Chenega Corporation Employee Reviews

Good Company
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2019
Been with the Chenega for 13 years, excellent company! couldn't be more pleased and content with the company. Learned many things while employed with Chenega.
Poor choice for a career
Security Guard II (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VA 22315January 14, 2019
As with most contact companies, this one is totally focused on its corporate bottom line and will do anything it can get away with to ensure that only the barest minimum is paid to the folks at the bottom who are producing the work product.
Horrible, horrible xompany
Warehous specialists (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKDecember 26, 2018
Chenega is by far the worst company known in the world, they dint give a dang about thereemployees, they are only interested in benefiting the CEOs, and the shareholders they are a so called native American company but the dont accept native american health coverage, they will messypu you left And right I took a $300 pay cut every 2 weeks if you want to work for this company I recommend you dont, you cant ever rise up in the ranks unless you know someone who is higher up, where I work they already lost about 10 employees, the pay is horrible, no good benefits and no paid time off for a year, they dint evn pay you if you have a kid on the way for parental leave, if you get hurtt at work for something that wasn't even your fault, you dont get paid, I recommend this company loses everything and goes bankrupt that way they cant infect anymore installations. Seriously the worst company known to man, I hate them. They have caused me to lose my house, my truck, and because of them I wont even be able to afford to feed my family or give them a roof over theirhead, I had to come to the public library just to warn you people!
This company is awful
Alarm Monitor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 17, 2018
Sure, they offer a decent amount of money for certain positions, but good luck getting them to actually pay it. The management is clueless, they never get enough people on shift, and supervisors are treated awfully. The company will consistently try to screw you over to save money. They make it extremely difficult to decline their sub-par insurance and will sign you up for it even if you do just to avoid paying you health and wellness.
Pros
You'd have to try hard to get fired with the hard time they have keeping people
Cons
Incompetent management, they might not pay you for the job you're doing
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VADecember 13, 2018
Lack of flexibility and leadership has their favorites that they promote and lots of family members that look out for each other. No career growth or promotions for people that have been there for awhile. Allow people to work from home a few days a week.
My job
PresentBus Driver (Current Employee) –  FLW, MODecember 12, 2018
lots of down time but I get to move troops to and from training areas, chow, and dorms. The hardest part of my job is remembering a book to read during the down times. There really isn't a down side to this job other than sitting a lot and gaining weight.
Pros
Meet interesting people
Cons
You can't choose who you work with.
Good company!
Building Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCDecember 12, 2018
I really liked working for Chenega. They have awesome benefits, and really seem to care about their employees. The manager at Ft. Bragg was really good and took care of his people. I would have loved to stay working for them but I was driving an hour one way and it just got to be a bit much.
Pros
Benefits, Great management
Terrible place to work
Clerical (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2018
Don't waste your time! Extremely poor management! Training is non-existent, lots of back stabbing and as it was said by another employee it's all about who you know.
Armed security officer (Former Employee) –  Page, AZDecember 4, 2018
Great place to work loved my job. Everyone was easy to get along with for the most part. Great learning experience! I got to provide protection for a huge piece of our economy.
It's not bad
Property Book Officer/Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKNovember 28, 2018
Overtime is non-existent. I was told that if I come in early/stay late than I have to leave early the following day. Anytime I posted any overtime hours on my timesheet, the Proj. Manager would kick it back and say "anything over 8 hours of a workday will not be approved unless it was scheduled in advanced" which is very disheartening when the workload is heavy. Holiday Pay is also regular pay and not 1.5 Time.
Overall, the environment is good, co-workers are pleasant. I enjoy it.
If the mental capacity exists, then there isn't anything hard about the job.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Benefits & compensation could be better
Great Company
Network Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Delta Junction, AKNovember 26, 2018
Chenega was a great company to work for. The pay was great and the management was terrific, especially for the living conditions. I would work for this company again in a heart beat
Pros
Great people and Great Management
breath of fresh air
LRS Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCNovember 14, 2018
Given a chance to learn and work with a team . Effort is exceptional!!! Give a new employee a chance to make a difference. Learning and maintaining AFOSH standards that can propel our next generation to the next safety level.
Pros
People, time
Cons
Pay standard, no perks
Na
Security Specialist II (Armed Guard) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2018
This is a good company to work for however, benefits are not as great. Promotions you get them every so often. But there is room for advancement. There is a lot of nepotism or favoritism on the job.
Productive Place, Great Leadership, Mission-driven
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAOctober 30, 2018
I worked for the Chenega Technology Services Corporation (CTSC), which was (at the time) a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Chenega Corporation. Absolutely fantastic folks, great leadership, and tons of opportunities for professional advancement.
Pros
Great benefits and compenstation.
Cons
None to speak of.
Good
SECURITY GUARD II/RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93703October 25, 2018
Fast please atmosphere You have to be good at multitasking. Do not expect Wages. For the most part the management and very good people and try to take care of all your needs.
Armed Guard II Ambassador
ARMED GUARD II CDC (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2018
I was Contracted to Work at The Centers for Disease Control. My Assignment's included Guarding Federal
Personnel and Government Officials. My Duties were
To Secure, Protect Assets within the Guidelines of the OSAMS Federal Guidelines
Pros
Great Company with Good Benefits, Good pay
Cons
Less opportunities for Growth
Professional, Rewarding Experience
Assistant English as a Second Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TXOctober 6, 2018
Great company to work with combining young adult education with a professional educational environment. Good pay and an employee focused company. Good pay and benefits.
Assistant ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 5, 2018
Typical work of creating educational items for non-English speaking military personnel. Enjoyed the creative flavor of the materials, conversational topics and the diversity of all the instructors.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
client was very particular of cultural difference we had to adhere to
Fun
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Glynco, GAOctober 2, 2018
My job is really fun and relaxed. We meet people from all over the world. This is a Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. You must be a people person for this job. It can get a little hectic at times with Medical Emergencies, etc., but nothing that overwhelms. I am an Armed Security Officer there and I make good money. 19.58 hour. We work 3 12 hour days. Total of 36 hours.

A typical is working enhance at the gate for the first two hours. We rotate every 3 hours. Give other gates a relief. You might not always learn something new on a daily basis but you do learn new and important information.

Management is low key and will do whatever they can to help you.

There is nothing hard about the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff and students that you encounter daily. Helping anyone in need no matter how big or small.
Benefits
Cons
You may not get a breakfast, lunch or dinner break
Contract Nurse
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NVOctober 1, 2018
I was an LPN for a military facility through Chenega. The staff at Chenega were very professional and always helpful. The company always was available and caring.

When I was informed of the contract, there were no details of the position except that it was for a nurse. I left that contract due to unclear objectives being informed, but this was the military facility's fault. As Chenega quickly addressed this issue. I would return in a heartbeat if a contract arose from Chenega Corp.
Pros
Pay, Friendly professional staff
Cons
Research your assignments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chenega Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight