Cherry Bekaert LLP Employee Reviews

Worst Place EVER
Senior manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2018
The management and culture in this firm is terrible. The Atlanta tax department does nothing to help you learn or better yourself. The busy season is cutthroat. The "stand up" meetings are a joke. Just enough to tell you that you need to work more!. Don't take an offer from this company unless you absolutely have to and then know that it is only temporary. The turnover at all levels is unreal.
Pros
Free Soda
Cons
Culture, managment, environment.
Not a company to work for.
Sr. Case Manager - Forensic Accountant (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 16, 2018
Worst company to work for. Employee turn over rate is not to be believed. Company culture is horrendous. Stuffy Virginia mentality does not mix with lose Miami mentality.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Good People, Poor 401k matching
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 13, 2018
very limited 401k match, competitive salary, busy season meals are awesome, they do a great time trying to get office employees to interact, Good people in certain locations
Poor, cowardly management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 4, 2018
Don’t expect leadership to offer direction, support or to set priorities or provide feedback. That makes it easier for them to blame you when they’re done with you. Shared values are nothing more than pretty words on paper. Process and procedures are suggestions at best. If stumbling through is how you like to work, this is the place for you.
Pros
Some nice people; good benefits.
Cons
Poor leadership.
Awful leadership, free soda
Leadership Position (Former Employee) –  GAMarch 4, 2018
About the only thing good at the firm is the free soda. Leadership will hire and fire you with busy season and how well they manage revenue. Take job ONLY if you have to and no other option. Otherwise, stay away.
Pros
Free Soda
Cons
Leadership
Very experienced management
accountant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 26, 2017
This was a very standard public accounting job. I worked in the tax line and had great experience. I cant think of a better job to start your career in.
SharePoint Administrator/Developer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 18, 2017
A slower environment, but it was a great place to work. I was in a support role, but was able to get to know many people in the local offices. Great place to start out at or grow your career.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Not sure about possible promotions/advancement
A good place to learn.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 15, 2017
I have been able to learn a lot from the partners in the firm. It is very busy and fast paced. There is a lot of CPE and hands on learning. I enjoyed most of my time there.
Great Place to Work, Great Manager and Staff, and Good Pay - Wish it could have lasted longer
Seasonal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 19, 2016
I worked there for the tax season, but since it was a temporary administrative position, I couldn't become a permanent employee. I did get to work full time and had a great manager. I enjoyed working with the administrative staff and most of the accountants. They kept me busy so it would make the day go faster and I would feel accomplished. I enjoyed being able to do a variety of tasks and learning many things about accounting. I wish I could have stayed longer/became a permanent admin employee, but I had a wonderful experience!
Pros
Free lunches, good hourly pay, cheap parking, busy day so never bored, great manager and staff, no micro-managing
Cons
Few or no full time permanent administrative positions available; Male-to-female ratio
Wonderful work atmosphere
Seasonal Tax Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 15, 2015
It is a great place to work for with a positive atmosphere. The people are open to help one another at all times and are very punctual on meeting deadlines.

Want to know more about Cherry Bekaert LLP?

Ask a question
Toxic culture especially the tax department
Tax (Current Employee) –  tysons cornerAugust 31, 2015
If you interview here - ask about turnover. It's actually absurd. They can't keep people longer than 1.5 years and it's mostly due to management. The audit team is slightly better as the partners there are semi-decent. However, vacation policy sucks and they nickel and dime on perks....BUT they still want you to work as if you are in the big 4.

i would only take a job here if you have no other offers. Vacation days are decent (but if you don't use it before you leave - tough, no payout)
Pros
decent vacation days
Cons
really poor management
Not a good environment
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 4, 2015
Typical public accounting job: long hours and lot of stress
However, the work environment is very negative and management could use improvement.
Cons
Benefits, Management, Work Life Balance
Productive work place that supports work/life balance
Assurance & Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLOctober 10, 2014
Excellent place to work that supports your career development.
Great firm to work for
Tax Internship (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCMarch 24, 2014
Cherry Bekaert LLP is a great firm for someone to get involved with if they are trying to get into the public accounting industry. Caring partners and a great environment to learn in.
Typical Public Accounting Firm
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2013
What you would expect at a mid size regional accounting firm.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cherry Bekaert LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight