Cherry Creek School District Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
poor
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 10, 2018
We kept an eye on students at school. Inside and out. Used radios to communicate with each other. Did over see special events at school. Laid off by vice principal who hired people he liked.
Not so much
Attendance Secretary (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 9, 2018
12 years in the school district and in the last 2 it has been the worst years I have every had in the cherry creek. Over worked not enough pay not enough staff.
Working with Gifted and Talented Students
G/T Inside/Out Instructor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ColoradoJuly 25, 2018
Cherry Creek School District offered and special program during summer, spring and fall as enrichment programs aimed at their gifted and talented student population. My programs taught RF skills including antenna building, learning Morse code, and basic RF fundamentals. Modules were 1-2 weeks depending upon the course. Emphasis was to encourage and guide students to earn their amateur radio license. This was a contract position.
Pros
Liberty to create curriculum and customize teaching style to meet a varity of learner modalities
Cons
Shrt duration to work with students
School Bus Driver
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 9, 2018
They expected a great deal out of their bus drivers, but the pay rate and working hours did not match for what they expected. Students were unruly at times and when rules were broken the school district was always slow to back the driver. I did not look forward to going to work each day, and would not drive a school bus ever again.
Pros
Class B CDL
Cons
Poor Management
Wonderful bonding time with elementary children
Before and After School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 6, 2018
Before and After Care program is excellent providing affordable care to children in the Cherry Creek School District. Director, Assistant Director, and Lead Teachers are all loving and patient care givers. As an assistant I help the lead teachers by supervising children and getting to know them. I enjoy the children's company a lot as they have so much to offer. I love the environment and the children, but I need a full-time position and right now, there isn't an open position. I am willing to work 8 or more hours a day. I would welcome the chance for overtime. This is something that the district does not provide.
Pros
Bonding with children
Cons
limited working hours based on student's enrollment
ok place to work if you're extremely competitive
High School Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 28, 2018
very competitive.
you need to be good at the game. more about that vs. teaching
very much all office politics , so you need to be good at "politics"
Fun and relaxed
Support leader (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 20, 2018
Working the Before/After school program was fun and relaxed! I was able to have fun with the students and interact with them by playing games inside and outside as well as doing crafts. All while providing a safe environment for them. I also worked with students with disabilities and helped them when they needed to deescalate as well as making good safe choices for themselves!
A great place to work kind caring people.
COMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 18, 2018
I have worked for Cherry Creek Schools for 24 years and it has been an excellence experience. If you care about children Cherry Creek Schools is for you.
Great pace for me
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJune 5, 2018
I enjoyed working there, its was a great place to work, missed this job very much. Great benefits and great people to work with, and lots of over time. Snow days was heavy, but other than that I enjoyed working for this company
Pros
they provide lunch some days, or you bring your own
Cons
Great bengits
A great place to work.
Senior Business Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 29, 2018
Great co-workers and environment. One large issue was that everyone got the same raise regardless of performance. The people both in department and the system users were always great to work with. IT sometimes struggled for resources as instruction always came first.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
No pay for performance.
produtive work place with any tools every needed
Landscaping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2018
cherry creek schools was a great place to work I enjoyed every day there. I had 10 schools a weeks to maintain and it made it very easy when the company had any tool you could imagine along with any weed killers and fertilizers. If there any time where I needed help with something on my property. it was as easy as a phone call to get the help that I need.
Pros
great equitment
Cons
max of 40 hours per week
Cherry Creek Schools is changing
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 22, 2018
I've been in CCSD for 20 years. It is a great district, but sadly the focus seems to be shifting to cheap and inexperienced teachers. Most of the very best teachers I've ever known have been stuck in positions they don't necessarily enjoy, punished by administrators for having opinions, and cannot ever find a new job because they are overly-qualified (aka...make too much money).
Good Job
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 22, 2018
I worked at a High School with a very diverse culture. It was a large 2700 student school. I kept busy with keeping students in class and focused on school. I broke up fights and arguments. Watched for dress code violations.
Pros
Great school District to work for
Cons
Health care can be high
Good school district
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 15, 2018
Good school district with good co-workers. Administration is distant and not involved to be affective enough at times. Simply desire a better balance between work and home
"Security"
Adaptive Physical Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 13, 2018
This is not a school. This building is a treatment facility for the cherry creek school district and their special needs students. Very intense case load of students with mental and psychological issues. Be prepared to be kicked, scratched and yelled at, and very little support from administration.
Pros
non
Cons
nightmares and lots of tears.
Wonderful Supportive work enviornment
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 2, 2018
I have absolutely loved working for Cherry Creek School District. The teachers and staff are amazing and open for conversation. Only thing that is unfortunate is the rate that they pay para professionals.
CCSD is an excellent place to work if you are energetic, hard-working and committed to excellence.
Executive Director of Middle Level Education (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMay 1, 2018
I spent over 26 years employed by the CCSD, and will conclude my tenure with the company in June 2018. I have enjoyed and expanded my capacity as a teacher, leader, and administrator with the knowledge, skills and opportunities the district provided for me. Additionally, the professionals that I worked with were top-notch individuals both personally and professionally.
Pros
Training, research, inclusive excellence, data analyses, continual efforts tpwards academic achievement and improvement of growth gaps by sub-populations.
Cons
Insurance premiums are high.
cherry creek does not value preschool at all
Special Education Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2018
They do not give preschool employees any benefits or a livable wage. The director of ECE is needlessly more concerned about ratings- in a popular, packed school district, than actually supporting employees and their needs. You do have some paid leave time, but it is limited, and you do NOT get paid over any breaks. Any school days off you have NO income to help pay bills.
Pros
the kids are amazing
Cons
low pay, no pay over school breaks or no school days
You can pick and choose your job
Substitute teacher k-12 (Current Employee) –  metro Denver areaApril 10, 2018
You have the flexibility to work where and when you want. You are required to work a minimum of 6 jobs or days per school year. You really don't have a manager to report to.
Fun place and good people
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 2, 2018
Union/School district decided to with hold some of your pay so get a check in summer. So monthly check would avg between 1000 to 1400. You werent given option and yet the employee did work.
Pros
good people
Cons
annual pay without a choice