Chelsea Senior Living Employee Reviews

Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJune 6, 2018
Take a good look at management, they appear nice on interviews then after you are hired they treat you like dirt. Total favoritism for employees they stole from other Assisted Living facilities they themselves worked at. Rules apply to some employees and not others. It is easy to see who is where they are from their flirtation with upper corporate. Most staff is back stabbing. Trust no one! You tell the ED not to disclose info about a concern you have and she immediately goes and tells that person what YOU said or announces it to other Directors. It appears to be lovely place to work on the outside but inside is Nightmare on Cranbury Road!!
Pros
$2.00 for meal (if you really want to eat it)
Cons
Upper Management back stabbers
Very productive.
CHHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJanuary 7, 2018
There is total discipline at workplace. Every issue is seriously taken care of immediately. Attendance , duties, and entire clients are well monitor and supervised
Pros
High motivation.
Cons
No short comes seen right now.
Just sucks
Dbs (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 7, 2017
Poor management from corporate office, rotating door in building management. Lack of consistency. No staff nor want to pay to have them. Minimal budgeted staffing always working short with little to no help. Poorly ran company. Everything is just bad worst decision I've made was coming to this company.
Pros
Your pay check dont bounce
Cons
All of it
Great opportunities in the workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fanwood, NJAugust 14, 2017
The company provides many opportunities for furthering your education. A typical day was 9-5 with a half hour lunch break. The most enjoyable part about working at the Chelsea are the residents.
This workplace is somewhat productive
Certified Medication Aide (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMay 16, 2017
Some workers do not pull their own weight, they only function when the management is around, however the management is oblivious to this fact. They do not perform on a professional level, and when spoken to, they fabricate untruth and report to the management, who do not weigh the facts but believe what they report. This attitude frustrate good workers.
Pros
Sometimes employees are given recognition
Cons
The workers who are deserving do not receive the recognition they deserve
very happy place to work
Head Concierge (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJNovember 17, 2016
am looking for a new challenge. Very experienced in Customer Service. I love what I do but the compisation is not enough. I am a happy outgoing person who loves people and life. My ultimate goal is to help others and the community in a work enviorment that appriciates good employees. I have alot to offer.
Pros
Happy Eviornment
Cons
no benefits. They dont seem to care about good employees
Get something signed upon hire
New hire (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJOctober 12, 2016
I was "hired" by the Chelsea, was told to give my two weeks notice to my current employer, only to be told a week and a half later that they are going with a different applicant. Now after giving my two weeks, I am left jobless. My advice it to make sure you leave with more than a verbal agreement before leaving current job.
Most of the employees are nice to work with. The Director is very unsocialable.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJApril 23, 2016
Work at Chelsea Toms River. Most of the workers are friendly. There are a few employees that are rude. Director is very unprofessional and shouldn't have that title. Very clicky environment.
I would not recommend working there. In fact, I wouldn't put a family member in any of their facilities.
Pros
Great food
Cons
No training, most of the employees are rude.
Too many problems with Chelsea
RN (Former Employee) –  NJNovember 28, 2015
I have never had a clinical position without sufficient training, a formal orientation program or follow through until I worked for Chelsea. You are held accountable for job duties that are not written or taught. You are not supplied with tools to perform your job. You are expected to be available 24 hrs/day, 7 days/ week without personal or vacation days for 1 year. The expectations of employees is not only inhumane but dangerous. This poses great risk to residents and no one seems to care. The turnover of staff is dangerously high. Residents are admitted when they are not capable of living in an independent setting. There is not sufficient staff to supervise them. Untrained staff perform clinical duties that should only be performed by licensed employees. The subcontractors hired by management make mistakes daily and they are never held accountable for their errors. This also causes a great risk to residents. The problems in this institution are tremendous and they continue on for years.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything Chelsea
A stepping stone
Director (Former Employee) –  Toms river njJuly 24, 2015
Once the company feels that they have worked you to death they set you up for complete failure. They ask more of you than is humanly possible and cut whatever hours and budget that is needed to accomplish it. I was replaced by three employees and I resigned.
Pros
great residents.
Cons
Little to no training.
Love the Residents
Certified Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Fanwood, NJNovember 16, 2014
No matter what the situation when it comes to the residents they always seem to make my day or we make each other day.
Pros
residents
Cons
N/a
Great staff and patients
CNA (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAMay 29, 2013
Chelsea was a fun environment to work, all of the staff and patients were easy to talk to and very helpful when I needed help. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people and putting smiles on peoples faces.
Pros
Good food.
Cons
Kitchen is not well kept.