Cherry Hill Programs Employee Reviews

Low pay, long hours, micromanaging, daily drama!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 18, 2019
My first clue that this job was going to be difficult was being required to complete onboarding and employee training FOR FREE. My Manager told me I would receive compensation for 2 hours for this but I was only paid for the 2 hour group training session. Who completes training for FREE?! My Manager enters my time but I am not able to review this nor do I receive a pay stub. Half of the staff quit because they couldn't tolerate the environment for even 3 weeks.
Employees came to work high, late or not at all. I rarely got a lunch break and I had to hustle just to get a bathroom break. Management did nothing to employees who were late, high, lazy and unprofessional .
Management created and encouraged teenage drama on set and called employees' family members and spoke very unprofessionally. Communication was severely lacking and unprofessional.
The biggest issue is not being able to review my hours and I'm sure they aren't correct. Management and administration are no help and ADP.says only they can correct the problem
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Low pay, drama, unprofessional, no breaks
Don't ever work here.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 17, 2019
I loved my job and I worked very hard. Then I found out Cherry Hill took over $400 from me, $200 from my sister, and a bunch more from my coworkers. I felt extremely betrayed. I came to work with the flu because I had no one to cover me. It was such a terrible job, but the Santa we had made it all worth it. What doesn't make it worth it is the company i worked so hard for taking money from me. I loved that job and I gave it my all. I still go visit the Santa when he's in town. It's just sad that I had to deal with that. I never got the money back. Nor did anyone else I worked with.
Pros
The Santa was wonderful. I still go see him. Just will never work there again.
Cons
Stole money, sketchy coworkers, terrible managers.
A very fun and productive job!
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 16, 2019
Typical days during the week aren't as busy as imagined. Weekends are our busiest, so every member of the team is on set. The hardest part would have to be getting kids, or animals, to look at you long enough to snap a great picture. What I enjoy most is getting to take photos and speak to all the families about their kids and making them laugh. I also enjoy those I work with. Everyone is very nice and is always on top of things. Management is very great too! Our managers are very understanding when something comes up and they aren't rude. Of course they have their days where they are very strict, but for the most part they are very laid back and still make sure everything is done correctly.
Pros
Discounts on food, One free package
Cons
Don't always have breaks, Rude parents
Did not get paid
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  South Hill, WAApril 14, 2019
No management, no accountability and does not pay on time.
No one wants to work for a company that has to have complaints filed with L&I in order to get paid.
Cons
Company does not pay on time.
fast paced
Assistant Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2019
management was good but never around. the hardest part of the job was the equipment, it was always shutting down or doing something incorrect. The easiest part was talking to customers an making them happy
Pros
free photos
Cons
long periods of no work due to equipment malfunction
Fun place to work
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 8, 2019
Working here was probably the best first job for me to have. It was so fun working with kids, so they can meet their idol Santa Claus!! The only thing that I didn’t enjoy was that it was seasonal. I wish for christmas every day!
I love this job.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 8, 2019
This job is something I look forward to every year. I can’t express how great the company is to work for and how quick they are to resolve issues. They also hold a yearly training for management which is incredibly informative and they cover ALL expenses. It’s a dream job.
Pros
Helpful management and tech support
Cons
Wish I could do it all year long!
Fun place to work at, unorganized management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 6, 2019
I do not recommend this company due to management is not very organized, last minute, several managers with not knowing which one to go to. Very unprofessional speaking to employees. HR itself its very nice, resolved payroll issue right away. Staff on set so nice! Pay is okay!
Pros
Great enviroment, good pay, breaks, nice staff
Cons
Very unorganized, last minute staff training, paperwork sent to fill out prior to Management responding, communication is not good at all, very unprofessional.
photographer with children
Little Rock - Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 3, 2019
i definitely enjoyed working in the environment and learning new things . This Job gave me a great learning experience. I was a great asst. manager every job isn't easy but its about working together as a team and being strong through every situation. its a great experience job working with children. they had a great easy camera photo process for you and they family you are taking pictures of.
