Cherwell Software Employee Reviews

Great Team and Culture
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 18, 2018
Work hard and the company will recognize you and reward you. Don't be afraid to try new things or propose new ideas as some of the current processes need some updating.
Pros
Culture, Environment, Team
Cons
Na
Bad professional Services management
Sr Consultant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 13, 2018
Cherwell is a badly managed company. The management has no clue on how to manage their most precious talent pool. Good people are exiting this mess and those who join and flabbergasted by the way this company is run. They have a mediocre product that is hated by their customers and even the product development and support teams are tired of fixing all the bugs but just cant keep up with what's reported back. This company will be eaten up a bigger corporation or will go bankrupt in the years to come.
Cons
Used to be a great company
DIRECTOR OF R&D/ENTERPRISE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 8, 2018
After VC came in, the company's soul got stripped away and it just became a grinder. The product has a potential to be great, but the culture has become toxic.
Summary
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 20, 2018
Great place to work, with good people. Lots to learn but everyone is so busy that there isn't time to learn from anyone else thats been in the company longer than yourself.
Once was full of potential and envious culture - destroyed by HR and executive replacements
Sales (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 10, 2018
Nearly 40% attrition in past six months, primarily due to unexpected terminations. There is no trust at any level for the new Executive Management. HR is referred to as the dark bureaucratic force that blindly terminates based on new management recommendations.

While strong managers, directors and VP's are brought in on a regular basis, with every intention to repair what's broken, they are quickly deflated and demoralized by the hurdles created by an arrogant Legal group, as well as the over-inflated ego of a new CRO.
Pros
free beer, soda, snacks - cool office
Cons
HR HR they don't care and you have a target if you express dissatisfaction - CRO - product concerns
Very toxic place
Sr. Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 19, 2018
In May of 2017 I was summoned to HR to discuss my knowledge of unethical behavior on the part of a VP. Two of us in IT testified against this person, and were both fired within 2 weeks of one another. I personally feel it was in retaliation for telling HR what he was involved with.

Free snacks, free soda, nice view. Good folks, but VERY TOXIC company. Once the investors got involved, it all became about the money instead of doing the right thing.

STAY AWAY FROM CHERWELL SOFTWARE, I WOULDN'T EVEN BUY THEIR OUTDATED APPLICATION.
Pros
free soda, free snacks
Cons
management is dishonest. HR is complicit in unfair terminations.
Changing Times
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 24, 2017
Cherwell is a company going through major transition with the opportunity to really make a huge impact in the market. There are questions about growth, scalability and culture that need to be addressed that the Executive Team is working on. Communication will be the key to success.
Pros
Mostly great people who are committed to the mission
Bad management
Professional Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 2, 2017
Cherwell has a good product but immature management, specially leading the professional services team. The staff isnt given good tools to learn and you have to kiss up to Project Managers to get on good projects. There's a huge gap between office workers and remote workers where the remote people never know whats going on. Lately lots of veteran PS management has left and the new ones are incapable of steering the business in the proper direction. Employee dissatisfaction is at an all time high.

I would advise prospective candidates to avoid Cherwell completely.
Great up-lifting place to work.
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 17, 2017
Cherwell provides employees all the comforts you could possibly desire while working there. They have everything from beer on tap, break rooms full of snacks. Multiple entertainment sources to keep employees motivated throughout the day.
Overall Pretty Good
Sales Order Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2017
Great Job fun environment. Wish I could have stayed on as a contracted employee. Not uptight, the work was manageable, constant office lunches, fun activities.
Culture is awesome. Customers are too!
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 12, 2016
An IT start-up that's been blowing the socks off of the competition since 2008. Cherwell is ranked in the top 3 and has been for the last few years. Collaboration is huge yet so is autonomous work. Many of us work from home PT or FT.
Pros
Free snacks and soda. Plus craft beer!
Cons
Procedures are either absent or wonky. The software we use is ironically substandard.
Perspective Matters
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 22, 2015
From a developer's perspective, there aren't many places that will encourage exploration and discovery with full support like this place. We have the ability to identify technology we should be using and begin using it immediately. To put it in perspective, I've been a web developer since 2003. I feel like I've grown as a web developer more in two years here at Cherwell than the entire nine or ten years I spent in government work.

Working from home half of the week is fantastic (with the option available if the weather is bad or sickness gets you) for work-life balance. I also spend a LOT less on gas over a year's time. This is one of those unnoticed benefits that adds up to a significant amount.

The pay is good but could be better. However, that may be changing soon as they are trying to establish market ranges per position with rigorous studies. The benefits are not good as far as medical. I believe they offer reimbursement after the first $2500 out of pocket, but it's still a weak plan compared to my previous position.

There are positives and negatives to a growing company. Some areas end up suffering, but this isn't a company that stagnates. The leadership has demonstrated that they will identify trouble areas and fix them. Sometimes that takes longer than some people can wait, so they end up on Indeed writing bad reviews. I remember feeling a lot of frustration as we adjusted towards more of an agile/scrum process, but now that I've been here a while, I can see where we started is a *long* way back. Progress is happening, and I'm definitely sticking around long-term.
  more...

We share a building with Quantum, and they have a full gym and a couple of ping pong tables that are nice to get the blood moving. Oh, and there's a keg of fine-quality beer in our game room (with a modern game system). While this isn't unheard of, I believe it's often filled by one of our employees who brews excellent beer.
Pros
Always improving, more and more cutting edge, work from home, flexibility, growing quickly so opportunities to move up
Cons
General growing pains, medical benefits
Lost its edge over the competition
just another used up individual (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 23, 2015
Nice company when started took care of their people. no mentoring learn it or your shown the door.
Millennial city, turned into good old boy company dragging in a lot of the Presidents fromer employees... really got tired of the lip service.....
They DONT eat culture for breakfast
developer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 25, 2015
The company when smaller was very keen on the employee and work life balance. Now, it is just about funding the new fancy building, you are just another number that is replaceable. The benefits are horrible with a 5-10K health insurance deductible. New building is cold, cube city and noisy.
Not bad but not great
Channel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 13, 2014
Cherwell is a good company with a potentially great product. They are laser focused on their clients and partners and want to be seen as a caring company and they exceed at this.
That said, inside the company the cliquish nature of corporate America is exemplified. You will be told that they are an open and "fun" organization. What you will find is that almost everyone there is either a friend of one of the first employees or a family member of someone who has been there for some time. If you don't fall into this category be ready to do whatever it takes to try to infiltrate the tight knit groups.
Also know up front that you will be underwater at all times no matter your job description. They are growing faster than they were prepared for and many positions have had to take on extra tasks to compensate.