Chelsea Senior Living

Chelsea Senior Living Employee Reviews

United States40 reviews
Just ok
This place needs a lot of work if they want to keep staff. I left and am not looking back. Feel like they honestly do not care about employee concerns and health and there is no change in sight. If you have a job offer elsewhere then I suggest going there.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No raises, understaffed
Nice people
You must love to help and care for people in there time of need , being understanding to other people’s disabilities is a,going the extra Mile sometime doesn’t hurt
Good place to work.
Friendly staff, as long as you’re getting your job done, nobody watches or bother You.. need a stronger management team, it gets really busy at times especially during the mornings but as long as you get to know you’re residents and you know your job it won’t be that hard..be that bad.. some of the residents am an be
Pros
Pay not bad, a lot of overtime.
Good
Residents could be rude and unfriendly. Co-workers could become very unprofessional, rude, and also put blame for something you never did. Management doesn’t put enough people on the schedule for certain days.
Worse staff ever from the front desk to H.R
Very rude staffing. The lady in h.R helps out with nothing. Very old n confused. She dosent answer the phone.Everyone there drinks on the job. Housekeeping sucks. The aides dont respond to the reesidents. It's became to my surprised this place is still running.. Would never recommend this place to work at..
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
I enjoyed working with my recient client. Which was very demanding many cleaning hours n not as much time allotted with client.
If u r given a client which requires a high level of care. I believe the pay rate should b slightly higher. Too much time allotted to cleaning instead of client. The employer n employees r helpful, kind, considerate. I enjoyed working their.
Management will treat you horrible by lying straight to your face. The Director is the best at this.
Special treatment given to those that are liked. Don’t bother working hard because your accomplishments will never get recognized from management.
There is no loyalty at this company.
Pros
Residents
Cons
It was a very nice place to work
I enjoyed meeting and greeting all the vendors, Doctors and nurses, physical & occupational therapists that came to our building to work with the residents. It certainly was a pleasure meeting with new prospective residents and learning all about their families. I also loved conversing with the residents that stopped at my desk, before they went to activities or to the dining room for their meals.
Everyone on staff was friendly and considerate of each other and formed wonderful friendships.
Pros
Free lunches were available if we wanted them.
Bed bug infestation, Poor management
The company has Poor management, poor benefits, bed bug infestation. Treat employees and residents poorly.
The food was disgusting, and they're money hungry and don't care for the residents or employees.
It was hard at times, but you learn as you go.
Once at work, the job asked a lot from you. Making sure every senior was behaving and maintaining their proper diet, you would have to clean and reset the tables you were assigned to. Sometimes you would have to prepare meals instead of the cook and had to clean the kitchen, vacuum the dinning room, and restock all drink, snakes, ice creams, and utensils.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Chelsea Senior Living?
Wasn’t what i expected
Not everyone knew what they were doing and employees were rude to coworkers and residents. Totally unorganized. I was only an assistant but was treated very poorly.
Poor management
Unqualified staff, revolving door of management and staff. I needed to relocate due to a move and it was denied along with them refusing to not work with the school schedule. I was enrolled in school at the time that I got hired the company was well aware of changes twice a year due to class changes from the fall to spring semester.
Good place to work but ask rediulas task in a short time. Was wanted to do the maid and nurses jobs when I was property Maintenance. Task unrealistic for time that was aloded
Good work experience at Chelsea
Good work experience at Chelsea
Pay including bonus and incentive was fair, but not great.

