Chemonics International Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace and Expert Team
Senior M&E Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 5, 2018
It was a great chance in my career that I worked with Chemonics for 3.5 years in a project, the environment is friendly, so many chances to learn new things.
Great experience in a private industry
Global Human Resources Manager (Senior Manager) (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 21, 2018
I really enjoy the work I do and the staff I work with. The position allows me to network and communicate across boarders. Working at a global level gave me a chance to learn on other countries labor practices.
Pros
Great place to learn new ways of doing business
Cons
Change requirements and sometimes uncertainty of your future
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2018
Important mission with dedicated people. Work life balance is an issue and senior leadership tends to be more interested in innovation and the newest trends and not so much on the job satisfaction of their people.
Excellent Company
Writer/Editor/Curriculum Developer (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 3, 2018
You can't beat the depth of experience at Chemonics. The company does extensive work in international development and the opportunities to grow one's career are vast.
Pros
Extensive portfolio
Cons
Competitive
Busy environment with lots of chances to take on new roles
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 2, 2018
Chemonics is a great place to get experience on a lot of different parts of project management for international development projects. Coworkers are supportive. The company has grown quickly over the last few years and there are management/staffing issues. This, combined with low compensation, made it feel like an unrewarding place to work at times.
Cut throat work culture, clueless management
Director of Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 15, 2017
The job for which I was hired was not the one that I was expected to do upon being hired. My manager, who had no prior experience in HR, could not articulate his expectations of me as a supervisor.
Disconnect between company and project culture
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2017
There are a lot of very hard working and dedicated people at this company. However, there is a major disconnect between how the specific projects and the more general company are run.
money driven company with no work-life balance
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 30, 2017
No diversity or inclusion support. Place full of bullies who are against of changes. No work-life balance. While many good people in the company, many more are sexists, bullies, misogynists.
Pros
competitive salaries
Cons
terrible work environment
Highly demanding workplace
Deputy Director HRH2030 Program (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 26, 2017
A very organized, productive, and demanding workplace. Management-oriented; if you are looking for a job to apply/strengthen your technical skills, this is the wrong organization for you.
Work flows fully standardized. Every worker has an active new business development role.
Pros
You will strengthen your management skills
Cons
You will not strengthen your technical skills
Training is great
Senior Project Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 29, 2017
Good place to work, great training opportunities, great travelling opportunities, great for interest in international development, global health, education and social development
Professional workplace
Project Manager Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20006March 22, 2017
Chemonics International is one of the few companies that I know who truly behaves, performs and maintains professional business ethics and values. I am proud of my work with Chemonics and this remains in the front line of my career.
A type-A place
Strategic Communications Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 1, 2017
Good work environment but difficult work-life balance. I find that the workload and expectation wasn't clear when I started. Despite this, the people are great and it offers good benefits.
complicated environment
Strategic advisor to the CIO (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCOctober 5, 2016
very complicated work environment with most employee fighting for very few advancement opportunities. not stimulating projects or clients and ultimately very disappointing experience.
My First Job
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 2, 2016
working at Chemonics was a challenging time as it was my first work experience in the USA. I had to adapt to the culture and get up to speed.
Pros
lots of experience
Cons
no cons
Great workplace for fresh graduates
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC, Kabul - AfghanistanJune 5, 2015
It is a fun workplace for fresh graduates with little or no work experience. Not an ideal workplace for people with extensive work background. Difficult to get a promotion.
Fair
Digital Marketing Expert (Current Employee) –  Palestine, RamallahFebruary 23, 2015
Working with Chemonics International is a good experience.
I love to work in Digital Marketing and build online advertising and campaigns to aware/engage/sell to targeted clients.
Great Team
Associate - Field Accounting Support Team (FAST) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 1, 2014
I am having great time working with Chemonics International performing role of Temp Associate - Field Accounting Support Team (FAST). I enjoy working on bank reconciliations, wire transfers, and reconciling old years' balance sheet accounts.
Not a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 5, 2014
Low salaries, poor benefits, and poor work/life balance give little incentive to stay with this company.
Lots of opportunities for young people interested in development
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2014
A great place to work and grow in the international development field.
Fun, Friendly work environment.
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 16, 2013
• Troubleshooting and resolving network connectivity problems.
• Resolving Microsoft Office Outlook/ Exchange problems, Office 365
• Spyware and virus removal
• Replacing Hardwires (flat monitors, docking stations, local printers, keyboard, smart board)
• Troubleshooting network drive mapping issues.
• Responsible on Active Directory and Inventory Data entries.
• Performing hands-on PC work, software trouble shooting along with downloading.
• Utilizing system tools to monitor evaluate and enhance the reimaging/Final PC Setup processes.