Cherry Optical Lab logo
Cherry Optical Lab

Cherry Optical Lab Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Great place to work!

Great environment to work! Family like, fun, and laid back. Fast paced and challenging at times. Everyone is very welcoming and open to training. Great location

Good Money

The money is good and the foundation to retirement with this company is great. The managers dont take into consideration an employees ideas of making production flow easier or things that might save breakage. After awhile you just realize to just show up and work and keep your mouth closed. Unless you are the owners friend your opinion doesnt matter. Communication is a big issue in general but as they say if your not around then your not in the know! A weekly or monthly meeting would be great.

Pros

Great Pay and Incentives

Cons

Lack of communication

Fantastic place to work.

Every day there are new challenges but never a dull moment with amazing colleagues. Everyone is willing to lend a helping hand to get the job done and is committed to doing their very best.

They dont get life happens

They dont understand that life happens being a single mom I found it hard to make them understand that things happen and things come up. I also had major surgery due to cancer and was penalized for that

Employees are Family

Verified Employee

Cherry Optical, Inc has an awesome work environment. It's exciting to be a part of something that is growing so fast! Cherry Optical, Inc views their employees as family.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Self Promoting Company

Verified Employee

A typical day at Cherry Optical is exciting, unexpected, new, fulfilling and rewarding. Work hard, love what you do, and you'll be rewarded not only by this company, but more importantly how you feel every day coming into work knowing you will learn something new. Cherry Optical brings out the best in everyone, encouraging self promotion from within. They provide all the tools, provide the training, and even pay for you to get your certification. If you have the drive to self improve, they will help you achieve it.

Overall a great place to work and make a career out of it.

Verified Employee

This is a busy, fast paced company with major opportunity for a career and future in optics. There are as many overtime hours as you want, and you are making the world a better place for others to see. The insurance is not that good, but they do pitch in some for an HSA. This is the only draw back as of now. The best part of the job is you can get out of it exactly what you put in- so it is up to you!

A Company in Pursuit (and Attainment) of Excellence

Verified Employee

At Cherry Optical you are part of a team, a driven and dedicated team. We have a mission, to provide excellence in our field, and we take every effort in that pursuit. There are many opportunities to grow professionally, and you always know that your work is appreciated. Our goals are high, and good workers are highly valued. I'm blessed to be part of this team and plan to stay indefinitely.

I love my job

Verified Employee

I have learned to work in almost every department here. There are a lot of opportunities to grow here with the company. Cherry Optical is a great place to work. No uniforms. Everyone is very nice. Never a dull moment here!

Get ready to WORK!

Verified Employee

Cherry Optical is a rewarding place to work at; from day one I was expected to give the absolute most I could. The pace is very fast and, along with great coworkers, my shift is done before I know it! There are always learning and growing opportunities and the pay is of a living wage, just be ready to work hard!

Jobs at Cherry Optical Lab

See more jobs

Success and growth

Verified Employee

Working with the people in the company were very helpful and very easy to work with throughout the years I been employ. I been very successful in the company with wages that match my experience and knowledge in the workplace. You are provided with learning and hands on with machines and understanding of the process of our work and work flow from day to day. Work can be fast paced but relax setting, as your able to paced yourself to your work as you learn the process of each stations. Management is involved all aspect of work and knowledge in their field to help, teach and solve issues if arises in departments.

Great Business

Verified Employee

It started out as a family owned business and has grown tremendously. The days fly by when working here. We are all a great team. Music is played throughout the building which is nice too.

Workplace Culture

Verified Employee

Cherry Optical is a clean facility. Carpeted floors, food and drink allowed, warm in the winter, AC in the summer. The people are knowledgeable and helpful. Cherry Optical is different than the rest.

Verified Employee

If you are eager to learn and want to understand the optical lab part of lens making, then Cherry Optical is your place to be!!! You will become fast friends with co-workers, you will be treated like family, and be appreciated. You will love coming to work and be excited to start your day!!! Your work days go by fast because you are so busy, you just don’t know where the time goes! Everyone is willing to help and answer your questions!

Seeing is believing

Verified Employee

Great working environment with great people who also want you to succeed with the team. I started with no experience in the industry and was able to quickly learn the main concepts as well as some of the more complex issues that can arise in the manufacturing and finishing of optical lenses - there always seems to be something new to explore. Management seems fair and also generous with sharing the company's success. While some growing pains do exist the management team is receptive to ideas while also trying to balance the workflow to get quality products to our customers. I really don't think there is a hard part of my job, but, It is still challenging because there is a plethora of work and special jobs are becoming more common. My coworkers (including managers), the variety of music, and the occasional free lunch and frequent treats make Cherry Optical a relaxed but focused workplace.

Manager

Verified Employee

a typical day at work goes by quickly. I started at cherry optical with no knowledge of optics and now through training I am ABO certified and doing well in this company. i have worked hard and they have shown their appreciation. its a fun laid back but fast paced atmosphere.

Great place to work . Family owned . Rapidly expanding with great opportunities to make a great career!

Verified Employee

Great Place to work with great people. I have worked here over 12 years and with the provided on the job training have advanced through the company. The atmosphere is great and the people really do love what they do here. Being family owned is a nice plus as well. The company has and is expanding which makes it a great place to work because there is always room for self improvement and growth within the company.

Cherry optical

Verified Employee

Cherry Optical is an amazing place to work for. I have always wanted to work for a company, where I loved what I was doing and who I was doing it for. I have found this at Cherry optical. There are not many places where you can say you feel loved and appreciated as if you were really part of the family that started it.

The Cherry team

Verified Employee

This company is growing bigger and bigger each day, but they stick to their beliefs and values to each and every person working hard at their business. It is a family owned company and it really does feel like a family, the owners are very welcoming and are hands on in the workplace. Each day is different, but you're always busy so the day will fly by fast, and busy means job security. All of the employees are nice, laid back, and like to joke around. Yes, you are very busy everyday, but we make it fun so it doesn't feel like you're just stuck in a job you hate. Management is involved to listen to any issues or suggestions, and they're all really really nice. You will be trained and taught everything needed to succeed here, plus it's not a stuffy stiff work environment, so learning is fun when you feel at ease. Everybody at this company makes sure it runs smoothly, we're a big team and close to family! Honestly this is the best place I have ever worked, you feel valued and are treated with respect.

Great Place

Verified Employee

Great family oriented place to work. Easy going and down to earth. Everyone gets and along and works together. Best place i ever worked at. Love it here!

Customer service

Verified Employee

Love LOVE my job! We are all family here and I love being apart of the team. We are growing everyday and I'm excited to see what the future holds for us all here at Cherry. Waking up in the morning isn't hard when you enjoy what you do!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cherry Optical Lab. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6