Chegg
Happiness rating is 65 out of 100

Chegg Employee Reviews

Hi all, you get a little money as a side gig, but it is a satisfying experience. The reason its a side gig is you never know wen opportunities come. There is too much competition,
Pros
Flexible Work Hours
Cons
Unstable
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, and Chegg Internships and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to studen
I really enjoy working for chegg because it offers everything someone looks for in a job. It boosts your self esteem and allows you to have a purpose. Pros Flexible hours. Good pay. Challenging work. And boosts self esteem. Cons Sometimes too challenging. Not enough hours available.
a great opportunity, if there were more students to work with. I will schedule myself and wait for a student or opportunity to arise, yet very often there are little to no students needing help. I am hoping it changes when the school year picks up.
Chegg is a great place to work. Good challenges & good people. Everyone was very committed to helping students. You could talk with anyone & everyone was very open to helping if you had problems. Unfortunately over the years the work life balance has slowly gotten worse. And now it seems like there is an unwritten rule that you should be available after work hours & on weekends.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I love working for Chegg. I am able to log on whenever necessary and use their interface for tutoring return students as well as helping new students. The pay is exceptional.
Extremely flexible, a great part time job for college students. Only issue is that sometimes, students are not online and there can be nobody to tutor.
I really enjoy working for chegg because it offers everything someone working from home looks for in a job. It boosts your self esteem and allows you to have a purpose.
Pros
Flexible hours. Good pay. Challenging work. And boosts self esteem.
Cons
Sometimes too challenging. Not enough hours available.
This is a great job if you like making a difference in the quality of students work! Flexible hours, you got to make your own schedule which helped while in college.
Pretty easy work place , relaxed , chilled. Stay to your self and your good . This was only a temp job which was cool to make quick money. I’d work there again.
Cons
No benefits
great place to work, people are always caring and helpful. Management is willing to speak with interns. Great intern training sessions, intern project need more thoughtful planning.
This was a company that relied a lot on team work and was helpful with receiving and providing input when requested. The other people on my project where very encouraging.
Pros
Friendly, supportive, open to new ideas
Cons
Workload sometimes heavy
You do all your own tutoring for $20/hr. You can tutor whenever is convenient for you. If you have any issues with the website or reviews, you can contact Chegg and they will respond fairly quickly. Extremely helpful. Tutor a wide range of subjects. I wish the hourly rate was a little bit better but honestly not that big of a deal $20/hr is a fair rate. There is no compensation/benefits as you are basically a consulting business. There is no really advancement in the job. And as far as job security, it depends mostly on the amount of students using the service which also varies throughout the year. Good way to make side money though and strengthen your knowledge in old subjects.
Pros
Decent salary, extremely flexibile, responsive team, good customer base, and overall great job.
Cons
Not enough people on the platform, customers vary through the year, no job advancement.
My biggest strength is my ability to learn a piece of knowledge and then teach it effectively. This is why I was one of the highest paid tutors on the platform, nationally. I thrive in my ability to allow others to understand, and Chegg catered to that.
Pros
Independent
Cons
inconsistent
Schedule is usually 30-40 hours a week during rush and then during the middle of the semester it turns to slow season which you typically get 10-15 hours a week.
Chegg is a good place to solidify your own understanding of concepts taught in school by teaching others who may be struggling on similar concepts. However, with most students wanting you to just do their homework for them instead of learning the material, it becomes old pretty quickly with multiple instances of doing the same homework assignment for multiple people. Couple that with the fact that Chegg will always side with the client means that if the client felt like it, they could dispute the lesson and get their money refunded even though you completed the assignment for them.
Pros
hours
Cons
hard to earn money
Catered lunch at least once a week. Allowed me to gain experience in every department. Made sure i was comfortable with each area before showing oer training in new area.
Applying to be a tutor at Chegg was one of the best decisions I made while studying at college. The pay was more than sufficient for helping afford food and rent every month, and the fact that I could log in at any time meant there were zero conflicts with school work or any other obligations. Furthermore, it was fantastic teaching old stuff I had learned as a way to keep it fresh, while simultaneously honing my teaching and communication skills. Finally, it was very rewarding teaching other students and keeping up with them later on to hear how they were progressing.
Pros
Extremely flexible schedule, good compensation, rewarding work
Cons
Sparse hours, especially starting off
I enjoy being able to work when i want and where i want. It’s definately seasonal evasive of the summer break, but you have the ability to make more than enough weekly to give yourself a best egg for the summer
Pros
Work from home
Cons
College students that want a refund can say awful unjust things about you, but administration reviews such complaints and rectifieds it
Chegg has allowed me to work from home, which I need to do, making enough money to support my family each week. It is fast paced, and I am always busy when signed in. I currently make between $800 to $1000 a week; however, to make this amount of money, you need to be online a lot! During this weeks bonus week, I made well over $2500! This is truly an amazing place to work. I absolutely love the atmosphere, and I plan on staying for a long time to come!
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Sitting to wait on students
I enjoy working with students from all disciplines and helping them shape their ideas into essays that will inspire audiences. If I can help just one student, even if it's with grammar usage, I feel like I have done my job.
  1. Employee Reviews