CHERRELYN HEALTHCARE CENTER Employee Reviews

Terrible DON and terrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 27, 2018
The DON does not appreciate any of her nurses, they do not promote from within. Management does not support their staff, scapegoats staff for any and everything that goes wrong. Few staff members stay because the nursing leadership is so poor. The nursing leadership at Cherrelyn is very poor and they spend more time behind closed doors talking about staff and being bullies then anything else. I would NEVER recommend this place to even my worst enemy.
Stay clear of this place!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 31, 2018
Although this place offers great benefits (like tuition reimbursement) and decent pay as a CNA, do NOT work here. Seems like very few actually care what they do at this facility and I saw so much resident abuse here. I do not understand how this place is still open.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Everything else!
Horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 18, 2018
Nurses and CNAs are very rude and unprofessional. No team work at all. Staff is not friendly or compassionate. Patients get ignored and receive poor care.
Lazy
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 8, 2017
The CNAs at Cherrelyn were often lazy and cut corners to get their work done faster without providing a good quality of care. There were a handful of CNAs that slept on shift, including inside patient rooms. The CNAs were often disrespectful of client privacy and bedrooms. The CNAs that /did work hard didn't have enough time to complete their work.

They cut your lunch break from your scheduled shifts so you never get 40 hours a week, and scheduling was hardly ever consistent. Supplies were always low and organization was a mess. It never felt properly cleaned and had insect problems.
Cons
Scheduling, Time Management, Staffing
Family/patient focused SNF
Fieldwork Rotation 2A (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 3, 2017
This was an amazing facility to work in. Great team to work with. Staff and patients truly become more like family that co-workers. The staff really strive to make the environment a comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere for the patients.
overall it is a good company to work for
Food Service Director/Chef (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CO 80120October 3, 2016
i enjoyed working there unfortunately change was needed due to personal reasons. They offer competitive pay and flexible schedule. i am currently working at center at Lincoln but seeking for a higher position withing the same company.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
staffing
Good Enviroment
Medical Records Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 30, 2016
Wonderful staff all around. Everyone makes you feel comfortable and welcomes you to be there. I love assistant others in a office setting. I truly enjoyed being there.
Nursing Home
Lead CNA (Former Employee) –  Denver ColoradoOctober 16, 2013
Nursing home and rehab Center, located at Denver Colorado.
Great place to work!
Admissions Coordinator / CNA (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 25, 2013
Two thumbs up...hard to review because it was all good. The staff, management and the hours.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Salary
Cherrelyn is getting better but still needs to come a long way
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 28, 2013
Cherrelyn was not the greatest place to work. There used to be a lot of tension in the air that was picked up by the visitors, residents and employees. This was caused by the way the former Administrator ran things. He did not make it a place that you felt good about coming to work. That has changed with the new Administrator. Everybody seems to me more relaxed in their jobs and don't feel like they have to look over their shoulders every minute. A typical day at work for me is answering phones and greeting guests and vendors. Also includes computer work and assisting other departments. The best part of my job is the residents! I love them! I learn a lot from them! My co-workers are great. We work well together and are always willing to help each other. We are close as co-workers and friends. The problem with this company is that there really is no room for advancement and the pay. Receiving an increase in pay is not possible even for the nursing staff which is lower than majority of other places in the industry. Benefits are too expensive! Medical, Dental, Hearing....Horrible. I have been there a long time and even now cant even afford the benefits they offer. I have to say that the worst part of my job is when we lose a resident. Always makes me sad.
Pros
The residents. I love them! I learn alot from them and I love helping them
Cons
Losing a resident