CheeseBoy Employee Reviews

Before it closed down
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Darien, CTNovember 7, 2018
I was extremely happy working for the company until
The owner sold it and things just changed. The job wasn’t the same. Coming to work wasn’t as exiting as when I first started.
Was nice environment but management wasn't good at all .
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Darien, CTDecember 7, 2017
A typical work day at Cheeseboy was pretty slow most of the time. i learned how to manage a store by myself under any circumstance. Management wasn't the best at Cheeseboy. Always had problems with the way things were ran .
Pros
learning experience was great, learned a lot from being a key holder.
Cons
short breaks, lots of problems in the work place.
Inconsistent business
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAOctober 3, 2017
I would usually work at the Cheeseboy on weekends for a 6-7 hour shift or so and I would usually be a part of the closing crew. Some work days would be extremely fast and stressful while others we would hardly get any business. I worked the register and was in charge of handling transactions and keeping the station presentable, as well as mad supply runs for the sandwich makers. The manager, when busy would work at the station with us, but would otherwise stay in the break room the whole time. The most challenging part of the job was handling the big rushes efficiently, as orders get backed up, the process of making the sandwich takes much longer than taking the orders. The enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers, who were for the most part very friendly
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no overtime pay
An overpriced sandwich chain with management issues.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Darien, CTMay 3, 2016
A job where blame is passed out faster than the sandwiches. Advancement is based on skin color, rather than seniority or ability. Expectations are entirely unrealistic.
Overall Cheeseboy is ok
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 27, 2016
As a manager for this company your store will slowly consume your life. You wake up come to work and by the time you get home you just go to bed and wake up and do it again. No matter how well you are doing they will always tell you to do better. The company comes first and you come last. It is stressful and there is a lot of pressure. But they always gave me a second chance and were willing to work with me to do better and get to where they wanted me to be.
Grilled Cheese with a Smile
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 28, 2015
I would open the store and prep for the busy day ahead of us. On other days I would sample the product. I would assistant in making the sandwiches and taking orders. This was my first job so I learned everything with this job. Such as amazing customer service skills such as interacting with the customers and being friendly. As a sampler I had to sell the product so I was always smiling and being friendly. The co-workers became amazing friends and were friendly. The hardest part about the job was sometimes the rude customers during sampling. For example: A kid threw trash at me and I calmly walked back to my station or a grown women threw gum on my sampling tray. I handled the situations professional. The most enjoyable part of the job was just the job all together. I enjoyed going to work and the people I worked with
fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 25, 2015
a typical day at work is busy and very productive. My co-workers respect me and love me. the hardest part of the job sometimes would be the customers but its always a surprise everyday with them. the most enjoyable part of the job would also be the customers, if that makes any sense at all.
Productive and fun workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 10, 2014
Usually always busy , it is a happy and friendly environment.