Chelsea Jewish Lifecare Employee Reviews

Great company
Administrator/Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAOctober 19, 2018
Mission Oriented. It was a fantastic place to work management was extremely supportive. Their mission drove everything in the organization, from customer service to financial planning.
Aviv Center
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAAugust 3, 2018
I would not recommend this place for a work. They do not appreciated their workers. You will love the people that live there and get close to them but the Management have rules that make you look bad in front of the residents.
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAOctober 21, 2018
None To many years there. There is nothing much else to say, To much turnover in personal and the company is going to a younger looking system through a new Director of Finance. Experience not wanted.
Some nice, caring coworkers....inadequate training
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJune 18, 2018
some nice caring coworkers. Inadequate training and not consistent with training. Was left on my own without fully knowing my role. I was told by several people how to do my job. I was never right. I feel like I was set up to fail.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Low pay for what they expect
Workplace to grow as a human being
CNA/HHA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJuly 13, 2017
Assisting of dairy living, answering call lights, using intuition with residents that can not communicate, team work with nurses and coworkers, respect the policies of a kosher facility. Understand the mood of the residents not to be frustrated and be recognized for them after assisted with anything.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Little salary
Non stop busy rehab floor. New patients being admitted daily. Always something to be done which makes the work day fly by.
Secretary, Admissions Coordinator, Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MASeptember 1, 2015
I have work for this company for 15+ years in different positions. I like the fast paced environment. I have great co-workers and get along with everyone. I have been chosen as Employee of the Month more than once.
Cons
No raise in over 8 years. Staff moral is bad. Have had many benefits/perks taken away
Chelsea Jewish
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJune 17, 2018
Friendly environment. they just did construction so for a nursing home and building that has been her for decades it is beautiful and well kept. I enjoy coming to work.
chaotic kitchen no comradery
Dietary (Former Employee) –  PeabodySeptember 4, 2014
Former employee dietary department unreasonable work load thrown upon me right off bat little to no training unqualified management employees only looking out for them selves and waiting for payday disorganized language barrier issues over worked over stressed unhappy staff no communication
Pros
good pay; opportunity for benefits
Cons
poor management no communication no comradery
Management is clueless
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MADecember 31, 2017
Just the worst run place I have ever seen in my life. Don't have enough staff to feed there patients that need help. All kinds of OSHA violations storing propane tanks inside and equipment with gasoline being stored inside the building in the hallway outside the Manager's office.
Pros
Cons
Extremely low pay
jewish environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MADecember 24, 2017
the nurses were all excellent and very good at their jobs. there were always supplies as needed. it is a jewish culture so you can not bring outside food in and the dinners were less then great.
If you enjoy working with patients, its a patient based company.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MADecember 19, 2017
As a CNA at CJNH I spent my day working and living for my patients, bathing them, feeding, setting breakfast and lunch and communicating with them. The patients make your day go by faster, full of love and life.
The community of coworkers is great but departments get stretched thin
Help Desk, Technical Support Liaison (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJuly 6, 2017
The company is a good company overall that are interested in employee engagement and appreciation. They do a birthday dinner every month for employees at The Capital Grille and lunch of some kind every day.

It can be difficult though with a large organization for the departments to remain fully staffed all the time. I can be stressful to deal with, but everyone does their best to support one another and get through it to assure our residents are cared for to the best of our ability.
Service
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAApril 25, 2017
Management should be more respectful to their employees. HHA and PCA are doing the work while they sit in the office and dictate and talk bad about employees, they have no idea or even ask employees how we feel. Expecially when a consumer passes away this is very difficult when you start to have a bond with these elders. Their is no grief counseling what so ever.
Pros
love the Consumers
Cons
Management need classes on how to be professional
its a beautiful place
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJuly 20, 2017
beautiful working environment, great team work.
nice staff
awesome management
a few minutes away from my home,
parking is great for staff and clients.
Chaotic nightmare of a place to work.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  peabodyAugust 26, 2014
Fast cook turnover. unorganized chaotic mess of a place to work. High stress and work load caused three cooks to refuse to come to work.There are communication problems in many areas. Beware of Management they will chew you up and spit you out. I met some great people but like me they also left for all the right reasons.
Pros
decent pay, Nice facility
Cons
workload, treatment of staff, communication between staff.
High Stress
Environmental Services / Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MASeptember 5, 2017
More Work,Push-Push,& More Work !!! Lack of Help and help Between Departments. Poor Supervision in All Departments No Support. It was Hard to See What was something Pointed out to be Addressed Become a Complaint.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAMarch 30, 2017
Good management, they are very understanding and welcoming. Always there for their employees. Good communication. Support family and create fun for you and your family
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, souper
too busy and management was very unsupportive
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJanuary 2, 2016
The floor I worked on was very busy with multiple admissions and the work was left for the two nurses on the floor. management does not support or help the employees.

The co-workers were wonderful and very knowledgeable.
They were a pleasure to work with.

I learned time management skills.
Pros
The co-workers
Cons
Too busy and not enough help.
Great benefits and a rewarding work environment
Manager/Leader (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MAOctober 22, 2015
The Chelsea Jewish Foundation is guided by the foundation and philosophy to excel at providing excellent care. In addition, as a non-prophet organization they hold a dedication to serve their clients and employees above anything else. They offer unique personal attention on meeting the needs of all front line employees up to the leadership teams and managers. They exceed all industry standards in providing excellent care to their residents, patients and clients.
Nice Place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 14, 2016
its a very good company to work for, The residents are amazing people and the CEO is the best, He knows management well and make you feel welcome at any time.They value families and the Jewish tradition.

Love this place
Pros
Nice Place
Cons
Pay suks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chelsea Jewish Lifecare. Our community is ready to answer.

Chelsea Jewish Lifecare Reviews by Location