Cherry Hill Construction Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  North Branford, CTAugust 30, 2018
Highly recommend emplyment great atmosphere to work around competitive wages very fair management and understanding! Owner is on site and continues to strive to be a better person daily!
Difficult to be the "new employee" very tight clique!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, MASeptember 21, 2017
Promised a position that never came to fruition! "Got the crumbs from other people" No one willing to work as a team. Everyone is looking out for themselves only - not willing to teach other employes the ropes so people can be cross-trained. Lack of consistency-special exceptions and favors for certain employees. Not professional at all!
Great work enviornment.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 8, 2017
Wonderful place to work before they changed superintendent,then it was down hill from there. Always felt like my job was on the line. I'd still be there if it wasn't for him. I didn't !like the atmosphere and I excused myself.
Pros
Good people in the field, good pay fun place to work.
Cons
Bad coordination from office to field.Communication is terrible.
corporate bought
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJuly 9, 2017
Corporate owned now by Tutor. lost most reputation . Many unhappy employees . Employees are a number now and not a person . Job security is low . Most cherry hill employees would not recommend this company to a friend unless they were in desperate need of work and would most likely be sure to make them understand that they are a number and to keep their head down . I worked proudly for them before they were bought by Tutor and they were highly respected in their field. Now all I can say is that it is a shame what Tutor has done to the company and the employees.

I learned and worked with some of the best people that the industry had to offer from 2000 until they were bought . We were highly trained and respected . We were a team!
Pros
great people and training prior to selling to Tutor
Cons
Tutor
Union Contractor
Union Laborer (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDApril 27, 2017
Huge company, with plenty of work
Task are completed by unionized skilled workers
Pay is according to union requirements & scale
Safety practices & equipment are a high priority
Pros
Union
Cons
Limited advancement
Fast Paced Construction Company
Survey Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Branford, CTApril 10, 2017
Great place to work. Very busy and fast paced. Survey work included lots of manual labor. Job sites were all over the state, so lots of driving required.
Fun
Construction (Former Employee) –  North Branford, CTApril 5, 2017
Very easy going managements who looks out for their workers making sure the job is done in a timely manner and workers is well paid on time and workers are insured.
Safety is priority
Lead pipe layer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 23, 2017
Big on safety.. and getting the job done on tim.. and accurately. This first time.. has plenty of work to offer..to the right candidate..i overall don't mind working here
Pros
Good hourly pay
Cons
No benefits
Construction Long Days Hard Worker
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  North Branford, CTMarch 24, 2016
Long Shifts
Plenty of overtime if you want it.
Pay is good
On your feet basically all day
You need to be a dedicated worker and have a great work ethic to work in construction
Pros
Pay, Overtime
Cons
Long Hours
Challenges
IT Technician II (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJanuary 15, 2016
CHC is a fun and enjoyable place to work for and it also has its challenges. The enviroment is very friendly and great bunch of people to work with
Busy Heavy Highway Construction Company
Projects Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJanuary 17, 2015
Project Administrator for estimators consisted of filing, letter writing, database maintenance and control of workers information from job site. Archivist of closed projects.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Information compartmentilized.
learned alot about the construction business as a surveyor
Surveyor and Laborer (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDNovember 24, 2013
Mon-Sat from dawn till bout 5 or 6 pm. I learned a lot from being a surveyor in the construction business especially when comes to building roads under the watchful eye of my father who was superintendent. Everything had to be accurate , the people were great to work for and best part was watching the job get completed
Great Company
Utilities Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDFebruary 15, 2013
Worked on takeoffs, submittals and RFI's for utilities involved with various construction projects.
Pros
great company and employees
Cons
pay wasn't the greatest
Laborer for Chery Hill (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 8, 2013
As a Lead Laborer I was required to lead a group of laborers within our crew. I was called upon to give guidance, support, advice, and also to lead by example. The hardest part of the job was to keep employee morale at a high level so that our jobs could be done in a timely manner but with an exceptional level of quality. I was the person responsible for taking orders from the crew Foreman and relaying those orders to the group of laborers I was assigned to.
Good management. Lots of hard work. Large company more than 600 employees
Job Functions -Bridge and Structures Estimator (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDDecember 12, 2012
Good Company to work for. Has large contracts on I 95.Worked for them for 5 years.
Pros
free safety breakfast meals once a month
Cons
health club
A good workplace. Good people to work with.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MarylandOctober 10, 2012
I enjoyed going to work, I mostly did concrete paving and worked with other concrete materials such as Roller Compacted Concrete, Cement treted base.
The people I worked for were very good teachers and I would have liked to spend more time with them.
The crews I looked over were very good at what they did and it made my job a little easer.
I must say that the hardest part of my job would be staying out of town more then1 year at a time. I did get use to it over the years.
I always liked concrete paving because there would never be two days a like. I liked the callanged more then anything else.
Pros
free hotels, meals
Cons
lots of long hours.
There is some one in this company that is very bad to deal withA company from
Operator (Former Employee) –  marylandFebruary 27, 2012
There is a company form out west that bough Cherry Hill and he is VERY BAD to dell with very bad does very bad work VERY BAD
Pros
bad bad
Cons
bad bad