Cheerwine Employee Reviews

Terrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMarch 15, 2018
Orders are always wrong. Trucks are loaded poorly. Pay isn’t near enough for what you have to put up with with bad loads and bad orders. It’s a constant fight between you and your salesman. This company will do anything to take a dollar away from you. Your paychecks are always lower than what they should be. I would suggest doing the math everyday on what you pay should be so you can call him out on it when the check is lower than what it should be. Overtime pay is a joke.
Pros
Cons
Money, your order always wrong, bad loads
Fun and competitive work enviroment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hardeeville SCMarch 12, 2018
I have been employed with Cheerwine for 16 years and its the best thing I ever did. Hard work but management makes it fun and exciting. Pay is also competitive with the larger beverage companies
Pros
pay and enviroment
Cons
insurance could be better
Worked here 10 years, Great benefits, and bonuses
Management (Current Employee) –  ColumbiaMarch 12, 2018
I currently work for Cheerwine Columbia, started working for Cheerwine in Charleston SC in 2008. I started at the lowest position available. Merchandising grocery stores, it was a very fast pace job. It also required a lot of work and hours. Through out the years I moved up with the company, and now hold a upper management position. I've worked nearly every position we offer at Cheerwine, and each step along the way came with a good size raise. Best Thing about working at Cheerwine is every year you're there your vacation time increases, and your Christmas bonuses as well. MOST companies don't even offer a real bonuses anymore. At 10 years I'm getting over 4 weeks vacation a year, and getting a Christmas bonus that is over 3 grand! This job requires a lot of hard work, but if your a quality person you can advance easily. I owe a lot to this company, and glad I made the changed from Miller Coors all those years ago!
Pros
Great pay and advancement
Cons
holiday seasons we get really busy
Great place to work, but got too old for it
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  ColumbiaMarch 12, 2018
Worked at cheerwine for many years, was always a great place to work, but a lot of hours. In my younger days wasn't bad, but it just got to be too much for me personally. After working there 8 years I was getting over 4 weeks a year vacation, and a huge Christmas bonus. I became eligible to retire and decided to do so. Give the next generation a chance to carry the torch... nothing worst than a old bird hanging in there haha. Still keep in touch with some of the guys, great group of people!
Pros
Great benefits, lots of time off
Cons
Start early everyday
Slave labor, swet shop
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCMarch 6, 2018
DO NOT WORK HEAR!!! They do not appreciate their employees at all. You will be worked to death and have no time to spend with your family and friends. They don't take care of their equipment everything is from the stone age. Management will lie about everything and stab you in the back in a heart beat. You will work 50 hours a week or more. Most of the time it's more like 60 to 70 hours a week and they pay you in there own words "Chinese overtime" which is like $5 a hour if you're lucky for every hour you work over 40 hours!! Yeah RIP OFF and in the summer no a/c in the building or in any of their hundred year old fleet of delivery trucks or company cars. Which it doesn't matter because you're on the side of the road broke down most of the time anyways. They don't buy anything new it's all auction equipment that's barley alive and expect you to risk you're life just so they can stick the saved money in there pocket. When i quit they didn't even pay me my last week's pay. If you're looking for a soft drink company to work for i would highly recomend going to a real place like PepsiCo or Coke.
Pros
A free A N W Root Beer.
Cons
It's all a con. Cheerwine of arden is a con.
Great benefits and had company car!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 20, 2018
I started as a part time merchandiser and then became a full time merchandiser shortly after. When you first start training, it takes longer to learn the stores and days are longer, but once you get used to it you get a good system going and are done earlier. My favorite things about the job are using a company car, having great benefits that are not expensive to me, getting to know my customers, and having potential to move up when a position opens. The managers have been really good to me and there was no issue when I needed to take time off for my grandmother's funeral even though I had just started. They are also quick to help if I ever have any issues with a store. Overall, if you're lazy and just like to complain this isn't the place for you, but if you are willing to work and have a good work ethic, you'll enjoy working for Cheerwine. Plus, you get an employee discount on all the products we distribute.
Pros
Health insurance, 401k, company car
Dishonest and cut-throat
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 13, 2017
This company does not provide adequate compensation for their employees, still operation on the FWW overtime system that will only pay you half time for any overtime hours worked-which will always be at least 10. They are dishonest about raises and scheduling, and will attempt to make anyone who complains quit instead of facing issues. They will work you into the ground, then expect you to be grateful for a paycheck that ends up at or below minimum wage.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
no breaks, long hours, bad pay, bad managment
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 8, 2017
Start work early in the morning. Drive trucks out on the road to stores where you stocked the stores, you were your own boss. you made your money on how had you worked.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Hard on your back
They didn’t pay enough for the type of work it was.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Colfax, NCNovember 8, 2017
They didn’t tell me everything that I was going to have to do and once I got to the job it was not what they told me it was going to be. It was stressful and wasn’t a good experience overall
Pros
Good workers
Cons
Short breaks
terrible
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 22, 2017
Absolute worst place you could ever work. You never have a weekend off. You start at 530 and end up working till 8 some nights. Anything over 40 hours u get paid halftime, which me and you make about 5 dollars an hour after 40. Management is a joke and treat you like babies while adding stores to your route every week. Hint the reason they're willing to give a sign on bonus. Nobody stays at this place.
Pros
Cons
hours, pay, no weekends off and management
A joke
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCApril 17, 2017
Awful place to work. They treat you like children and expect you to work all day and half the night. Shift starts at 530 and you have 11 or more stores to work, which take about an hour a piece. On Saturdays or your last day of your pay period (which will prob be Saturday bc they dont want you to have a weekend off) you will get paid half time which is half of what you make hourly minus about another dollar so about 4.33 an hour for anything thats overtime.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
The management and life balance
Review
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 11, 2013
It's a good company, but I want to be able to advance and there is little to no advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheerwine. Our community is ready to answer.