Cheeseman Transport Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible Place to Work
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCJune 11, 2018
Where do I start? Worked out of the Greer Sc Terminal. Safety Person there is just horrible. She always has something to complain about. Ran the Northeast to Ohio. They always always had barley anything going back to the Carolina's! Wanted you to go back to the Northeast! SMH. They would make you wait around for hours upon hours if you didnt take the Northeast, then all of a sudden they had a load to the south. After picking up the load I asked the shipper, did this run just come up and there response was 'NO', ITS BEEN SITTING HERE ALL DAY! Stay away from this company. One more thing, they put any little thing on your DAC!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everyhing
Co. Treats Drivers like a number.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Fort Recovery, OHMay 27, 2018
·Supposed to pay .50 cpm but only pays .42 unless they send you in specific states that you'll nearly never go ;
·Disp calls safety about small things that could easily be handled between disp & driver.;
·Company drops any problem they can at drivers feet.;
·Micro managing.;
·They say that you can bring the truck home, and then give you a hard time when you do.;
·If the shipper gets the freight wrong, the Co. blames the driver.;
·They make problems out of things that are neither unsafe nor irresponsible, and that can be easily handles with a phone call or could be easily passed from disp to driver when getting loads.;
·Force their way into provate legal matters.;
·All sleeper trucks are Automatics;
·Doesn't let you idle, even in extreme heat.;
·Etc...
Pros
Newer trucks
Cons
Refer to "Tips"
Great Place to work. Communication is key
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Recovery, OHApril 30, 2018
As long as you communicate with everyone things run smooth. If there are any issues you can always talk to a driver manager to help get you back on track.
Great, enjoyable people to work with.
Driver/trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Recovery, OHApril 28, 2018
I've been here 5-1/2 years. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give them a 9. There may be a better option but I have not found it yet. They give me time off when I need it and are driver friendly! Good pay and they appreciate the driver.
Pros
Pay, home time, driver appreciation, truck maintenance.
Cons
Its truvking....not every day is peaches & cream!
Was great at first then slowly saw the truth
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Recovery, OHApril 23, 2018
Thought they were a great company to start with. First couple years were great then they started asking for more and more. Then stopped asking and was told to go beyond what I was hired for.
Dispatchers and management will force you to drive in unsafe conditions. High winds, blizzards, doesn’t matter to them. They just say you have 16 hrs once a week to use. Lol
Last few years were always a constant battle with them. I did my job and just got tired of their games Oh well they will find another monkey to fill the seat
Pros
home time
Cons
Dispatchers, management, hours unpaid
Great place great pay and better home time
Local Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 31, 2018
Best trucking company I've ever worked for. Dispatch actually listens to you concerns and game plans routes with you. Pay is top notch benefits are priced ok
Bust your tail! Little recognition!
Truck Diver (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IANovember 16, 2017
At Cheeseman... You're not as important as the office staff! PERIOD

They let you know, pretty quick. Driver appreciation day, is designed to convince the public that they think of you as more than a trained monkey.

Little support is available, ESPECIALLY ON WEEKENDS
when you leave the terminal .. then you get rebuke for breakdowns lack of supplies, material or oil!!!

It's a rookie mill designed to keep a steady flow of new drivers, wear them out,... And move on.....
Pros
Few
Cons
A multitude
Cheeseman is a great company to work for and to have a career
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCMay 17, 2017
Cheeseman offers competitive pay with steady work. I enjoy the family focused atmosphere that Cheeseman offers. My co-workers are all professional and pleasant to work with. If I had a complaint with Cheeseman the only thing I can think of is that it is not suitable for a person with a young family who wants to provide yet be home daily with the loved ones to enjoy the precious moments that are too short. Unfortunately, Cheeseman is based out of Ohio and in the Southeast there are few local positions that pay enough to support a family in today's economy. I enjoy working with Cheeseman but it is not what I am seeking at this point in my life.
Pros
Great Pay, Great people, Great customers.
Cons
Not for someone who has a young family.The benefits are also not suitable.
Best Job I have ever had
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Ft. Recovery, OHMarch 26, 2017
Only trucking company I know where you can spend your weekends at home consistently. Best pay in the industry. Dispatch works with you to make life on the eoad as easy as possible. I love working here.
Pros
Great Equipment, Pay, Hometime
Keep Looking
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Recovery, OHAugust 16, 2016
If you want to work 60 hours a week and not be compensated for it then this is your place, You can't decipher how you get paid and management is the worst. I would not recommend this job to anyone, you can get a job anywhere for 15 bucks an hour and make more so good luck.
Pros
Equipment
Cons
management and pay
Steady work
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Fort Recovery, OHJune 18, 2016
Steady work with little variation or opportunity for change. Family owned, entrenched management. Routes are consistent, generally runs between terminals.
Pros
Good equipment, well maintained.
Cons
Nasty terminals, little or no support outside "office hours."
fair company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Recovery, OHFebruary 14, 2016
Cheeseman is a LTL company that is in the ft recovery area of ohio and is South carlolina. the are an ok company to work for if you are looking to be on the eastcoast 90% of your week
Dock worker/yard dog in training
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Recovery, OHJanuary 1, 2016
Great place to work great management family oriented a lot of room for people to move up in the company. I'm a dock worker training to be a yard dog then once turn 21 start training to become a truck driver, everyone knows you by your name. The owner still gets out there and hauls some loads. Real nice guy best company I've ever worked for good benefits. I've been here for 4 month my dad has been a driver there for 13 years. The dock is very cold in the winter and hot in the summer so it's not for everone
Pros
Family oriented, management and alot more
Bad place to work
driver (Former Employee) –  duncanJune 30, 2015
Once a decent place but not any more. Don't be fooled by their pay and hometime. Management is crazy bad. Duncan dispatch is downright terrible. High turnover.
Pros
equipment
Cons
everything else
They are a real different company that I ever worked with before
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Recovery, OHOctober 3, 2014
Dispatchers are knowledgeable and easy to work with.Overall all positions of management are easily approachable.
Pros
allowing me to expand my work with other types of trailers.
Cons
Maintenance manager is lacking a bit, may be overwhelmed.With a fleet of Pro-Star trucks due to Max-Force engine problems
Fun Workplace
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Fort Recovery, OHApril 24, 2014
the week began with me picking up a load in East Windsor Ct and driving it to Ohio and the pick up one down there and bring it back
Pros
Brand new truck
Cons
hamering down forklifts
enjoyable place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Loramie, OHFebruary 25, 2014
delivering loads ontime, learning how to plan routes with hazmat material, management was good,
Pros
good people to work for
Cons
having to drive into new york city
A very small terminal
TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  OHNovember 22, 2012
i work hard for this company the company very in oh i ENJOY DRIVING TRUCKS THE JOB WOULD BE EASIER IF THEY HAD BETTER MANAGEMENT.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheeseman Transport. Our community is ready to answer.