Pros
good lunch time great workers
Pros and Cons
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 2, 2019
Should be able to wear different colors when comes to uniform, pay should increase the longer you work there , so many rules and regulations and guidelines and takes away from the experience when it comes to only being able to take only 3-5 shots . Glad they changed packages to allow you to get multiple pictures . SHOULD HAVE OPTION TO BUY A SINGLE PHOTO NOT PACKAGE !!!! WE LOSE ALOT OF BUSINESS BECAUSE OF NO SINGLE PHOTO !!!
Pros
Flexible Schedule, friendly staff, discounts
Cons
No promotion, managers work everyday, only few weeks a year for low pay
Cool job good pay... Easy peasy
Set Helper/cashier (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYMarch 29, 2019
Enjoyed this job wish I would've continued working here. The managers were very helpful and encouraging. The pay was good for the amount of work to be done.
Pros
Easy, not alot of standing, good pay for easy work
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes slow paced
Learning from within your professional inner compass!
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 28, 2019
This is a great company to work for if you like to help kids and families out by taking their photos for the holidays, enjoy sales, customer service, enjoy working with a. positive and professional team, and enjoy coming back each year to work the holiday season. For me, I was able to develop present and new skills by being an outspoken and beneficial independent sales lead. I learned that I am a great sales person and have valuable customer service skills. I was able to pick up a very basic item, model it, state benefits and features and the customers would just buy the items. The other team members just treat it as a job, for me it was is a business art and the customer genuinely appreciated. So for me it is a win and provides the self confidence as a co-integral as a cast member. I definitely excelled in professional development and was very competitive. I also shift managed and learned to open the set, set up the cash register and photo booth while strengthening task efficiencies.
Pros
Flexible holiday schedule and professional exposure.
Cons
Capable to overcome challenges.
Great working experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 24, 2019
I loved working here everyone was so fun and loving. I love working with children and cherry hills put me so I was dealing with children head on. And I just love everyone who works there it’s a great experience for anyone
Pros
Reduced picture prices with Easter bunny. I got a nice discount
The issues dealing with job
Manager/Photographer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 23, 2019
Work here is fast paced, working with children was the best part of the job, getting children to smile within a 3 second time frame and up selling merchandise was difficult.
Pros
Handling children
Cons
Short lunch break, long hours
Great place to work seasonally
Local Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 19, 2019
Working on a Cherry Hill set to bring the magic of Christmas and Easter to kids is the best part of this job. It is worth dealing with discourteous patrons when you see their kid's face light up seeing Santa or the Easter Bunny.
Its terrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 13, 2019
Poor management, no communication, everyone is told something different on Bonuses and wages etc....not a good place to work for. Breaks are minimal if given at all, equipment is antiquated and always needed to call tech support to help fix it. Were always having problems on set.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Absolutely no benefits what so ever
Long hours and an incredible opportunity to make magic
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Anyplace, CAMarch 12, 2019
It is what you make it. Pure imagination is not for the faint of heart. When the season ends, an incredible feeling of accomplishment. Making children and their parents happy. We make the smiles, and manufacture the memories.
Pros
Best company in the business. Period.
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work
MANAGER CHERRY HILL PHOTO (Former Employee) –  Galleria MallMarch 11, 2019
Fun, fast paced seasonal job. As a manager, you find and build your own team to work seasonally. Taking pictures of Children and Pets with Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny.
Pros
fun, exciting
Cons
seasonal
Pretty good overall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTMarch 3, 2019
I worked at the Santa set, so a typical work day was fairly short and extremely slow up until about two weeks before Christmas Eve. I didn't really learn anything useful. I mostly learned that a lot of parents don't care about the company policies/ rules. The hardest part of the job was most definitely the rude parents and trying to handle them and not come off as rude. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely talking with the Santa and the kids.
The environment is a magical place to work at Christmas and Easter, and the Joy you get to see on the Childrens faces along with the parents excitment
Local Manager / Area Supervisor over 11 Malls (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 2, 2019
A day at Cherry Hill comes with smiles from Children when they see Santa and or Easter Bunny for the first time..We learn that enjoyment comes from the customers around us and we carry that through the season. Management is wonderful, and our workplace is very inviting for everyone. The hardest part of my job is having to stop the line from anyone else seeing either Santa and or Easter Bunny!! The most Enjoyable part of my job is seeing all the children faces and reactions when they see Santa and or Easter Bunny and the parents are happy that they was just excited for the visit!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cherry Hill Programs. Our community is ready to answer.