Chegg Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJanuary 16, 2019
Catered lunch at least once a week. Allowed me to gain experience in every department. Made sure i was comfortable with each area before showing oer training in new area.
Great job for university students
Online Tutor (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 7, 2019
Applying to be a tutor at Chegg was one of the best decisions I made while studying at college. The pay was more than sufficient for helping afford food and rent every month, and the fact that I could log in at any time meant there were zero conflicts with school work or any other obligations. Furthermore, it was fantastic teaching old stuff I had learned as a way to keep it fresh, while simultaneously honing my teaching and communication skills. Finally, it was very rewarding teaching other students and keeping up with them later on to hear how they were progressing.
Pros
Extremely flexible schedule, good compensation, rewarding work
Cons
Sparse hours, especially starting off
Remote tutoring position
College Level Tutor (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 6, 2019
I enjoy being able to work when i want and where i want. It’s definately seasonal evasive of the summer break, but you have the ability to make more than enough weekly to give yourself a best egg for the summer
Pros
Work from home
Cons
College students that want a refund can say awful unjust things about you, but administration reviews such complaints and rectifieds it
Productive and fun place to grow
Computer Science Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Work from homeDecember 21, 2018
As a subject matter expert, I was assigned the task to solve problems related to Computer Science. The problems varied from different fields of Computer Science. I learned a lot about the different fields of Computer Science as I solved the problems which were quite relevant to what I was studying in my courses. The hardest part was managing my studies, projects and the job. The enjoyable part was the sense of satisfaction that I used to get when I solved a query.
Chegg is an Amazing Company!
Online Tutor (Current Employee) –  OnlineDecember 12, 2018
Chegg has allowed me to work from home, which I need to do, making enough money to support my family each week. It is fast paced, and I am always busy when signed in. I currently make between $800 to $1000 a week; however, to make this amount of money, you need to be online a lot! During this weeks bonus week, I made well over $2500! This is truly an amazing place to work. I absolutely love the atmosphere, and I plan on staying for a long time to come!
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Sitting to wait on students
Great working with students from various backgrounds and disciplines.
Online Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2018
I enjoy working with students from all disciplines and helping them shape their ideas into essays that will inspire audiences. If I can help just one student, even if it's with grammar usage, I feel like I have done my job.
They Consider EVERYTHING A TOS Violation
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  OnlineSeptember 12, 2018
You will likely get fed up by the lack of work, lack of decent pay, high requirements, lying and quite frankly rude staff, fraudulent practices and end up going elsewhere. Avoid this company at all costs….
Pros
good hourly rate
Cons
worst company I've ever worked for
This is a HORRIBLE company to work for!
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  OnlineSeptember 10, 2018
I was a tutor with them for almost half a year and they suspended my account for alleged TOS violations, but in reality it occurred one day after I refused an optional background check. I don't believe in coincidences. I was a top rated tutor but they claim my low feedback was a reason I was terminated. However, I had 41-4 positive-negative ratings, which is an overall 91% satisfactory score. When I asked for an explanation they told me not to contact them anymore and the decision was final. How can you treat workers like that and expect to be a successful company?
Pros
the pay is a fixed rate
Cons
no opportunities for advancement, abusive management, ignore emails and no phone number for support
They terminate you at any time for no clear reason
tutor (Former Employee) –  OnlineAugust 27, 2018
Received no warning after being a top rated tutor, my account was just terminated, sent an email asking why and was told not to contact them anymore, they also have no phone support, keep in mind I was working with them over 4 months with no issues, this company is a joke, they claim I violated the TOS for helping a student complete a paper and having low feedback but I was top rated with 41 positive ratings, they said no further explanation will be given. Who wants to work for a company like that anyways? Reached out to the CEO and received no response, absolutely pathetic. Don't waste your time with this company.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very unstable, poor management
Give it a try
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYAugust 22, 2018
Cheggs is a awesome place to work. The environment is a fast pace and very competitive . you will receive a incentive at the end of pay week and off weekends
A temporary position for those that want to try for a foot in the door
Chegg Student Advocate (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJuly 5, 2018
The job was very stressful with clearly defined rules that advocates were supposed to follow. getting screamed at by students is a regular thing and the supervisors will not back you up.
Pros
temporary work
Cons
stressful, no support from supervisors
I enjoyed helping people learn.
Computer Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 24, 2018
When I said it was cut-throat at Chegg I was not exaggerating. A posting for tutoring went up and it immediately was taken. The only way to advance was to get more people to be tutored by you. But starting out there were very few open oppurtunites. Despite this I was able to get a few people who consistently needed help in Computer Science and I got a number of very positive reviews!

I loved helping people understand subject matter and I wasn't afraid to delve into code a student wrote and explain to them in a helpful way what they did wrong, but make sure that they were the one who figured it out in the End. I could have just given them the answer, but with something as logical as programming that would do more to hurt the student, than to help them. I quit because they decreased pay and made it more difficult to get new students. It became unsustainable to continue.
Pros
remote environment
Cons
difficult to make consistent income
New Experience
Online Tutor (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMarch 31, 2018
It's quite a challenge. Students need help in all types of majors you get to pick yourself. You get for every lesson you do. You can submit written work for free. Otherwise I don't mind. Most student request a written up then live session with me. It's okay.
Pros
Learning exerience
Cons
Don't get paid for written lessons all the time
Great
Test Prep Blogger (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 30, 2018
It was a great job because there are flexible hours, you don't have to be consistent with your time commitment and it was something that you could do from the comfort of your own home.
work online
expert (Current Employee) –  onlineMarch 28, 2018
1. Time flexibility
2. Different opportunities like questions, textbook solutions and online tutoring
3. No limit to the number of questions to be attempted
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Income is less
job is no longer in business
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYMarch 19, 2018
It was a good place to work, met really great people, but the business shut down due to production and i was laid off. Other than that is was a very easy job.
Low Stress and In theory, a good way to get involved in tutoring kids from all over, but the site is way too flooded with instructors.
Online Tutor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 9, 2018
This online service is a great addition for students not only to rent books, but receive instruction for their subjects. However, there are few oppurtunities for the instructors to get lessons because of either the lack of students or the vast amount of tutors online flooding the site.
Pros
Compensation and Flexibility
Cons
Opportunities and Legitamacy of Students
Good experience
Business Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 10, 2018
Worked as an intern there so again shouldn't be providing a review. But overall experience was really great at Chegg. I would be more than happy to work there as full-time in future.
Great place to work. I was sad when they relocated
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJanuary 27, 2018
Chegg was a great place to work with awesome benefits. They had to relocate but all the full time employees received a severance package that was more than fair. I was still sad to see the place go.
Pros
benefits, fun working environmet
Cons
relocated
Make my own schedule
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2018
I make my own schedule and tutor students when it works for both of us. I tutor nursing students, medical students, undergraduate students and high school students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chegg. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss