Cheerwine

Cheerwine Employee Reviews

United States84 reviews
Love this place so far, people have been very friendly and helpful to me.. Management is not overly strict, but expectations are, Come to work and get the route done, with good Customer service and understanding the process of each store and check-in policy.. Auto Transmission, day cab truck with 53ft Dry Van trailers, the trucks are not the best and need Some TLC but not the worst I’ve seen.. early start 3am but average being off around 1-2pm every day with weekends off
Pros
Family owned and they treat you like you are family
Cons
Trucks are not the best
Routes include roughly 7-15 stores per day depending on location, chain, and how short staffed the company is from day to day (which is is a lot of the time due to high turnover). Most merchandisers drive their own cars (with mileage at 31 cents). There are company vehicles but it's a hodgepodge of old, busted rattletraps that probably aren't legally roadworthy. Even if you can reasonably finish your route in less than ten hours, management gets on you to 'slow down' or come back to the warehouse to help stack pallets. If you're paid hourly, nbd until you hit 40 hours at which point they pay half time, which seems kind of illegal to me. But if paid by piecework, you're putting in more hours for the same money. If you want to do merchandising, go to the other soda companies or that one big chip company. Don't even bother with this place.
Pros
Little to no supervision, independent work environment
Cons
Management only concerned with bottom line
It was a wholesome work experience. Everything you’d expect with a merchandise job. It can get stressful but it’s worth it overall.
Cons
There is a routine to be followed. People are friendly and helpful. Management responds when problems arise. Lots of hard work to be done. Feeling a sense of accomplishment when the job is done.
You were paid an houriy salary format say if you worked over 40 hours you didn't get time and half for overtime you would get about 4 dollars. Your stub would say salary even though you were to clock in and out and were only paid for what hours you worked under forty you were paid under forty you had to work at least 6 hours a day to get pay for the day. If you got sick and had to call out you had to work on your schedule d off day to make up the hours.
Not ran the correct way, Can’t call out but of your different then it’s not a issue. Expects you to eat sleep and breathe cheerwine. Was told it was a family company but when it comes to your family they expect for you to make wiggle room so they can have products ran and dropped
Pros
Cons
Home Late, Long Hours, Not Enough Employee’s
I enjoy working at the Salisbury NC location , some days are good & some days can be bad just like any other job I would recommend working there to anyone
Working for cheerwine was good until i was pushed to a position of management with out pay change... Worked there for 7 years as loading and loading dunnage loads for ibc containers
They have their favorites . management is terrible. Working conditions , no heat no air. Would not recommend at all. Your just a number with their company. They use you and never with any thanks.
Hard work with a lot of bending reaching lifting kneeling and squatting. Will get you in shape or break you. Made for younger people. You used to deliver off the truck. Now it’s presold into account
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard work
The company is very caring and understanding with your personal and work lie balance. I enjoy the benefits that this company provides for its employees.
Ok pay. Must drive own personal vehicle and don’t receive enough compensation for mileage. Very physically intensive work each day. Terrible communication and lack of leadership.
If you are looking for a company that rewards hard work and promotes from within then you’ve found your place. Fast paced work, competitive pay, advancement opportunities, and highly rewarding. We also have several bonus opportunities and health benefits. Also, no evening shifts!
Overall Cheerwine is a good place to work. Work days start between 4am and 6am. If you like working with your hands in a fast paced environment, then this is the job for you. The pay is better than Coke’s and as good as Pepsi’s. Compared to other delivery companies, this is one of the easiest, because you handle less cases and management is very easy to get along with.
Appreciative that I have a job that allows me to pay my bills. As an employee of the company, I have experienced an interesting work environment as well as some very interesting people.
I highly recommend this company. There have been a lot of opportunities for advancement and growth while I have been employed. Cheerwine is a very team oriented company.
Cheerwine is one of the few companies that is still family owned and operated , and they treat their employees as if they were one of the family. Awesome company to work for !
Good people to work with and work for. Good team environment. Early start time and some long days . Pay good be a little better, but vacation time is good.
Can be long days and you will earn your keep, the management is easy to get along with just show up and do your best, hardest part of the job is maintaining patience with clients & co-workers, best part of the job, room to advance yearly bonus and paid time off.
It's hard work! We have too many stores on one merchandiser that why we never stay full staffed. We get paid salary and work at least 10 hours or more per day. So the salary pay doesn't compensate for the hours worked. Vacation isn't approved based on how many workers are employed. Prepare to work long days. There is not set time to get off. You get off when you finish your route
Cheerwine is a great place to work and I am happy with my position in the company. Like with all workplaces, there is room for improvement but overall, it's a great place/
  1. Employee Reviews