CHEP Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It's a corporate environment
Operations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2018
The operation vs working at corporate are very different, be aware of which side you're working for. CHEP has the typical large corporation benefits, which are decent.
Good place to work but job security is up in the air
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 21, 2018
Contract jobs as a third party so once contract ends and customer finds better cost the contract will end. This is one of the biggest concerns for this company and its employees
Pros
Promotes from within
Cons
Balance of work and family
Forklift Operator/Line Opertor
FORKLIFT DRIVER AND LINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 16, 2018
Great place to work! The environment is very clean, the people are very friendly. As forklift driver and line operator
· Operate forklift and inspect forklift only a daily bases.
· Properly and accurately bring and put pallets in the proper location.
· Keep track of the number of repairs been made per employee and stage in the proper location for inspection.
· Perform cycle counts as required.
· Identify safety hazards in the workplace.
· Adhere to quality and customer services standards set forth by the company.
· Provide the line workers with pallets on a constantly base.
productive
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXMay 9, 2018
a typical day at work is fun and the hardest part is lifting the pallets or pulling the pallets from the line on to your table. Great place to work and the staff is great
Pros
free lunch etc etx
Cons
none really
Positive Experience
Application Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2018
It was a great learning experience. The team is very supportive and they are very encouraging.

The overall experience helped me improve a lot of skills.
none applicable
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 4, 2018
I'm not fully understanding what I have to write in this review. I've basically answered all the required questions.I don't really have nothing else to add.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced, stressful
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 3, 2018
Worked here for four years. It was definitely a love hate relationship. Pay was good til I capped out. $15 an hour is maximum for forklift drivers, but even that was like pulling teeth. Overall it's a good place to work. Definitely alot of constant changes which can be hard to adjust to.
Pros
Hours, fast paced, weekly pay
Cons
No overtime, inconsistent overtime
Pallet Repair/ Logistics
Forklift Trainer/ Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 26, 2018
I Operated Forklift, Training of Forklift and logistics. Mostly responsible for the repair and inspection of the pallets prior to having them shipped off to our clients. I was assistant safety admin and committee leader for the forklift drivers in the plant. I think this job would be a beneficial place if the management respected other individuals like human beings. I think also if they respected others on a equal level then individuals might work a little bit harder. My example would be that workers with kids should be respected as much as people with no kids. I had a conflict with my schedule and my 7 year old son. they weren't willing to help me and be flexible with my schedule. So unfortunately I had to resign from that company and the position.
this place is a joke
Forklift operator material handler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 22, 2018
Not only do they allow people who steal your food to continue working at this place with no repercussions whatsoever if you are a forklift driver they allow the builders to give you death threats on The Daily without handling the situation the management supervisors are a joke it's just a horrible workplace if you are a forklift operator or anybody who isn't a builder they bend over backwards for the builders make sure they're comfortable but if your forklift driver be prepared to be fired when somebody else gives you a death threat
Pros
A very productive and fun place to work
Builder (Former Employee) –  Lubbock TexasApril 21, 2018
I loved working for Chep. I wish I didn't have move. If anyone worse to ask me should they work there, I would tell them yes with the quickness. And the manager is awesome.

Want to know more about CHEP?

Ask a question
Productive and rewarded accomplishments.
Builder (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 17, 2018
Everything was fast paced. You have to address any problems you have. If you don't get the proper rest you can get tired. I think the team work could have been better.
Great Team Environment
Regional Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 7, 2018
Encouraged a team atmosphere. Ran very lean which causes a lot of stress especially in deficit markets. Due to the fast paced environment often worked over 40 hours a week.
competitive work place
Nailer (Former Employee) –  Rubidoux, CAApril 6, 2018
i did enjoy working at CHEP, since it is a job that requires a lot of energy an great work ethics it could be draining but the job i did have fun at an enjoyed.
Pros
fun, an exciting people
Cons
its draining
Very high stress job and a lot of hours
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, INApril 3, 2018
Chep was a very challenging job, due to keeping the pallet sorters staffed. When I was short staffed, I was required to throw pallets and do a lot of heavy lifting. It was very difficult to hire new employees due to the strict background checks and drug screening. The pay for Chep was the best I have made, but the physical part of the job was very difficult. I would say it was not a bad place to work if you are good with working at least 50 hours per week, and can do heavy lifting daily.
Pros
Making your own schedule
Cons
Heavy lifting and working many hours
Ethics can use improvement
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMarch 20, 2018
There is a lack of ethics at this workplace. The management relies heavily on what other people say than taking the time to find answers and solutions for themselves. If you are not "IN" with the "IN CROWD" then don't expect anything.
You can make money here but the timing has to be right for you and it only last so long if it does happen.
Great company took a chance hiring me. Did not let them down.
Builder (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 19, 2018
Very competitive, learned what it mean to work as a team and have very body on the same page. Manager is understanding and try help builder be as comfortable as possible.
Terrible, unsafe, if osha go in there they will definitely shut it down
Sorter/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 18, 2018
Terrible, terrible place to work the manager is racist, fights there a few times, terrible, work environment, no raises. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to apply here.
Pros
U can smoke while working
Cons
Too many
Wonderful company to work for with relaxed enviornment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAMarch 16, 2018
Great environment to work in. Everyone works together as a team to get the job done. The entire staff is outgoing and willing to put in the work necessary to complete the task at hand.
Pros
Friendly enviornment
Cons
Payscale
Foosball tables and oversize white boards
Wal-Mart TPM Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2018
The sky's the limit at CHEP ! Multiple opportunities to advance and get your career moving in the right direction. You are the captain of your career at CHEP.
Pros
Great Location ....Sunny Orlando Florida
Cons
had to change cubicles once a year !
very demanding work environment
Assistant Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 9, 2018
dynamic environment. many fluctuations in staffing. managing hourly and production based employees was challenging. many conflicts on the production floor led to terminations.