Chemtreat

Chemtreat Employee Reviews

United States30 reviews
A very good enviroment to work in.
Great place to work and will recommend friends to apply to ChemTreat. Very great personnel and staff to work with. Very friendly atmosphere and your views matter all the time. Good team to be with.
Poor management leaves you uninspired
this company prides itself on a lean staff. This leaves most employees feeling overworked or with a sense of pressure. This leaves the environment with a low sense of morale. Without the proper support or care from management, it doesn’t truly feel like you are part of a group working to achieve and better the company. I have worked in a couple of different departments and through this have learned that departments do not work well together. Also, you will find that the company leaves employees who cannot complete daily tasks employed. They do little to reprimand them and it is truly discouraging.
Amazing place to work
Diversty & Inclusion are everywhere at ChemTreat. A place where you can grow !
I have a phenomenal Manager that truly cares.

Job Flexibility is really a thing for ChemTreat.
Great Company if they would follow Danaher mission
Good company, but a lot of turnover.
Due to Management I believe.

If the Danaher mission was carried out you wouldn't be able to find a better place to work.
fast pace work environment and a lot of detail
This is a very detailed job and can be very fast paced job.And can be a very stressful experience. Communication is very important in all the positions.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
"Lean" Company
ChemTreat prides itself on being a "lean" company, but this often meant not enough people for the amount of tasks/work. The culture is great but most departments are in need of extra headcount that will never be approved, adding more stress to everyone.
Competitive Environment
10 -12 hrs a day. Working with clients to solve their problems and promoting trust worthy relationships. I am Engineer that loves solving problems and thinking out of the box. Independent and self driven mindset rules my everyday activities.
Great place to work. Flexible and the people are great
I come in and collect my portfolio and I am not stressed or barked at by anyone. Everyone is helpful. The hardest part of the job is everything being compartmentalized. I am used to fixing things from front to back. That is not the way that it is done here. It is just something to get used to.
I have no review of this company at all. Its fine for the right fit. it is a part of the Danaher Water Group. This is a large multi-billion dollar company. They lay off people frequently.
If it sounds too good to be true....
Pay is good, 25.76hr, management sucks. It's the Lead's way or the highway. Suck-up go far, do anything the better way, get fired. When I started in 2015 was getting 55-60 hours a week. Second driver got hired and as soon as you get 40 they send you home. Management is too concerned about their bonuses. Oh yeah drivers don't get bonuses even though everyone else in the company does. Oh and since you are driving non-bulk hazmat get ready for all the DOT stops because you are their "Unicorn".
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
Everything else
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Chemtreat?
Difficult team environment
In the area that I worked, there were several sales people that are fully established with business, but continue to control future prospects with established relationships and demand to share profit from new accounts, without having responsibilities in those new accounts.
lack of support from upper management
lack of support both from a technical standpoint and corporate business (contracts) standpoint hampered my ability to earn business. If I was in a bid situation ChemTreat's bid always came up short, either due to pricing or lack of technical resources. Company was unwilling to explore new markets or partner with commodity suppliers when necessary to earn business.
Pros
paid on commision, opportunity to earn good money
Cons
lack of support, "you're on your own"
Who FLow
On a typical day at work to come in and process over 300 invoices a day along with research and other things that may come up in a day
such as check run, ACH payments, Wire Payments , Jounral enteries
productive and fun place to work
you can learn alot, managemeant not very helpful and very clicky, co workers are great and knowledgeable great benefits 401k
Pros
benefits and hours
Cons
managemeant
My manager was the best!
One of the largest industrial water treatment companies nationwide. Was proud to be a part of the ChemTreat "Team".

Customer service was the ultimate...always sought by our customers and easily/happily provided by ChemTreat staff...ALL ChemTreat associates.
Pros
Excellent medical/dental/vision insurance
Cons
Freeze on pay raise(s)
The company is stable
Hours are tough to work. No family balance. Work environment is not professional. They are paid weekly. No advancement opportunities, its had to advance.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
not professional no family balance
A good company
Corporate Services is a difficult department to work in. Too much favoritism. Managers stay in meetings (reps make their own decision or seek help from other co-workers) and the policy changes to fit the favored employees.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
Favoritism
Do not work here, they are skilled liers.
I was hired under a false lie that the job would led to a long term position and the hours per week would grow as time progressed. As it turned out, I was only hired to cover the sales agent while she went on a 2 week vacation, and was terminated the day she got off the plane. 4 weeks of training, 2 weeks of work, all the while I was led to believe that it was going to be a growing job for a long term career with the company.
Strong Company
Strong Company but with minimal ways to advance. Great benefits, but more training is needed when it comes to how some people speak to employees
Not a great place to work
Plant moral extremely low, managers more worried about themselves than their employees. A lot of false promises of promotions and raises to keep you their but they never come to light. Assistant plant managers at Virginia Plant are not deserving of their positions and not a single supervisor or manager in the plant has a degree of any kind.
These same managers/supervisors in the plant are horrible to work for. They are extreme micro-managers and have very little leadership skills. Working for these people turned all of my fellow employees into lifeless zombies who hated to come to work and were not willing to go above and beyond. Which is sad because when I started working their back in 2006 this was completely opposite.
Pros
Work life balance is great
Cons
Managers are horrible to work for, They have no leadership skills, they do not have knowledge of what it takes to run a lean manufacturing facility
Great Company....
Great Company, the pay isn't the best but you can raise a family on it. Management, Employees, Facility, Hours are great. I Highly recommend.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chemtreat. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
2.3Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight