Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen Employee Reviews

Found 1,695 reviews matching the search See all 1,698 reviews
Great Family Friendly Place to Work
Ticket Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2018
Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen was the first restaurant I worked at. I enjoyed my experience because most of the friends I have today are old co workers from Cheddar's. Besides the great food, Cheddar's has an energetic environment with hard working employees under caring management.
Fast paced environment, great managers, co-workers, and customers.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VA 24201November 15, 2018
I made a lot of great friends woking here. Working day shift usually was pretty slow, unless it was a sunday morning. Evenings were always steady, especially weekends and holidays. I learned very quickly that it was a very fast paced restaurant and you had a lot of duties during your shift other than taking care of your tables. It was stressful at first, but once I got the hang of it I really enjoyed the rush. I loved working there, and everyone I worked with.
Pros
Cash every night, fast paced, working with friends
Cons
hours, uniforms, no breaks
Great staff and management
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 15, 2018
Working at Cheddars was a learning experience. As a host i loved my job. The servers were easy to communicate with and the management was very supportive.
Pros
discount
Productive and easy it
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 14, 2018
Productive it was also a fun work place .the was cheap and quick . The people I worked was great to work with. I use to like me schedule before it changed.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Healthcare sucks
Scratch kitchen
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 13, 2018
Just another restaurant chain, trying to embrace the scratch kitchen environment. Overall menu prices were low, appealing to everyone. Upper management changes
Looks Can Deceive
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 13, 2018
Upon first coming to Cheddars I thought I'd love to work here it would be a new challenge and something different for me but the company is not at all what I expected. The management team seems unorganized and off balance, the employees make work life more difficult than it has to be and honestly it just doesn't offer good enough pay and hours for all that a good employee has to deal with
Pros
discounts on meals
Cons
bad management team
Server
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 13, 2018
Friendly environment.fast pace.i loved most of my co worker.can not make cheddars your primary jod and live off the income.if i needed to go back i work.simply because they are all wonderful people.only i would have another job as well.i love that its fast phased.
Pros
Paid daily
Cons
Dont make what you should for the work you do.
i want to work back at cheddars
dish washer (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 13, 2018
i would love to go back to cheddars its an amazing place to work i love making the costumers happy and its easy to be a team player because other employees and easy to get along with
Great Environment
Culinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXNovember 13, 2018
I’ve worked at this Cheddars for 3 months and I loved it! They have such a wonderful team and can be a bit stressful at times! Everyone is so welcoming! I highly recommend it as a first job as well!
Pros
Discount in Food
Fun
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 11, 2018
Good work place just relocated out of town and don't have transportation. Management is easy to get along with and very understanding of certain family situations.

Want to know more about Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen?

Ask a question
management runs everything, and they aren’t the best
Server (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 10, 2018
Having money walking out every night is great! But having horrible management just really makes miserable shifts. Favoritism is very likely and it’s not far.
Pros
50% off food on working days (not guaranteed you’ll have time)
Great Growth Opportunities
Manager of Training and Development (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2018
Loved the concept and the growth opportunities. The ability to travel and open locations was great and opened the door to tons of learning and adventurist opportunities.
Fun and Friendly Workplace with Responsibility
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILNovember 7, 2018
A typical workday at cheddars would start about 5 minutes before my shift. I come in and look at what section I have been assigned and then I would go to my manager and they would check to see if I had change for a twenty, a clean uniform, and scratch words to describe the food. The management was pretty good I did however go through about 4 General managers and the first two were fired. The best part about working at cheddars would have to be the employees that you work with and the flexibility of the schedule.
Pros
Discounts, and Benefits if you work for 20 hours min a week
Cons
Tips taken out, some coworkers make your life hard
Nice first job
Server/To Go Specialists (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75243November 5, 2018
Nice for your firat job or as a second job for qyick cash but cannot afford to support family on strictly this income. Manager very rude and inconsiderate of personal life issues that may arise at random. Team works together nicely just needs better management.
Pros
Family enviroment and quick cash. New people everyday
Cons
General manager is rude and heartless. Fired me the day after my grandfather passed.
Great place to work if it's not your only income.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 5, 2018
Cheddar's is a great place to work, no stress and the management is great overall. The only problem is the food is so economically priced that the tips are smaller on average. I actually like working there; it's simply not busy enough.
Productive and fun workplace
Waiter/Server (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 5, 2018
I enjoy my job currently but am interested in making more per the hour I enjoy long work days which feel like i’m earning my rightfuk dues and being payed on just tips isn’t really a lot
Don't Bother
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 5, 2018
The food is great and that's about the only positive. The company might be fine overall, but the Fort Wayne Indiana location is really bad. The Fort Wayne Cheddar's is such a mess. Management is terrible, servers are all negative and do not work as a team. Food is so cheap that the tips are never that great. And they have a policy where you can only have 4 tables at a time so you don't even get the chance to make good money even if they're busy. Really its just the most unorganized and terribly managed restaurant I've ever worked in, and the lowest amount of tips out of anywhere I've worked. You basically just end up making minimum wage for a very stressful job.
Cons
bad management, low tips, negative environment
Just come, make money and leave.
Server (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNNovember 4, 2018
Why is indeed making me review all my old jobs when i just want a new one? This place is a job and on the verge of shutting down. Lots of favoritism and who advances is very arbitrary.
Experience has been somewhat enjoyablell
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 4, 2018
Serving is very difficult and stressful, it takes practice to get used to it. You have to be very attentive and present with the guest. I’ve excelled at hosting and serving, and make enjoyable experiences for everyone I serve daily. The overall atmosphere of the job is not that great, and sometimes it’s very hard to work in the type of environment. I do my very best! I’ve been with the company through ownership changes, and things have become extremely different with the past few months. A lot of my regular guest have been upset with all the changes, and will no longer visit the resturant. The business has become a lot more slow, and the money is not the same as it used to be.
Pros
Taking money home daily, flexible hours
Cons
No breaks, no teamwork
Warm-hearted work enviornment great coworkers
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXNovember 2, 2018
Typically at work you clock in and get right to business. You are expected to enter the building fully in uniform and ready to serve. I have gained tons of on hand customer service experience working here. Most of the managers are helpful when anyone of the serves encounters a problem for the most part. The hardest part of the job is knowing you could've provided a better customer experience. The best part of the job is the coworkers.
Pros
Free lunches, fun environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight