Cherokee Nation Businesses Employee Reviews

Cherokee Nation
PM Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shirley, MAMay 11, 2018
Worked for this company is two different capacities. Always felt that I was treated with respect and that my contributions were appreciated. Benefits and salary were great.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Small office, not really any chance for advancement without relocation.
good fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKMay 11, 2018
I always had something to work on or someone to help. I learned to communicate with people in ways that i didnt know how to before, to be patient with people even when they are getting mad. the management was awesome. They were always willing to help you in any way they could. The culture of the work place was pretty straight forward and laid back in its own ways. The hardest part of the job was to be able to keep guest calm when they were having an issue. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to interact with the guest in a friendly manner and still be getting your job done.
Helpdesk Temporary position
Helpdesk agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 7, 2018
Many of the previous ratings are for CNB and working in positions other than the temporary Helpdesk position that is being advertised. The Temporary Helpdesk positions are located in both Tulsa and in Fort Collins. These are Helpdesk/Call Center type positions within a subsidiary company called CSG not CNB. The employees are treated with respect and the environment is casual but fast-paced. The other employees were great to work with. This is a perfect job for a college student who is not traveling home for the summer, wants to learn something new and enjoys working with a great team. The pay is good and you are not flipping burgers! Learned about the EPA and how to help the end users. Not very technical but you aren't selling anything either. All in all a great experience!
Pros
great staff and management, casual and friendly environment. Decent pay
Cons
Non except it is hard to get on permanent as everyone likes it there
People oriented company
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKMay 7, 2018
I have always enjoyed to work for Cherokee Nation. I support the company as a whole and it's nature of giving back to the people. They have great benefits and a great start out wage.
Pros
Great benefits
Educational experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 28, 2018
I saw firsthand the inter-workings of the largest native american owned business entity in the world. CNB is a great company to work for, and if the salary were proper, I would consider taking a career after school.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
No restaurants near by
Terrible management, good pay and benefits.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKApril 28, 2018
When I started there years ago I thought I would retire from there it was a great place to work back then just little badly run. A few years later, things started changing for the worse. Now you cant even take a lunch break, there’s always someone looking over shoulder making sure you do your job and treating you like garbage no matter what you do. Annual Evaluations are rigged they run on a scale of 1-4 ( legend has it a 5 is possible.) you absolutely will not get above a 3 (meets standards) at least no one in my dept. ever did. Random incidents that you have no recollection of will be brought up during an evaluation proving that your a bad employee and driving chances of decent raise into the ground.

The Cafe has great food it’s a shame employees aren’t good enough eat the food from there! Management is basically styled after Walmart, but has become worse.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits
Cons
No support from mgt. No respect whatsoever from mgt.
Terrible management
Food and Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKApril 8, 2018
Management is ran like a wal.mart. go figure since waddell is from there. The turnover here is ridicolous and it's because management is so bad.
The tribe is stupid towards the crooked people that are running their casino. There is so much corruption and money wasting.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Bad management, bad schedule, very high turnover
Amo mi trabajo y me gusta lo q hago y me considero muy buena y muy eficas
Trabajo de limpieza (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 2, 2018
Bueno me tienen confianza soy buena con mi trabajo y me gusta lo q hago
Pros
Cons
Si
Fun environment to work in, friendly staff and excellent benefits!
Sales & Convention Services Coordinator - Intern (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 16, 2018
I enjoyed my 6 month internship with CNB at the Hard Rock in the Group Sales & Catering office. I was offered a full-time position, but did not stay because I was still a full-time college student in Tahlequah at the time. I would love another opportunity to work there again. Highly recommend working here!
No Job Security
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 31, 2018
No job security. The compensation and the benefits are great. It is what lured me away from my previous job. But the job security is non-existent and management doesn't seem to do enough to secure your job.
All contracts, poor communication
Sr. Contract Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Shirley, MAJanuary 25, 2018
Getting hired requires many hours to fill out the paperwork. Management is preferential and the culture is cut throat. Most difficult is to get correct process and information from corporate employees.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
work not appreciated, you are just filling a seat.
I do not wish to answer
Office Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 24, 2018
Typical work day: 0800-1700, busy
What I learend: Be flexible and open for change
Management:
Workplace culture
The hardest part of the job
The most enjoyable aprt of the job
Great Benefits
Graphic Artist III (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 9, 2018
CNB provides excellent benefits which is one of the top reasons to work at CNB. Peers have always been pleasant to work with. Management in some areas need work.
benefits
Cons
management
Good place but all holidays
Administration (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKDecember 22, 2017
Fun, fast-paced
Meet lots of new people

smoke-filled environment on floor
open 24/7/365
Pros
Fantastic health insurance
Cons
Work holidays
Poor Management!!
Picker and Packer (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 10, 2017
Lazy people and poor management ! No communication and no accountability for employees who don’t do there job! They expect you to pick up the slack for those that don’t pull there weight!
Favoritism and unethical
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Ramona, OKNovember 20, 2017
Managers and supervisors have no experience or any kind of leadership. Unless your a brown noser then you can't move up. Nobody likes it there, its like a prison sentence.
Pros
Not there anymore
Cons
I actually worked there for 2 years
in Kitchen
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Roland, OKNovember 13, 2017
It is a great experience to work in casino. I had great training by great chefs and sous chefs. working in a great atmosphere and putting smiles on peoples faces.
analyst
Data and GIS Analyst, Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2017
working for a lot of government documentation on financial information and air force department of defense projects. contractscan last from 6 months to a year
Relaxed smokeshop
Retail Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Gibson, OKOctober 18, 2017
It was fun to work here for 3 years. the customers can be rude about prices but then again we also have very sweet customers to so it balanced out.....
Pros
free luches to casino employees
Cons
Not free lunches to smokeshop employees, that is ridiculous.
is a sressful environment, coworkers tend to be young and inexperienced
Production Cook (Current Employee) –  Ft. Gibson, OKOctober 13, 2017
for most part enjoyed job, loved the guests that xame to the casino. the supervisors over the cooks couldn't unite as a team and tended to contradict each other on a regular basis