CHEP Employee Reviews

Albany, Ga plant is poorly ran
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 17, 2019
The plant management staff does an extremely poor job of running the plant. Raises are few and far in between. Promotion is based on personal feelings not ability to perform. The atmosphere is institutionalized and depressing at times.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Working conditions, shift hours, poor management
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2019
I like the employees at the employer's they were all great and fun to be around they made the job fun and the pay was great also there's a lot of space for overtime which makes it a great place also
Pros
All pros in all areas
Cons
No Cons I could think of
A Great Company To Work For
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OklahomaApril 7, 2019
I learned so much while employed with CHEP. CHEP allowed me to see the potential in myself that I had not seen before. I stayed extremely busy and had so many responsibilities. I ran two locations so I worked on and off the clock but I enjoyed every minute of it. My time with CHEP Services was an amazing experience and CHEP rewarded me with experiences I may not have gotten anywhere else. Highly recommend.
Pros
Great training is provided, Ot, Cares about employees. A great company to work for. I would happily return to the company.
Cons
Not many cons.Only had difficulty with one manager.
How I miss this company
Transportation Analyst/Freight Payables (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 4, 2019
One of the best logistics companies you can work with. Office hours are early due to being in over 36 countries world-wide. This is a company that rents pallets but there are just so many things you can do here. From customer service to CEO, truck driver to facilitator and everything in between. I learned so much working for this company, financial analysis, world-wide logistics, large and small account spends and project based work. The management was driven, empowered and hands-on. Giving employees free reign to learn and grow. The culture here is one of improvement, self-improvement, company improvement etc. If you want a challenge and a place to find yourself, this is it. The hardest part was having to leave, the best part was every day. I always looked forward to going to work and collaborating with the many fantastic people at the office.
Pros
Pay, benefits, environment, culture, people
Cons
I can't think of any
Professional environment; Great company, with excellent pay and benefits with complex processes
CTM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 3, 2019
Great company, with excellent pay and benefits. It has extremely complex processes that can allow you to learn as much as you are wiling to. The greatest challenge at this workplace is work/life balance.
Productive and Fast-Paced Environment
Pallet Sorter (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OKApril 2, 2019
A typical day at work would include sorting through several trailers of pallets. Sorting them into different stacks based on the type of pallet they are. The hardest part of the job would have to be if you didn't have someone else to help you sort the pallets. Most of the time you do so it's not that bad. The most enjoyable part of the job would be lunch, that goes for almost every job I guess.
Pros
Paid-Time Off
Cons
Short Breaks
Working for the International Department was a very good experience
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 2, 2019
I grew tremendously while working for the International Department. My supervisor did not micromanage -however, there were many deadlines that were stressful to complete at times.
Pros
Great benefits
Not a good place to work due to the management
Warehouse/Nailer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2019
I liked my job,enjoyed going to work but was lied to on
Severall occasions by management on company policy then forced to be laid off which or fired more accurately would be to say.then when I was to try and collect unemployment I was denied cause they said that CHEP stated I quit and walked off the job which was not the case put took several months to prove in which I was evicted from my home lost my car due to non payment all because the manager was dishonest with his employer and HR department. I eventually did receive unemployment 4 months later and was screwed out of my vacation pay and sick days as well as my Heath insurance
Very involved, and never the same day twice.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 21, 2019
It was very hard to take on others work load, but we were paid well, and the benefits were great, sometime I could leave at 4pm sometimes worked until 9 pm
Pros
Always fast paced
Cons
no breaks or lunches
Chep started out to change the shipping industry within the Grocery sector
Director Of Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2019
Great place to work, everyone was on the same page to make Chep a success.
Fast paced organization and at the time a young growing employee base. Benefits were good
Pros
Company was for the most part loyal, therefore employees were loyal in return
Cons
New Management at the top, causing changes at the middle management level
This is a nice warehouse job
Production worker 2 (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 4, 2019
This is a nice warehouse job But good benefits and decent pay !! Good work environment but sometimes it can be very fast pace !! But overall it was a decent job I was just looking for more pay!!
Fake culture
Employee (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 23, 2019
Good pay. Bad work life but that is the norm now days. The biggest draw back is that it does not follow its own culture and hides major issues like injuries and harassment and pays people to keep quit.
Pros
good pay
Cons
culture, executive level management, work live balance.
It was a good place to work and they mad it fun and not so boreing
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 23, 2019
They trained you on what u needed to do and left you alone to do your job they didn't stand over ur shoulder and bug you like most jobs or bosses do overall good place to work I would recommend chep/ifco to people for a place to work I got alot of my experience from chep/ifco I loved my job there I just had to move back to Kansas
Pros
Fun place to be
Cons
One break a day
Horrible IT Dept. Conditions
System Administrator and Deskside Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 22, 2019
CHEP uses a firm out of India to hire its IT Staff but that firm hires another firm to find it's staff. Problem is the firm Chep hired is literally 99.9% all Indian and they all stick together, totally bias, and will rotate you out within 3 months unless you are part of their Ping Pong click. I have confirmed this with 4 others who worked there and all contacted me regarding this as a heads up. Problem is I don't play Ping Pong. The people at CHEP who are with CHEP were wonderful. The IT Desk on 3rd floor management is horrible. I had to work closely with my co-worker whom did all the training, and showed me everything. The manager did nothing regarding training, policies and procedures, meetings, and then has the audacity to complain about performance after telling me to pick up the prior terminated employee's tickets that had outstanding SLA times from 3 weeks out. Then lied to upper management about my leaving on personal reasons which was an outright lie, then changed it to performance to cover himself.

