Cheniere Energy, Inc. Employee Reviews

strong
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2018
If I had the opportunity to return to Cheniere Energy, I would jump into it quick. This was a great company,management and the staff were great. Strong company values.
Pros
Loss of contract
Cons
Great company
Turnaround / Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Camron laAugust 6, 2018
I really enjoy working at Cheniere. I do not enjoy having to write all this about it though. Its a good place to work I don't see how indeed can make me review it.
Extremely poor management!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Cameron, LAJuly 9, 2018
Production goals come before safety!!! Nepotism and cronyism alive and well. Not what you know but who you know. Plant operated as a dictatorship with all decisions made by plant manager.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Nepotism, cronyism
bad managment
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2018
bad management for the IT Dept. other then that it is not a bad place to work. Supervisor for my department didn't know how to manage his people. The benefits are good as well as the pay
Materials
Materials - Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Sabine Pass, TXApril 15, 2018
Materials is a support group. The job is very fast paced and material has to accurately received, stored and maintained until the unit requires it for installation. The material group is usually a tight knit, fun loving group.
Great working with intelligent, motivated people. Good Leadership
Program Manager for multiple projects (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2018
Cheniere is working with world-leading natural gas liquefaction technology and is positioned well internationally. This requires good leadership - which they have.
Pros
Nice offices downtown Houston
Cons
Other locations are very remote.
Team spirit
Quality Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2018
Great team spirit with the working staff on site. Contractors were eager to produce results and work together with field personnel to resolve construction issues
Pros
Weekly meeting were very positive
Cons
Management could learn more from their employees
Company has potential for greatness, but...
Manager, Design & Documentation Systems (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2018
When I started working at Cheniere, I was excited to be joining a small company that was about to grow rapidly, but needed to mature organizationally.
Unfortunately, the company's mid- and senior-level management in the various departments had developed a 'silo' mentality and it became difficult, if not impossible, to effect change.
Pros
Good workspace, decent benefits, generous compensation package for laid-off employees
Cons
Poor communication between mid-level and senior management
Nice Company
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2018
The atmosphere at Cheniere Energy was very nice and relaxed. A typical work day is very independent. No one really micro manages. Everyone is responsible. A very adult atoosphere.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Horrible senior level management with poor communications
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Senior level management are not adequately skilled in their field. The internal communications in the company is very poor. Very cut throat and negative atmosphere.
Productive fun place to work with flex hours
Procurement Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Worked with Cheniere for over 7 years. Awesome work culture, good benefits, flex hours, understanding co-works. Everyone's opinion counts and staff are supported to be productive. You are allowed to take care of family matters whenever but meet up with your job obligations accordingly.
Productive.
Safety Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cameron, LAJanuary 15, 2018
My experience there was great, I was recruited in to support HSSE staff during de-gassing process prior to train one outage. No incidents.I did observations and inspections. Management reached out to me for support. Work place culture was good. Enjoyed this project. I hope to provide services again.
Pros
Great
Cons
Great
Contract Operator (Current Employee) –  Cameron, LANovember 22, 2017
Love it here. The only downfall is the drive. I have never woke up and not felt like going in to work. I love to work and would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
long drive to and from work
Productive and fun place to work...
Lead Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2017
Job required someone who is extremely organized and task orenited, so duties can be prioritized allowing for interruptions with urgent items that need special attention.
At the end of each day and at the end of each week I prioritized my duties for the following day or week using a Franklin calendar to keep records of activities.
Provided direction to engineering team and construction leadership responsibilities completing short-term and long-term oil and gas unit projects for delivery to operations.
Reviewed drawing packages provided by construction design engnieering team and issued comments for teview and revision.
Cheniere is a great company to work for.
Senior Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2017
It all depends on who you work for and the culture in that department. There have been many changes in the management and culture in the last few years.
Management needs improvement
Sr. Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cameron Parish, LAAugust 11, 2017
Management needs improvement, lack of procedures, work instructions, leadership. No one here knows how to correct run a project around here, can be frustrating. Project Management wings it, full of rookie's.
Pros
Refrigerators filled w/drinks and fruit
Cons
Management or better the lack of good managment
Horrible Management
IT Squatter (Former Employee) –  HoustonJuly 12, 2017
Probably the worst management team put together in history. Too many micro-managing know nothings. They do not even care about efficiency or becoming the best. All they care about is the bottom line and putting warm bodies in seats. Make America Great Cheniere!
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Horrible Management
Best job I've ever had
Supervisor, Document Control - Pipeline (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2017
Loved every moment of being employed at Cheniere until the new CEO came in and laid off an amazing and talented group of people. I was planning retirement from this company. Charif Souki was an amazing CEO. I wish he was still there.
Has potential
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2017
The future of Cheniere Energy is bright and has the potential to be a great company in the LNG business and is worth taking a chance on working for them.
Pros
Stock Option benefits
Cons
Transitioning so job security uncertain
Very family, and community oriented
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Cameron, LASeptember 6, 2016
I loved my job at Cheniere wonderful people to work with. everyone there is very friendly. I hated to leave but family always comes first. Supervisors and Managers are always easy to talk to.
Pros
excelent health insurance
Cons
non really

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheniere Energy, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about