Chemical Bank Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you desire to work in finances!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, MIAugust 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for Chemical Bank. It gave me great experiences, and my manager was excellent! I learned a lot. If you really desire to work in sales and financial, I'd definitely recommend working at Chemical Bank!
Feedback
Teller (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIAugust 14, 2018
I felt my experience with Chemical Bank was a useful learning tool because the people I worked with and the customers taught me a lot. I enjoyed my job and the customers. I think it has allowed me to become very customer based and because of that, I understand the importance of patient centered care.
This organization no longer exists.
Electronic Inscriber / Control Asst / Office Asst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2018
This organization no longer exists.

It was very fast paced. I loved working here and the benefits, overtime and night time differential were great. If I could turn back time I would return.
Team orientated environment
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 7, 2018
Communication here at Chemical is strong for the most part. Everyone is very team orientated, especially during our busiest days. The only down side to working at some branches is that there isn't always room to advance. Even if you have been with the company for a long period of a time, they are more likely to pick someone outside to fill a current opening. It isn't always that the people they choose have the skills required to fill the open position. Depending on the branch and/or the management, they don't always take into consideration what your thoughts are on something in particular.
Pros
Team orientated
Cons
Not easy to advance
Nice place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 24, 2018
I enjoyed working there and the people and culture were wonderful. The best part for me were the customers, both internal and external, as in the course of a day, that is the purpose of the position. To provide excellent customer service.
Very friendly environment
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJuly 24, 2018
Great group of individuals to work with. The credit team was very approachable and the training was great. It was a great place to work and I would recommend working there.
Pros
Training was great!
Cons
It was too far for me to travel to work everyday.
Temp position
Data Entry - Temp (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJuly 23, 2018
This job was a temporary position. hardest part of the job was the great attention to detail that was required when searching through hundreds of loans for errors.
Valuable experience
Item Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 21, 2018
Working for Chemical Bank was a great learning experience. Management really valued employees and communicated very effectively. I enjoyed working with my team and meeting goals.
Pros
Professional working conditions.
Cons
Pay was fair but not high.
A challenging position
Bank Operation Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIJuly 10, 2018
On a typical day at Chemical Bank was always challenging, work on the computer, doing a lot of data entry, keeping in contact with all branch personnel.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Celebrates birthdays and made some good friends
Business Client Services Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 5, 2018
I liked the job but it was a toxic environment for me to work in due to the manager. My supervisor and my mature, team oriented coworkers were great. Not much opportunity to advance because the manager was threatened by me and would never sign off on it.

Want to know more about Chemical Bank?

Ask a question
Typical day at work
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  AnywhereJune 21, 2018
Assisting customer inquires, concerns, transactions. Leader on duty in manager's absence. Building relationships with new and exsiting clients. Working side by side with MLO, CFA, and merchant Services.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIMay 30, 2018
Overall, this is a good place to work. It can be difficult to advance in your career here. The management is pretty good and the people working there are easy to work with.
Fun atmosphere
Teller (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 24, 2018
I really enjoyed all of the bank customers and asking them about their day. Many friendships were formed during my employment- made it hard to leave. Lower pay than some banks though.
A good job
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houghton Lake, MIMay 21, 2018
I genuinely enjoy working there. They are just a bit sales heavy for my taste. I was hired in based on my customer service skills, and that is how I would like to continue working.
Pros
Pto, benefits, match 401k contributions
Cons
Sales culture
Banking environment in NYC
Senior Branch Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2018
Fast pace environment in which be required to service the public of a daily basis and also being able to supervise ten (10) to twelve (12) employees daily and monitoring the day to day banking requirement was a real task.
Pros
Wonderful discounts from Businesses
Cons
working with in house management sometime
Productive and fast paced environment
Title Examiner (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 23, 2018
Worked 8 hour days and occasional over time. Our group worked well as a team and we all helped each other out to succeed. I learned new things everyday and had room for advancement. The hardest part of the job can be the everyday changes in the industrustry but if you stay on top of it you will be fine. I enjoyed the team we had. Everyone worked well together and helped one another. There is lots of room for advancement within the company and so many variety of jobs. The company would bring in lunch often to celebrate or in busy times make it easier to eat since busy.
Pros
Room for advancement
Good-Bad-Indifferent
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Somewhere, MIApril 22, 2018
Good place to work, BUT there are some qualities that need to be looked at from Upper Management listed below:
- no real room for advancement within department(s).
- manager(s) cater to the less ambitious.
- extremely unprofessional appearances from employees.
Benefits
Cons
Appearances
Fun Place to Work
Records Control Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2018
Unfortunately, although Chemical was a very nice place to work, after many mergers and acquisitions they are no longer in business. If they were allowed to stay as they were, a lot of people would have benefited greatly.
Pretty good work experience overall
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 17, 2018
Fast paced yet there was motivation when the job needed to get don. Management was helpful. The other team members were great. Good experience overall
Pros
Great team members and benefits
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Poor management
Customer Service Payoff Department (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 16, 2018
Chemical Bank will find a way to get rid of older and long time employees.

They are notorious at it. Targeting and make your work life impossible. Write ups until they force you out.

Management has been put into younger employees hands with bachelors degrees in anything but banking. Not a clue what they are doing or how to treat or respect employees.

10 hour work days with no lunch break or breaks. High production demands that are impossible.

Chemical Bank used to be a vary good place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management