Other than this traffic is horrible getting out at 5pm.
Pros
Clean breakroom, clean bathroom, nice CHEP employees, great environment outside of IT
Cons
The IT Dept. on the 3rd floor management, Won't last more than 3-6 months max
Double standard workplace FULL OF chaos and Disorganization
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 16, 2019
I worked the Lines and unloaded trucks at a very fast pace... considering I was the best operator picked out of 14 candidates at time of hiring. I went from being the Best Operator to being Wrongfully Terminated after two short months. Management is very poor and would rather fire you than to resolve issues. Leadman snatched the keys from my forklift demanding I go look for Another job, I almost got hit by another lift driver who was on the short list for recklessness and None of these incidents were ever reprimanded. Instead of dealing with these issues the manager elected to fire me over a petty write-up of not releasing dock. I'm currently collecting Unemployment Benefits because of All the Disorganization, Chaos and Refusal to confront the Real Issues at this workplace. EVERYDAY is some New Rule/Policy that's ever changing and Sometimes you will not even know about it until they write you up. New Leadman and New supervisor don't mind losing good employees just to make a name for themselves. Pallet builders will yell at you over pallets and management will not diffuse the hostility.
Pros
Good Opportunity to collect Unemployment Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, Hostile Workplace, Constant threat of Write-ups, No Guaranteed 40 hour workweek
productive work environment
Pallet Repairman (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 14, 2019
I would expect the pallet and repair damages. i had a quota to meet 400 pallets a night. it was a divers culture spanish speaking mostly but i got my job done either way.
Decent workplace not enough employees.
Pallet Sorter (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTFebruary 12, 2019
Decent workplace not enough employees. So most the time I got stuck with doing all the work for very long hrs with very little time off. Overtime was really nice.
Good Start
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 3, 2019
I am a remote employee and enjoy my position, but now am looking for a local position.

CHEP is a good start. I would recommend it as a logistics company.
at the end i could not do anything right to them
Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Barrington, NJJanuary 30, 2019
to fast paced to get anything done.new management was hard to get along with.i had to work through lunch just to keep up.i tried my best to get things done but sometimes it was not enough for them.
The rush and pressure is real and requires lifteing heavy paplets
Rebuilder (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2019
You deal with alott of stress and pressure so I hope you do great while under pressure as I did as I loved to work under pressure cause of the rush I get from it and I also saw the job as a great full body work out.
Pros
I had great co workers, supervisors, and job experience
Cons
Short breaks and pressure is real