side. There is some favoritism and if you dont like the heat dont get this job, because the AC doesn't work in the lane.
Pros
Good pay and hours
Cons
No A/C, Favoritism
Hardest part of the job
BMW/MINI LOANER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 30, 2018
I would have to say it was the unreasonable customers & their outlandish demands. They could be very trying but I was able to learn not to take it personally It helped me be a better customer service worker
Sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 23, 2018
Sales is Sales! Always going to be competitive!
Good work environment! For the most part the management team works with you to help you succeed.
With any job like this you'll have those who are treated different based on "politics". But it's sales you get out what you out in. Just gotta get passed the bull****.
Pros
The owners are super nice and are always on site!
Cons
A lot of hours!
Fun and Very Productive
Valet (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 5, 2018
Everyday was fairly busy but it was nice be able to meet so many different kinds of people and learning something new about others and yourself in the process.
Sales
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 10, 2018
High speed environment. If you put forth effort you will get results. The hours are long and the job can be stressful but the rewards can be worth it in the end.
managers
BMW & MINI Warranty admin assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 2, 2018
with Checkered Flag i worked at many locations. BMW was my favorite the management was great and work with people. not so much on the other locations. the ma-mangers used inappropriate tactics to pressure you to do things out side your job description.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
pay is not very good for what you do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Checkered Flag Motor Car Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Checkered Flag Motor Car Company Reviews by Location