Chenega Corporation Employee Reviews

breath of fresh air
LRS Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCNovember 14, 2018
Given a chance to learn and work with a team . Effort is exceptional!!! Give a new employee a chance to make a difference. Learning and maintaining AFOSH standards that can propel our next generation to the next safety level.
Pros
People, time
Cons
Pay standard, no perks
Na
Security Specialist II (Armed Guard) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2018
This is a good company to work for however, benefits are not as great. Promotions you get them every so often. But there is room for advancement. There is a lot of nepotism or favoritism on the job.
Productive Place, Great Leadership, Mission-driven
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAOctober 30, 2018
I worked for the Chenega Technology Services Corporation (CTSC), which was (at the time) a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Chenega Corporation. Absolutely fantastic folks, great leadership, and tons of opportunities for professional advancement.
Pros
Great benefits and compenstation.
Cons
None to speak of.
Good
SECURITY GUARD II/RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93703October 25, 2018
Fast please atmosphere You have to be good at multitasking. Do not expect Wages. For the most part the management and very good people and try to take care of all your needs.
Armed Guard II Ambassador
ARMED GUARD II CDC (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2018
I was Contracted to Work at The Centers for Disease Control. My Assignment's included Guarding Federal
Personnel and Government Officials. My Duties were
To Secure, Protect Assets within the Guidelines of the OSAMS Federal Guidelines
Pros
Great Company with Good Benefits, Good pay
Cons
Less opportunities for Growth
Professional, Rewarding Experience
Assistant English as a Second Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TXOctober 6, 2018
Great company to work with combining young adult education with a professional educational environment. Good pay and an employee focused company. Good pay and benefits.
Assistant ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 5, 2018
Typical work of creating educational items for non-English speaking military personnel. Enjoyed the creative flavor of the materials, conversational topics and the diversity of all the instructors.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
client was very particular of cultural difference we had to adhere to
Fun
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Glynco, GAOctober 2, 2018
My job is really fun and relaxed. We meet people from all over the world. This is a Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. You must be a people person for this job. It can get a little hectic at times with Medical Emergencies, etc., but nothing that overwhelms. I am an Armed Security Officer there and I make good money. 19.58 hour. We work 3 12 hour days. Total of 36 hours.

A typical is working enhance at the gate for the first two hours. We rotate every 3 hours. Give other gates a relief. You might not always learn something new on a daily basis but you do learn new and important information.

Management is low key and will do whatever they can to help you.

There is nothing hard about the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff and students that you encounter daily. Helping anyone in need no matter how big or small.
Benefits
Cons
You may not get a breakfast, lunch or dinner break
Contract Nurse
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NVOctober 1, 2018
I was an LPN for a military facility through Chenega. The staff at Chenega were very professional and always helpful. The company always was available and caring.

When I was informed of the contract, there were no details of the position except that it was for a nurse. I left that contract due to unclear objectives being informed, but this was the military facility's fault. As Chenega quickly addressed this issue. I would return in a heartbeat if a contract arose from Chenega Corp.
Pros
Pay, Friendly professional staff
Cons
Research your assignments
Job description doesn't match salary
Technical Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 25, 2018
For the amount of work required and the job description doesn't match the pay. But overall good company to work for. However, not my cup of tea because there is no room for advancement.
Chenega Corporation is professional and a great work environment
GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VASeptember 22, 2018
Working at Chenega Corporation was a great experience. My managers and co-workers were very professional and friendly. I received great teamwork experience as well as deadline driven project experience.
Temporary position
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2018
No a bad company. One of the best things was the flexibility - though it might just be the contract I was working. Good benefits. I was hired for a contract, which was temporary. I just wished the company took some more initiate in winning the contract for subsequent year.
Cons
Lunch room
Great place to work, but brutal to accept being laid off
Hazardous Waste Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company as a contractor but when someone underbids on the contract, and they make budget cuts, your job security becomes questionable, and this headache occurs every year during contract renewal.
Decent company, some culture issues
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VASeptember 18, 2018
This is overall a decent company that has decided that federal proposals are price driven and has reduced cost by reducing benefits.

There is little interference from corporate on a day-to-day basis. Periodic reviews are non-confrontational.

This is a typical contractor environment where the corporate folks have job security and the people working the programs at ground level are viewed as disposable.
Pros
no interference from corporate
Cons
Us & them culture
Overall, Chenega is a good contracting government agency
PROGRAM ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2018
Joined Chenega/Time Solutions over 5 years ago. A professional and stable corporation .The company encourages exceptional performance. The company offers medical/dental insurance, and match 401K contributions..
Pros
Secure stable contracts; cater to the professional needs of employees.
Cons
Helping Resources secure perm positions
Salary and Benefits - Employee vs Contractor
System Administrator III (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 15, 2018
Though, limited, Chenega offers employees medical benefits and PTO, as well as free access to "Lynda," a web-based Skills development and teaching tool to further enhance my professional abilities.
Pros
Freedom to work independently
Cons
Limited performance feedback
Very good contracting company to worik for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 13, 2018
Assist the Director of Policy and Preparedness with day to day Administrative needs such as travel, schedule meetings, prepare agendas, order supply.
Pros
Management was Great!
Cons
Vacation time you had to be withthe company for a year before you get any time off.
Enjoyable and productive
Recycle/Rotation Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CASeptember 10, 2018
Getting to work on time is the hardest part of working at Fort Irwin. Employees are friendly and easy to get a long with. Management is very easy to work with and will to work with employees easily.
Pros
great team of employees
Cons
no chance for advancement
productive
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boyers, PAAugust 27, 2018
I was a salaried employee there, was able to use the compressed work schedule which was wonderful, I was able to attend dr appts when needed and other things that would come up. They gave good pay raises regularly and the company always kept in touch with their employees in regards to issues at work and any questions you had. Weekends and all holidays off.
Manager Not Professional
Escort/Monitor (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 20, 2018
Management was below par
Break area was too small for the amount of employees we had
TOO Crowded for nine people
Not enough work to go around
boring and not challenging
Pros
good pay
Cons
to crowded / too boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chenega Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight