Chelsea Piers New York

Chelsea Piers New York Employee Reviews

Family like environment
Friendly staff and management. Positive work environment. Great place to build a career/ great stepping stone. Opportunity for advancement over time.
What stands out
Great job best job ever very awesome scenery to work good experience and very adventurous
Over night security gaurd great hours alot of over time good money
great staff
great work environment with lots of really interesting and talented people to converse with while at work. really energetic and fast paced work environment if thats what you're looking for.
Fast paced and hardworking
Every guest that comes on this cruise always enjoys it. Every guest creates unforgettable memories because of a wonderful environment it is. Every employee respects one another and laugh with each other. it is a hardworking environment but also every employee always laugh and plays with each other. Everyone always respected everyone's religion and we always talked about diversity and inclusion.
Great place to work, great management team. Fun work space. Easy/stress free on boarding. Realistic sales goals, decent compensation. You’ll make $65-$75k guaranteed.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Fun place to work
Exciting and famous guests to eat our food. Was a pleasure to cook for them and learn how to cook food for a 1000 person party. Somewhat friendly staff.
Great
Greta Job to learn housekeeping skills, exceded my expectaciones of the jobs. Learned to work in my own and as a team member. Communicated problems with supervisors
Job suck
Job for old people not for young person it don’t pay well at all . They don’t care about housekeeping. Housekeeping do all da work with no appreciation it is sad
Love working outside
It was rewarding in any kind of weather. I would highly recommend that others who want to hone their skills and make an impact in a fun and sporty environment should join this organization.
Fun, eventful team work with some perks
This was a great place to work. Not only did we have some challenges, but had fun as well with food and gym perks. Good environment. Management was poor however.
Pros
Free food, discounted gym membership
Could’ve been better.
They had certain people working days. Had to do other people work and wasn’t paid enough for what you do. Crowds at parties would not follow instructions and would break machines on a regular basis. Have you do jobs that they pay someone else to do.
Teamwork
Stressful job that requires a lot of team work, but once everyone is on the same page, the job becomes much easier. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the guests leave satisfied and give positive reviews about their experience as a guest.
Great Nights on the Pier
I loved working here. Both the staff and customers were great. Hot days and cool nights, this place was the ultimate summer job. If you love the sound and smell of water, this is the place!
Had a nice view of the Hudson River
Overall I wasn’t happy with the job. You have a lot of things happening out of work with the managers and they come to work and take it out on us l, I don’t think that’s fair to any employee
Event Host
You walk in and you have assigned parties that you must seat each day. The parties averages between 5 to 13 parties per shift. You must greet the party contractors at the door and help them set up their lane. This becomes tricky when you have more than one party starting at the same time. You must replenish their food, drinks make sure the lanes are kept clean. Also work with servers for cake and other things. And at the end you must fill out paperwork before ending you shift.
Pros
Schedule time is flexible
Get out what you put in!
Chelsea Piers is a great place to work if you like being around sports and fitness all day! management can get overwhelmed, requiring a good deal of self-advocacy (because of the high volume of activity) but overall a good gig. not the place to try and get rich.
Pros
Free sports and fitness classes, great employee culture, learn a TON!
Cons
very busy, micromanaging bosses, lower-end pay
Face-paced, exciting atmosphere!
I worked at Chelsea Piers for 7 years and enjoyed it very much! The staff and co-workers were great and management were strong! Being on the Hudson River everyday in such a beautiful spot was inspiring!
Pros
Paid vacation, benefits
Cons
Open most days of the year
fun workplace with children
prepare sessions plans
supervise drills and sessions

workplace culture is a teamwork environment where everyone works together

overall it is a fun environment
Summer camp counselor
One of my favorite jobs that I intend to still hold if allowed. I run one of the older summer camps titled Urban Adventure and it allowed me to work with young adults and deal with parents of those children whom usually held some form of power, this was intimidating but good for communication skills.
Developed new skills
This was extraordinary experience because it was my first job in the United States. The work environment was interesting because it allowed me to meet a lot of celebrities and also learn about management duties.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
On my feet for 8 hours and working outside during crude winter.
work environment
Chelsea place is a good job to have during the summer or while in school but definitely not to start a career unless you have ties to HIGH mgmt. They overworked the workers and rarely gave raises.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chelsea Piers New York. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2