Chelsea Jewish Lifecare Employee Reviews

Great company
Administrator/Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAOctober 19, 2018
Mission Oriented. It was a fantastic place to work management was extremely supportive. Their mission drove everything in the organization, from customer service to financial planning.
Aviv Center
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAAugust 3, 2018
I would not recommend this place for a work. They do not appreciated their workers. You will love the people that live there and get close to them but the Management have rules that make you look bad in front of the residents.
Some nice, caring coworkers....inadequate training
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJune 18, 2018
some nice caring coworkers. Inadequate training and not consistent with training. Was left on my own without fully knowing my role. I was told by several people how to do my job. I was never right. I feel like I was set up to fail.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Low pay for what they expect
Management is clueless
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MADecember 31, 2017
Just the worst run place I have ever seen in my life. Don't have enough staff to feed there patients that need help. All kinds of OSHA violations storing propane tanks inside and equipment with gasoline being stored inside the building in the hallway outside the Manager's office.
Pros
Cons
Extremely low pay
The community of coworkers is great but departments get stretched thin
Help Desk, Technical Support Liaison (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJuly 6, 2017
The company is a good company overall that are interested in employee engagement and appreciation. They do a birthday dinner every month for employees at The Capital Grille and lunch of some kind every day.

It can be difficult though with a large organization for the departments to remain fully staffed all the time. I can be stressful to deal with, but everyone does their best to support one another and get through it to assure our residents are cared for to the best of our ability.
Service
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAApril 25, 2017
Management should be more respectful to their employees. HHA and PCA are doing the work while they sit in the office and dictate and talk bad about employees, they have no idea or even ask employees how we feel. Expecially when a consumer passes away this is very difficult when you start to have a bond with these elders. Their is no grief counseling what so ever.
Pros
love the Consumers
Cons
Management need classes on how to be professional
Great Experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAFebruary 24, 2017
Great job space , beautiful facility . Enjoyed all my co-workers , from fellow CNAs to Nurses and Managers. Fast Paced work environment.
Exciting and challenging work envoronment requiring continuing education.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJanuary 3, 2017
Innovative experiment in resident centered care. Interfacing with staff, residents, and families presented challenges, also opportunities. The product was sucessful.
It's nice work place to work in
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MADecember 12, 2016
It's a nice place and feels like home but I got fired because I called out for graduation because they didn't give me the day off for it ,
Nice Place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 14, 2016
its a very good company to work for, The residents are amazing people and the CEO is the best, He knows management well and make you feel welcome at any time.They value families and the Jewish tradition.

Love this place
Pros
Nice Place
Cons
Pay suks
Worst place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAApril 19, 2016
The DON will make ur life miserable . As soon as u walking in you can smell the stress. Treat staff like you are nothing, it a lot of work for a small pay. I will never recommend this job to anyone
Pros
Cons
Lot of work. No break Stink
poor supervision, poor communication, poor morale
CNA (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MADecember 30, 2015
I found working @ CJF to be a very negative experience. While they treat residents/patients well, the treatment of staff is appalling.
Great benefits and a rewarding work environment
Manager/Leader (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MAOctober 22, 2015
The Chelsea Jewish Foundation is guided by the foundation and philosophy to excel at providing excellent care. In addition, as a non-prophet organization they hold a dedication to serve their clients and employees above anything else. They offer unique personal attention on meeting the needs of all front line employees up to the leadership teams and managers. They exceed all industry standards in providing excellent care to their residents, patients and clients.
A very good company to work with however some aspects of management could use some improvements
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MASeptember 16, 2015
I enjoy working here. The owners and administrators are exceptional employers. Like any Organization as big as this one there are bumps but i guess they are working on that. my clients feel satisfied every day i work because i give 100%.
Non stop busy rehab floor. New patients being admitted daily. Always something to be done which makes the work day fly by.
Secretary, Admissions Coordinator, Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MASeptember 1, 2015
I have work for this company for 15+ years in different positions. I like the fast paced environment. I have great co-workers and get along with everyone. I have been chosen as Employee of the Month more than once.
Cons
No raise in over 8 years. Staff moral is bad. Have had many benefits/perks taken away
chaotic kitchen no comradery
Dietary (Former Employee) –  PeabodySeptember 4, 2014
Former employee dietary department unreasonable work load thrown upon me right off bat little to no training unqualified management employees only looking out for them selves and waiting for payday disorganized language barrier issues over worked over stressed unhappy staff no communication
Pros
good pay; opportunity for benefits
Cons
poor management no communication no comradery
Chaotic nightmare of a place to work.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  peabodyAugust 26, 2014
Fast cook turnover. unorganized chaotic mess of a place to work. High stress and work load caused three cooks to refuse to come to work.There are communication problems in many areas. Beware of Management they will chew you up and spit you out. I met some great people but like me they also left for all the right reasons.
Pros
decent pay, Nice facility
Cons
workload, treatment of staff, communication between staff.
i enjoyed the residents and co-workers
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAMarch 31, 2014
this is a difficult review as we had just moved into a brand new facility. the everyday running of the facility changed so there were many bugs to work out of the system.
Pros
commute was easy
Cons
being in a new building, there was much disorganization.
Fun work place with wonderful staff and employees
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAOctober 28, 2013
I truly enjoyed the other employees and the residents I was working with. I learned many things I will and have used in life about the aging population. I had a great time with the other staff members and was able to participate in trainings which allowed me to broaden my knowledge base. My day was usually filled with attempting to entertain the elderly population who lived there. I was also in charge of documenting what each resident did and how their attitude was. I was also the main person to talk with families and give them a description of day to day life and keep them up to date on their loved one. Most of the residents I worked with were in the early stages of dementia so that alone provided challenges. Sun-downing was something that I saw often and had to diffuse many difficult situations. I loved interacting with each resident and hearing their life stories. The elderly population has been through so much it was extremely interesting to hear their trials and successes. People just want to feel loved and appreciated, so if I could do that even a little bit I was more than happy to take that time out of my day and just be there.
Pros
the trianing and many lessons I learned while there. Many knowledgeable people.
Cons
The building was new and the company needed money so that limited our resources with the residents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chelsea Jewish Lifecare. Our community is ready to answer.

Chelsea Jewish Lifecare Reviews by Location