Tools were provided to complete the job at hand. Team was great. Management was fair.
Work experience
I loved working at the Chelsea. My experience there as a care manager was great. I loved attending to the residents and meeting their needs. I learned work ethic, patience and how i can improve my services when caring for the residents. I've learned how to work through situations that occurred, problem solve and get the job done. Management was terrible in some areas that made our job a little harder. No communication with that was going on during the shift or if anything needed to carry over to the next shift. Work environment improved once i got to know everyone but what a bit rocky when i started.
I enjoy coming to work!
I came to The Chelsea after 10 years in the skilled nursing arena. I was looking for a better work/life balance, a resident-focused approach and a culture of employee engagement and recognition - and I found it! The corporate team goes above and beyond to be supportive. They visit the community regularly and we have group meetings that are helpful, informative and empowering. I've enjoyed participating in the Employee Five Year Celebration, the Lead Aide Celebration and the HCANJ Conference, to name a few. These types of gatherings don't happen in other companies. They go a long way to make me feel appreciated.

The team at the Community itself always puts the residents first. They are some of the most dedicated people I have had the honor of working with. We are truly a family here and it shows through our teamwork and focus on our residents. I feel good going home each night knowing we've made a difference in the lives' of our residents.
Pros
Employee Recognition, Regional Support, Teamwork
Cons
Great and supportive work environment!
I have worked at The Chelsea for the past five years and it has been an amazing experience. Our company is always looking to promote from within and has training programs for employees looking to advance themselves in their careers. The corporate team is so supportive and encourages their employees to use their paid time off to have a work-life balance. I truly feel appreciated by our regional team as well as my fellow employees. Working at The Chelsea is more than a job, I’ve made life long friends at each community I’ve worked at.
Great company to work for!
Great company to work for! Leaders in the healthcare industry. Promotes teamwork and really understands the struggles and challenges with all positions. I feel a lot of support from the management and corporate office.
Rewarding Place To Work
I have been with The Chelsea at Brookfield for over 8 years. The company has helped me climb up the ladder and better myself through the years. I feel very lucky to work in such a warm, inviting atmosphere. The management team is very supportive to all the staff. It is very clear that the Executive Director is appreciative of the work produced in the facility and always shows appreciation to the staff. The residents call The Chelsea their home and enjoy all the activities provided to them. The Chelsea is my second family and caring for our residents is the most rewarding experience. I continue to learn more everyday with the support of the company.

Benefits are offered along with a 401k. You also get Paid Time Off which is a bonus. I highly recommend The Chelsea as a place to work.
Great place to work and organization to be a part of.
Working for the Chelsea has been a huge part of my life for a little under a decade now and is truly my home away from home. The management team is supportive and seeks out hard working employees who truly shine and offer opportunities to grow. The expectation all around for each employee is to really work as best we can to serve our residents and work as a team to accomplish that mission. The organization has brought in innovative changes to better care for the higher acquity residents we now see in the industry. Great staff appreciation programs and events. If you are called to work with the elderly, the Chelsea is a wonderful company to be a part of to do that.
Pros
Positive culture, Accrual PTO system, supportive corporate team, open to ideas of change to serve residents.
Cons
None at this time.
Stay away
Where do I start..... poorly run building with ridiculous turnover. Director of Nursing position has been filled roughly 9 times in 9 years. No support by management. Pictures of owners hang in building.... one owner was there when the building opened 9+ years ago and has not been back since. They hire staff that has no medical background and allow them go work for 6 months before becoming certified. This means critically ill seniors are being cared for by someone who worked at a conveniance store the day before. Not enough help, staff spends their day completing incident reports for issues that could of been avoided if staff was properly trained. Staff is overworked working to care for residents and give medications at the same time.

Vacation, sick time, personal time is a joke! You need to wait a year to use any time. Health insurance is costly for bad coverage. Pay is very low. Owners just care about building new buildings even though they can not staff the ones they have but who cares just take nursing home/hospice residents and fill the building. The moto surely is not quality over quanity in any aspect there. It is quantity over quality in all aspects.

Don't waste your time applying, you will get called and hired and will be sorry. Work two different jobs somewhere else it will be less stress that one at CHELSEA! Chelsea has no problem terminating you either after you work as hard as you can - they are heartless!
Pros
The residents
Cons
Management, Quality of Care