CHEP Employee Reviews

NOT worth you time
Builder/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2018
Too many ex-cons,drug users and gang members. Had to watch your back the whole time you are there. Even had a man die from a drug overdose right at the plant
Love it
Builder (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 6, 2018
CHEP is a good place to work its a fast pace job can't wait to see what automation is like but the manual build is fun and its not for everyone you gotta want it to be a builder.
Pros
Fun
sucks no real oppertunity
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 3, 2018
management sucks they play favoritism you only get 40 cents a year rules only apply to certain people they say they give room for growth but then they will hire people outside the company that have no experience in what we do.
Pros
good starter job
Cons
barely any raises no avancement
What I have learned
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 29, 2018
Negativity, condescending and equality are not a good mix. When I first started at CHEP I had my doubts on this job due to the negative personalities of the office management . Truck drivers and employees did not like coming to the window for any reason. Once I came in, I made sure to change this. I have earned the respect of many and will help anyone that needs help. Makes for a better work environment for all. I take pride in my job and myself. In order to get respect, you must earn that respect.
Great potential .... but terrible inconsistent management
Director, Logistics (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 27, 2018
CHEP has potential to be an excellent place to work --- however, the USA leadership team is inconsistent, high turnover and that leads to lack of knowledge depth and constantly changing priorities. Great place to start your career, but not for long
Pros
Speed of promotion
Cons
Terrible leadership
It's a corporate environment
Operations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2018
The operation vs working at corporate are very different, be aware of which side you're working for. CHEP has the typical large corporation benefits, which are decent.
Its a good job to work.
Sorter (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJune 15, 2018
CHEP will teach you how to sort pallets good from bad pallets and you have to clean and recycle plastic and other debris off the floor once done. It's a pallet sorting and recycling company that sorts pallets for customers to purchase to use in their daily work.
Pros
Break time any time on job
Cons
Less hours when you complete all work within 2 to three hours
Good place to work but job security is up in the air
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 21, 2018
Contract jobs as a third party so once contract ends and customer finds better cost the contract will end. This is one of the biggest concerns for this company and its employees
Pros
Promotes from within
Cons
Balance of work and family
Forklift Operator/Line Opertor
FORKLIFT DRIVER AND LINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 16, 2018
Great place to work! The environment is very clean, the people are very friendly. As forklift driver and line operator
· Operate forklift and inspect forklift only a daily bases.
· Properly and accurately bring and put pallets in the proper location.
· Keep track of the number of repairs been made per employee and stage in the proper location for inspection.
· Perform cycle counts as required.
· Identify safety hazards in the workplace.
· Adhere to quality and customer services standards set forth by the company.
· Provide the line workers with pallets on a constantly base.
productive
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXMay 9, 2018
a typical day at work is fun and the hardest part is lifting the pallets or pulling the pallets from the line on to your table. Great place to work and the staff is great
Pros
free lunch etc etx
Cons
none really
Positive Experience
Application Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2018
It was a great learning experience. The team is very supportive and they are very encouraging.

The overall experience helped me improve a lot of skills.
none applicable
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 4, 2018
I'm not fully understanding what I have to write in this review. I've basically answered all the required questions.I don't really have nothing else to add.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced, stressful
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 3, 2018
Worked here for four years. It was definitely a love hate relationship. Pay was good til I capped out. $15 an hour is maximum for forklift drivers, but even that was like pulling teeth. Overall it's a good place to work. Definitely alot of constant changes which can be hard to adjust to.
Pros
Hours, fast paced, weekly pay
Cons
No overtime, inconsistent overtime
Pallet Repair/ Logistics
Forklift Trainer/ Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 26, 2018
I Operated Forklift, Training of Forklift and logistics. Mostly responsible for the repair and inspection of the pallets prior to having them shipped off to our clients. I was assistant safety admin and committee leader for the forklift drivers in the plant. I think this job would be a beneficial place if the management respected other individuals like human beings. I think also if they respected others on a equal level then individuals might work a little bit harder. My example would be that workers with kids should be respected as much as people with no kids. I had a conflict with my schedule and my 7 year old son. they weren't willing to help me and be flexible with my schedule. So unfortunately I had to resign from that company and the position.
this place is a joke
Forklift operator material handler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 22, 2018
Not only do they allow people who steal your food to continue working at this place with no repercussions whatsoever if you are a forklift driver they allow the builders to give you death threats on The Daily without handling the situation the management supervisors are a joke it's just a horrible workplace if you are a forklift operator or anybody who isn't a builder they bend over backwards for the builders make sure they're comfortable but if your forklift driver be prepared to be fired when somebody else gives you a death threat
Pros
A very productive and fun place to work
Builder (Former Employee) –  Lubbock TexasApril 21, 2018
I loved working for Chep. I wish I didn't have move. If anyone worse to ask me should they work there, I would tell them yes with the quickness. And the manager is awesome.
Productive and rewarded accomplishments.
Builder (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 17, 2018
Everything was fast paced. You have to address any problems you have. If you don't get the proper rest you can get tired. I think the team work could have been better.
Great Team Environment
Regional Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 7, 2018
Encouraged a team atmosphere. Ran very lean which causes a lot of stress especially in deficit markets. Due to the fast paced environment often worked over 40 hours a week.
competitive work place
Nailer (Former Employee) –  Rubidoux, CAApril 6, 2018
i did enjoy working at CHEP, since it is a job that requires a lot of energy an great work ethics it could be draining but the job i did have fun at an enjoyed.
Pros
fun, an exciting people
Cons
its draining
Very high stress job and a lot of hours
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, INApril 3, 2018
Chep was a very challenging job, due to keeping the pallet sorters staffed. When I was short staffed, I was required to throw pallets and do a lot of heavy lifting. It was very difficult to hire new employees due to the strict background checks and drug screening. The pay for Chep was the best I have made, but the physical part of the job was very difficult. I would say it was not a bad place to work if you are good with working at least 50 hours per week, and can do heavy lifting daily.
Pros
Making your own schedule
Cons
Heavy lifting and working many hours