Cherokee Nation Businesses Employee Reviews

Bad Management
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Coffeyville, OKOctober 21, 2018
Management would call you down if you stopped to talk to another co-worker....even after making multiple rounds around the casino. You push chairs in, wipe down games and keep all trash/glasses picked up. Take care of machine malfunctions. Some employees got away with talking their whole shift and you have to do 3x the work meaning you had the whole casino to work. Sad when guests stop you and ask why out of 4 workers why are you the only one working!
Pros
Getting paid while on lunch - Couldn't leave; Great Benefits
Excellent Company
Senior Scientist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2018
Excellent company ... CNB was a partner with my previous company. Similar culture and benefits. Seamless transition between the two companies and no impact on customer support.
So glad I left
Glad I Left (Former Employee) –  Washington DCOctober 11, 2018
This was the absolute worst contracting company I have worked for in a long time. Avoid this company at all cost. There is no support from upper management.
Its ok
Players Club Representative (Former Employee) –  Grove, OKOctober 7, 2018
Fun friendly atmosphere (guests) play favorites a lot Management; harassment is a big thing seems like w all managers some supervisors to pay sucks benefits r good tho
Benefits
Cons
Every thing else
Terrible Management
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Starke, FLOctober 2, 2018
The work and requirements were sustainable and meaningful. The management and dynamic of this company is poor. There is no support for ethical decisions.
Great company to work for
Remote Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 28, 2018
Enjoyed working for environment, flex time was very convenient. But, got laid off and that made it hard to continue with Cherokee. All employees where great to work with.
Pros
great pay
Cons
contract and possiblilty of lay off
uncooperative wrokplace
Valet (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKSeptember 26, 2018
would just use this company for a temporary job until you find a better job. If you need a schedule change you might as well not ask because before they even think about give you a change it could be months. they also have to hire someone to take your current position which is more difficult than you think because turn over is so high. trying to get off graveyard? good luck. management is slow and has no drive.
Terrible Management/Gaming Commission treats you like criminals
Server (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARSeptember 11, 2018
The Chef, Food and Beverage Manager, Steakhouse Manager and a few other managers were all fired and walked out of the casino. Either they had huge egos because of their position or they were incompetent. The quality of people you work with is low because of the casino's hiring process. It takes a month to get someone hired and by the time they're offered the job, they already have another one, so they got a lot from the bottom of the barrel who would either never show up or show up and work a week or so and never be seen again. The Gaming Commission just assumes you're trying to steal and watches every move you make, when in reality it's the casino stealing money from the players because it doesn't pay out what it's supposed to pay.
Pros
The schedule
Cons
Management (lack of it)
Going Downhill
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Catoosa, OKSeptember 10, 2018
The company has recently hired outside individuals into upper management positions. These individuals have made it a very hostile work environment, cutting long term employees, forcing retirement, and using cut throat tactics.
Pros
No longer any pros to working here.
Cons
No longer enjoyable work place.
Fun place to work
EVS Attendant (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 8, 2018
The people worked with was very nice. Got to meet a lot of people. If you like to talk it’s the place for you. Over all it’s a fun place to work lots going on all day.
Pros
Got three breaks
Cons
Working till midnight
Workplace
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJuly 28, 2018
It’s a good place to start out of you are wanting a career in the entertainment business part of the company, but if you are not wanting to go into the company further then I would not recommend working for the casino.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No overtime
Cherokee Nation
PM Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shirley, MAMay 11, 2018
Worked for this company is two different capacities. Always felt that I was treated with respect and that my contributions were appreciated. Benefits and salary were great.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Small office, not really any chance for advancement without relocation.
good fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKMay 11, 2018
I always had something to work on or someone to help. I learned to communicate with people in ways that i didnt know how to before, to be patient with people even when they are getting mad. the management was awesome. They were always willing to help you in any way they could. The culture of the work place was pretty straight forward and laid back in its own ways. The hardest part of the job was to be able to keep guest calm when they were having an issue. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to interact with the guest in a friendly manner and still be getting your job done.
Helpdesk Temporary position
Helpdesk agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 7, 2018
Many of the previous ratings are for CNB and working in positions other than the temporary Helpdesk position that is being advertised. The Temporary Helpdesk positions are located in both Tulsa and in Fort Collins. These are Helpdesk/Call Center type positions within a subsidiary company called CSG not CNB. The employees are treated with respect and the environment is casual but fast-paced. The other employees were great to work with. This is a perfect job for a college student who is not traveling home for the summer, wants to learn something new and enjoys working with a great team. The pay is good and you are not flipping burgers! Learned about the EPA and how to help the end users. Not very technical but you aren't selling anything either. All in all a great experience!
Pros
great staff and management, casual and friendly environment. Decent pay
Cons
Non except it is hard to get on permanent as everyone likes it there
People oriented company
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKMay 7, 2018
I have always enjoyed to work for Cherokee Nation. I support the company as a whole and it's nature of giving back to the people. They have great benefits and a great start out wage.
Pros
Great benefits
Educational experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 28, 2018
I saw firsthand the inter-workings of the largest native american owned business entity in the world. CNB is a great company to work for, and if the salary were proper, I would consider taking a career after school.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
No restaurants near by
Terrible management, good pay and benefits.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKApril 28, 2018
When I started there years ago I thought I would retire from there it was a great place to work back then just little badly run. A few years later, things started changing for the worse. Now you cant even take a lunch break, there’s always someone looking over shoulder making sure you do your job and treating you like garbage no matter what you do. Annual Evaluations are rigged they run on a scale of 1-4 ( legend has it a 5 is possible.) you absolutely will not get above a 3 (meets standards) at least no one in my dept. ever did. Random incidents that you have no recollection of will be brought up during an evaluation proving that your a bad employee and driving chances of decent raise into the ground.

The Cafe has great food it’s a shame employees aren’t good enough eat the food from there! Management is basically styled after Walmart, but has become worse.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits
Cons
No support from mgt. No respect whatsoever from mgt.
Terrible management
Food and Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKApril 8, 2018
Management is ran like a wal.mart. go figure since waddell is from there. The turnover here is ridicolous and it's because management is so bad.
The tribe is stupid towards the crooked people that are running their casino. There is so much corruption and money wasting.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Bad management, bad schedule, very high turnover
Amo mi trabajo y me gusta lo q hago y me considero muy buena y muy eficas
Trabajo de limpieza (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 2, 2018
Bueno me tienen confianza soy buena con mi trabajo y me gusta lo q hago
Pros
Cons
Si
Fun environment to work in, friendly staff and excellent benefits!
Sales & Convention Services Coordinator - Intern (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 16, 2018
I enjoyed my 6 month internship with CNB at the Hard Rock in the Group Sales & Catering office. I was offered a full-time position, but did not stay because I was still a full-time college student in Tahlequah at the time. I would love another opportunity to work there again. Highly recommend working here!